There re chinese idols nationalists in kpop....

• unpopular opinion on this forum but most of the people support their countries. americans supported every single illegal war they led in the last god knows how many years. it's not surprising at all.

ppl shocked by chinese idols being chinese

• unpopular opinion on this forum but most of the people support their countries. americans supported every single illegal war they led in the last god knows how many years. it's not surprising at all.

As an Native American living in america.... let me tell you America is trash.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

BP-PWF-Sig.gif

• External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lay is the most recent one

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

BP-PWF-Sig.gif

• True selling out his city***

Hopefully it will be a country in the near future just like Estonia

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Like caging illegal immigrant children, I think you will see opinions ranging from apologetic for and totally against it.

this is actually a great example.

would american media ever report on the cages if they didn't mistakenly think the infamous photo was taken during trump administration? the photo that should have proved his administration's cruelty? the meltdown when it turned out that the cages were built and the photo was taken during obama administration. where were left-leaning media to criticize obama back then? they are the ones that claim they care about human rights? left-leaning media loved obama but hated trump (rightfully so but that's for another topic) and based on that they picked and chose what news to cover. that's propaganda, reporting news that fits your politics and agenda. china isn't doing anything other countries don't do too, you just think your propaganda is right and fair unlike theirs.

i'm from european third-world country and we are in a borderline dictatorship. eu doesn't care, they support him because he does what they want. eta: when i say "support him" i mean they aren't doing anything to stop him which is essentially the same.

first world countries don't really care about human rights, they just pretend they do.

• I do understand that they may not have much of a choice.

BUT at the same time I also dont see a reason for me to support any Chinese idol anymore. I think I should have that much freedom of choice. Might be an unpopular opinion. But I dont think that one has to keep on supporting someone doing something horrendous even if one can understand the reason behibd it. I mean even if the situation is like this, at its core its still horrible what they do, nothing will change that.

Here in Germany for example we do understand that back in Nazi times opposing the regime pretty much meant your social death and you could end up being nothing over night at best, or die at worst. Nope a lot of people weren't actually fully convinced of the shit that happened back then. And they still chose the wrong side because of course they too wanted to survive. So we do understand where a lot of people where coming from. Still it doesnt mean that we excuse or support any of it. At the end of the day it was still wrong.

• True selling out his city***

Hopefully it will be a country in the near future just like Eston

The reason the PRC government cracked down like they did was exactly because of the notion the protests were separatist in nature, so this sentiment is not even remotely helpful to the notion of salvaging the one-country, two systems construct.

• Dissapointed but not suprised.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This whole issue was so funny to see on weibo. For a whole day idols were harassed to terminate contracts, so yeah, I don’t think they had a lot of choices when the whole country is on your throat. At this point all c-ent idols are barefoot until they find local or non-cancel brands.

• You mix up media, the government and the people into a clump that seems to be one and the same. Which it is not. The media is an enterprise designed to make as much money and buzz as possible no matter if left or right. And to keep their own people in check. When the media reports something and supports xxxx policy it doesnt necessary mean that the people on the streets all want to go in that direction too.

And what is the government in most countries? Its old men who mostly already came from money and connections and in 95% of times they dont have much in common with their own people. The world runs on corruption at the end of the day.

And as harsh as it sounds, but the truth in life is that ordinary people cant do much tbh. No matter the power of the internet and social media. It still would not be able to start a revolution. Because revolutions dont happen on the internet. They hapoen on the streets. A dentist, construction worker, and gardener and then 10mio other normal people in a first world country wont change much about most things no matter how much they rage on twitter or how much they donate. The only real way for any of us to ACTUALLY change anything in a place like Yemen for example is to fly down there in masses ourselves and do it ourselves. But thats just not realistic. No matter how much most of us would actually be FOR human rights, we still arent THAT altruistic. Lets be honest, would YOU fly to Yemen and risk your life? Thats not how life works.

Back when the berlin wall fell in 1989 it didnt fall because people from other countries demanded for it to happen or because the media made it happen, it happened solely because they aired a false TV report that made it sound like the borders would open today (which the government never actually said they would do but thats how it ended up being reported) and in a matter of hours tens of thousands of people went on the streets and towards the wall because they thought its open. So many people that even the government didnt manage to kill the whole thing down. And when you look back down history road, thats how the majority of major changes always happen in a country. When the people of that country go on the streets. Its how the french revolution happened 200 years ago and how Hong Kongers try to save their freedom in the 2010s/20s. No matter when, I doubt the method will ever change.

