Is boyband Dear Alice really Kpop or just a British boyband?

• Are they Kpop or British? 14

1. Kpop (1) 7%
    2. British (13) 93%

" Dear Alice (디어 앨리스) is an upcoming British boy group under Moon&Back Media and SM Entertainment. The group consists of James, Dexter, Reese, Olly, and Blaise. The upcoming BBC One show Made in Korea will show the process behind the group’s formation. "

Honest opinion: I think this group who claimed to be "Made in Korea" is just trying to gain some Kpop fans for a headstart because every other western boyband have flopped since 1D. Some people called the UK-Pop or a British version of K-pop but they they just seem like a British boyband or 1D like boygroup. The only difference between them and Kpop boyband was they were trained by SM for 3 months. They have way less Kpop vibe than Vcha and Katseye.

However you can find information on them on Kprofiles , most of them are in early 20's, oldest is 23 and youngest 19 all from UK.

https://kprofiles.com/dear-alice-members-profile

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dear Alice
    www.youtube.com

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by YukiBTS ().

• the question as always is what is kpop in the first place?

obviously everyone has a different understanding and interpretation of what it is and what makes a group "kpop"

nationality? ethnicity? language? connection to SK? producers from SK? company from SK? does the group have to promote in SK? did the members train in SK? etc etc

• I have a very similar opinion, when they said SM is having a new British boy group I thought they fully hand picked the trainees, choose the name for the group, have members of different nationalities within the group and were trained in different instruments (kind've like other bands Day6 and N.Flying for example).

Although I'm sure they are great and talented to, I think being affiliated with SM and being a 'kpop' group are two different things. From my knowledge none of the members are Asian / Korean which is were I would put the kpop title.

A lot of artists outside of Korea are really really popular without using the term 'kpop' or that kind of thing, I don't think there is no reason these guys can get popular in South Korea if they put in the work in promotions and releases.

I don't think they are kpop though.

• i prefer dear priest

• the question as always is what is kpop in the first place?

obviously everyone has a different understanding and interpretation of what it is and what makes a group "kpop"

nationality? ethnicity? language? connection to SK? producers from SK? company from SK? does the group have to promote in SK? did the members train in SK? etc etc

Some titles and comments call the British Kpop or in less cases UK-pop.

Nationality: UK

Ethnicity: Mainly English, Irish one of the member is part Belgian

Language: English (may throw a few Korean words)

They were trained by SM Entertainment for more than 3 months or in South Korea for 100 days . They are not going to be promoted in SK I think, they are mostly owned by Moon&Back Media. I think they just selling the image that these boys were trained in SK and that their singing and dancing came from SM, this make people believe they connection to Kpop

The members were selected by these guys who are the owner of Moon&Back Media who decided to partner with SM management.

But they were created through Moon&Back Media and SM Entertainment.

• I still think Vcha, Katseye and now Dear Alice are kpop groups! Why? Because all the support to them comes from kpop fans! They dance like K-pop idols, live to some extent as a K-pop idols, and are trained as K-pop idols! The only difference is they release songs only in English(K-pop groups nowadays are releasing too) and usually don’t have Korean members, and they don’t promote in Korea of course

• Yeah but they sometimes called "British Kpop boyband" because they were partly created by SM management (trained in S.Korea for 3 months) but I think they either be just like a typical British boyband or they be dancing/singing/rapping like Kpop boygroups but with the British style.

They have K-pop profiles.

https://kprofiles.com/dear-alice-members-profile

I have several kpop profiles myself to, it's pretty easy to create but it doesn't mean they are kpop. 😅

• They are more attractive than loads of other kpop bgs, probably because they're all different races and look natural

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• I like them because one of the members looks a bit like a young version of Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons. thebadguy can you see it?

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• The one with the buzzcut should grow out his hair he looks hot

sorry not sorry

i might be fangirling already

mind you i have a total sum of 0 crushes on anyone atm not a single guy, not even kpop, and also not guys from irl

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• They're all so cute oh my god

Hybe should make a westernized BG with members from different racial backgrounds as well

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• I don't even know who dan reynolds is.

I just listen to imagine dragons songs on spotify but can't even name a single members tbh

Dan is the one whos singing :meme-u-ok:

Hes also the one who waved to me when i was on their concert in 2018. Main Character Moment, I'll never forget :holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 130115.png

Screenshot 2024-08-08 130121.png

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!