How many books did you finish already in 2024?

• I'm officialy done with 1 so far and have 3 more to read as of now

The book I finished this year so far was ' I'm glad my mom died ' by Jennette McCurdy

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Jennette McCurdy

Ooh

FROM

iCarly - Nickipedia - All about Nickelodeon and its many productions

None, but I want to finish at least 1 this year.

~~ :red-heart: QUEEN SUNMI :red-heart: ~~

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm officialy done with 1 so far and have 3 more to read as of now

The book I finished this year so far was ' I'm glad my mom died ' by Jennette McCurdy

How did you like it? I have heard a lot about it but I haven't read it myself. And what else is on your to-read list?

I started one but had to stop it, because it made me cry every two pages. It was beautifully written but don't go in if you're sensitive, especially regarding grief and loss. It's called "Tokyo Ueno Station" by Yu Miri. I'll pick it back up when I know it's not going to affect me as much.

I did manage to finish another book: "Idol, Burning" by Usami Rin. Highly recommend! It's about a high school student, who is obsessed with a J-pop idol. It's not a story about stalking, but one of a stan whose life revolves around the idol, seeing him in concert, following everything he does online, buying all of his merch, and how it affects her life. I especially liked the way she described herself. She so obviously needed help but no one around her nor herself recognized it, and I think that is all too common. I also liked how matter-of-fact it was written: not sensationalizing but simply "this is how things are and this is how I feel". It shows how realistic the story in fact is.

Finally, I read a couple of manga but I doubt that counts.

• ive read 10 books so far.

ive read all the first 3 books in the dune series and i am 50 pages away from finnishing the 4th volume.

i would've gotten the 5th and 6th dune novels but they aren't yet translated in my language. so idk.

im probably gonna go back to the library to pick up random booms at the end of the month.

• It's a solid 9/10 for me. It describes her realationship to a toxic and manipulative mother that only wants her own best without caring for the mental health of her own daughter to a level that her own child grows up beliving that she was only alive to make her own mom happy, not realising that her own mom was just doing her harm and no good. Especially at the end when her mother is about to die, it gets very deep and I often felt quit sorry for her when reading certain parts of the book. I can deffinetaly recommend the book to everyone who knows her.

I bought a few smaller books and a normal sized one a few weeks ago. My next book I'm going trought is by the author called Janosh. He is a German author known for many centuries already, by his stories. I saw them as cartoon when I was little so when I got the first smaller book of his work last year, I decided to get more when I saw them in store this year. Janosh is mostly known for stories around a little bear. In one of the stories the bear is living in a house with a tiny tiger and the tiger dreams of going on vacations and her biggest wish was to see Panama oneday, so the bear decided, since he loves the tiger a lot, to go on vacations with her to find Panama. He has also a few other characters that are quit iconic in Germany.

The books sized very little, so I might finish them in a day or 2. The other one I need to read is ba Haruki Murakami. Since I read a few of his book before I decided to read another one of him.

• It's a solid 9/10 for me. It describes her realationship to a toxic and manipulative mother that only wants her own best without caring for the mental health of her own daughter to a level that her own child grows up beliving that she was only alive to make her own mom happy, not realising that her own mom was just doing her harm and no good. Especially at the end when her mother is about to die, it gets very deep and I often felt quit sorry for her when reading certain parts of the book. I can deffinetaly recommend the book to everyone who knows her.

I bought a few smaller books and a normal sized one a few weeks ago. My next book I'm going trought is by the author called Janosh. He is a German author known for many centuries already, by his stories. I saw them as cartoon when I was little so when I got the first smaller book of his work last year, I decided to get more when I saw them in store this year. Janosh is mostly known for stories around a little bear. In one of the stories the bear is living in a house with a tiny tiger and the tiger dreams of going on vacations and her biggest wish was to see Panama oneday, so the bear decided, since he loves the tiger a lot, to go on vacations with her to find Panama. He has also a few other characters that are quit iconic in Germany.

The books sized very little, so I might finish them in a day or 2. The other one I need to read is ba Haruki Murakami. Since I read a few of his book before I decided to read another one of him.

Ah I think I need to read her book too. A lot of people can probably relate to her story to some degree.

Oooh you just awoke a childhood memory in me :holding-back-tears: I do know Janosch! They had the little "Tigerente" with them, right?

I have never read anything by Haruki Murakami, it always seemed so intimidating, but I should just take the plunge.

• Oooh you just awoke a childhood memory in me :holding-back-tears: I do know Janosch! They had the little "Tigerente" with them, right?

Yep, it's also the title of a game show that run on TV for 30 years or so where primary school kids compete against eachother

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!