Are you liberal or conservative?

• Which are you? 19

1. I am 100% neither (10) 53%
    2. Liberal (7) 37%
    3. Conservative (2) 11%

I'm curious as to how much more liberals there are compared to conservatives.

If you don't know what that means it's are you a left winged or right winged. To give some examples. Left wing are usually the ones who say defund the police and are lbgt right wing are usually more patriotic and Christian.

The right is usually for guns and left against guns. Right against vaccinations left for it etc. obviously not everyone is the same but I supposed most people against Trump are liberal and for him conservative.

For me I am neutral I think both sides have very silly policies. Some make sense ofc but I'd never vote for either.

• You know this site isn't just Americans, right? None of those examples hold any relevance for the rest of the world.

I'm a left-leaning centrist.

• I'm primarily conservative, but I have disdain for the police. I like the idea of police, but they are poorly trained and managed, and I think that's by design. Personal freedom (with obvious exceptions like murder and theft) is more important than anything, even safety.

I believe in live and let live. If you're scared of a disease, stay inside and let the rest of us go outside. Biology is real. Truth is just as important as freedom, but freedom would come first if I had to choose a ranking.

I'm also not the least bit religious (although I agree with many Christian values), and I believe taxation is theft.

• Liberal in the old sense of the word. Individual rights as the bases of society is a Liberal pursuit.

Propaganda notwithstanding, Republicans and libertarians today are much closer to "classical liberals" in their beliefs. What the post-Obama Democrat Party calls "liberals" today are actually Marxists.

• Propaganda notwithstanding, Republicans and libertarians today are much closer to "classical liberals" in their beliefs. What the post-Obama Democrat Party calls "liberals" today are actually Marxists.

True enough, that is the gist of it.

• Propaganda notwithstanding, Republicans and libertarians today are much closer to "classical liberals" in their beliefs. What the post-Obama Democrat Party calls "liberals" today are actually Marxists.

Well someone clearly has no idea what Marxism is, but that's no surprise.

Modern Republicans wouldn't know anything about individual autonomy or liberties. These are the same people who wish to re-elect a would-be dictator and dreamt up fascist bullshit like Project 2025. You could say they're liberally fascist, but that's like being conservatively communist.

:meme-erm:

• Simple explanation of Marxism.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Labor Unions solve a lot of the grievances. Labor discrimination laws and 'Right to Work' laws solve a lot more. The best labor solution is already in place within a capitalist system.

This rest of Marxism is collective ownership and class envy, that sux. I don't care if someone is very wealthy. I don't believe money becomes unavailable because their rich. Do believe they have more influence in Government through lobbying, corruption, wheeling and dealing.

Obama made a few remarks that are pure Marxism. Incident with Joe the plumber and the Speech about "You didn't Build That". Both Collective Property justification.

• Well someone clearly has no idea what Marxism is, but that's no surprise.

Modern Republicans wouldn't know anything about individual autonomy or liberties. These are the same people who wish to re-elect a would-be dictator and dreamt up fascist bullshit like Project 2025. You could say they're liberally fascist, but that's like being conservatively communist.

:meme-erm:

I feel like the Democrats are a lot more similar/closer to the Republicans than to Marxism.

The Democrats and Republicans in congress practically agree on everything when it comes to US foreign policy and projecting US power around the globe. When it comes to domestic economics, they are both pro-business parties and capitalist. The Democrats just kinda pretend to be more Pro-Labor in their messaging.

I feel like the main difference between the two parties is a few cultural issues in which I agree with you that the Republicans represent more the anti-Individual autonomy and liberty when it comes to culture especially since Evangelical Christianity has become the main force behind the right in the US over the last 50 years or so.

Pretty much just everything the right disagrees with is labeled as Marxism in the US which is why people think things like Gay rights is Marxism. When Marxism is just a criticism of an economic system.

Also, a lot of US domestic politics do have roots in racism, such as the Private School movement, and stuff like how farm workers were excluded from the Fair Labor Standards Act and are still excluded from the National Labor Relations Act and federal overtime requirements.

Also, government services are garbage because congress always defunds them, so people hate government services in the US because of how poorly funded and ran they are. The Democrats and Republicans would rather spend money on our 750 overseas military bases and scare monger about China when the Chinese ships who are off the coast of China accidently get too close to one of our military bases right next to their country.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Most Democrat politicians would basically be considered centrists on nearly every matter in most similarly developed nations, at least before right-wing populism recently started to take hold internationally. The US has no actual left-wing political party. We try explaining this to Republicans and they just go full McCarthy on us every time, like the ghost of Stalin himself is attempting to lecture them. They're so quick to see Democrats and themselves drifting further & further apart, but fail to notice it's themselves who are rapidly moving down river and completely losing sight of center.

The Snide is strong with this one.

b704cd8939c774e1c941611b2447168311956b06.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!