The government and the media is very rarely representative of real people. Lets be honest the real reason so many people are disappointed by these Chinese celebrities is because they still see them as part of the civilian population. So their course of action seems more bitter and disappointing. Its because people no matter where often know deep down that the government and media are corrupted so the expectations are low. And for many ordinary people other ordinary people are the only hope left. Somewhere in the back of our head we all have that conviction that even if the government and media of a country go to shit but at least the civil population still has some degree of free speech then it wont go 100% to shit. Because we all kinda know that the death of free speech is that one definite and big fat last step countries take towards dictatorships.

• You mix up media, the government and the people into a clump that seems to be one and the same. Which it is not. The media is an enterprise designed to make as much money and buzz as possible no matter if left or right. And to keep their own people in check. When the media reports something and supports xxxx policy it doesnt necessary mean that the people on the streets all want to go in that direction too.

And what is the government in most countries? Its old men who mostly already came from money and connections and in 95% of times they dont have much in common with their own people. The world runs on corruption at the end of the day.

And as harsh as it sounds, but the truth in life is that ordinary people cant do much tbh. No matter the power of the internet and social media. It still would not be able to start a revolution. Because revolutions dont happen on the internet. They hapoen on the streets. A dentist, construction worker, and gardener and then 10mio other normal people in a first world country wont change much about most things no matter how much they rage on twitter or how much they donate. The only real way for any of us to ACTUALLY change anything in a place like Yemen for example is to fly down there in masses ourselves and do it ourselves. But thats just not realistic. No matter how much most of us would actually be FOR human rights, we still arent THAT altruistic. Lets be honest, would YOU fly to Yemen and risk your life? Thats not how life works.

Back when the berlin wall fell in 1989 it didnt fall because people from other countries demanded for it to happen or because the media made it happen, it happened solely because they aired a false TV report that made it sound like the borders would open today (which the government never actually said they would do but thats how it ended up being reported) and in a matter of hours tens of thousands of people went on the streets and towards the wall because they thought its open. So many people that even the government didnt manage to kill the whole thing down. And when you look back down history road, thats how the majority of major changes always happen in a country. When the people of that country go on the streets. Its how the french revolution happened 200 years ago and how Hong Kongers try to save their freedom in the 2010s/20s. No matter when, I doubt the method will ever change.

The government and the media is very rarely representative of real people. Lets be honest the real reason so many people are disappointed by these Chinese celebrities is because they still see them as part of the civilian population. So their course of action seems more bitter and disappointing. Its because people no matter where often know deep down that the government and media are corrupted so the expectations are low. And for many ordinary people other ordinary people are the only hope left. Somewhere in the back of our head we all have that conviction that even if the government and media of a country go to shit but at least the civil population still has some degree of free speech then it wont go 100% to shit. Because we all kinda know that the death of free speech is that one definite and big fat last step countries take towards dictatorships.

no, i do not. you cannot have one without another. to reinforce a certain view onto the public you have to have media's support. how do you think propaganda is spread? i live in a "democratic" european country with no opposition in the parliament. how do you think we got there? brainwashing can only work if you control the media and china does.

i'm not talking about social media, social media is useless. or donations, that's a western thing anyway. i'm talking about the streets where revolution happens, a place where people often have to give up their lives for the greater cause. my country went through all of that. you may even figure out where i'm from.

no, flying to yemen is not the only way to stop your country to turn a blind eye and let genocide happen. in fact, it's useless, an individual cannot change anything, but massive protests might put pressure on the government to stop their wrongdoings. they could at least try. but that to happen people have to believe in the cause and be willing to spend their free time on the streets which is unlikely to happen because the matter doesn't directly affect their lives. people won't give up on comfort; their expensive clothes, phones, shoes... they all know what condition they are made in but choose to ignore it for financial reasons.

upbringing, social values, history, culture, religion, etc, shape up people's views. not only in china but everywhere else. chinese citizens, idols included, will always support their country because they believe in it. i can bet that the vast majority of chinese people in china are proud of these celebrities for taking the stance against the west (western europe+north america) and defending china's honor.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!