The NewJeans dominance continues. They have the Japan Billboard Hot 100 looking like a replica of the Korean charts

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ditto also just tied Feel Special for the second most weeks ever on the Japan Billboard Hot 100

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It will certainly break the tie to stand alone in second place next week.

But wait, there's more, Bunnies. The covers NewJeans did at their fanmeeting in the Tokyo Dome (2 nights sold out with the fanclub presale) went so viral that the songs by the original artists are charting in Korea

Screenshot 2024-07-03 175956

External Content twitter.com

Meanwhile Supernatural has continued to rise up the Korean charts, despite the fact NewJeans haven't promoted it anywhere but Japan

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

And despite all the transparent concern trolling and vapid doomposting, NewJeans remain the most dominant artist on said Korean charts

External Content x.com

And the story isn't much different on Spotify

External Content x.com

And on Spotify Japan, the total numbers this year aren't even close:

And this remains one of the biggest flexes in the literal history of the Korean charts

External Content x.com

And NewJeans did it with a J-Pop single they haven't promoted in Korea and literally can't broadcast in Korea (due to the Japanese), hence why there is a Korean version floating out there.

While terminally online haters are trying their hardest to convince themselves that we're not living in NewJeans' world right now, they're in Japan being treated like the global superstars they are.

And the Bunnies went wild

External Content x.com

To the haters, I say that THIS is what I mean by being in a class of your own.

And more importantly, to BunniesTaglist , the next time someone claims NewJeans "flopped", just know they live in a delusional fantasy world fueled by copium and jealousy and laugh at them. It doesn't deserve our energy any longer.

NewJeans KILLED it again this comeback era.

#NewJeans_Is_Everywhere

#NewJeansNeverDies

:meme-cheers:

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “NewJeans has the Japan Billboard Hot 100 looking like a replica of the Korean charts” to “The NewJeans dominance continues. They have the Japan Billboard Hot 100 looking like a replica of the Korean charts”.
  • Isn’t it incredible how some of their performances are still making the air waves a week after the concert? NJ srsly have japan in a chokehold atm. I can’t even fathom what it’d be like when they officially go on tour. In Australia they have a stadium that can house 110k and is only reserved for the likes of taylor swift & ed sheeran. Considering it’s hanni & dani’s motherbase and how popular they are there, we could be seeing an all time record for a kpop attendance

• Isn’t it incredible how some of their performances are still making the air waves a week after the concert? NJ srsly have japan in a chokehold atm. I can’t even fathom what it’d be like when they officially go on tour. In Australia they have a stadium that can house 110k and is only reserved for the likes of taylor swift & ed sheeran. Considering it’s hanni & dani’s motherbase and how popular they are there, we could be seeing an all time record for a kpop attendance

Honestly their official debut in Japan could not have been scripted or executed any better.

The words you used are perfect. Japan is in a chokehold right now and so down bad for NewJeans it's not even funny. In a couple days, Hanni and Hyein will be performing two of those viral performances on national broadcast.

This is kind of a tangent, but I've also been pondering something lately. Has ADOR really made an effort to promote in the West yet? I mean really made an effort. The answer is "no", so can you imagine if they approached it with the same meticulous attention to detail and creativity that they did with Japan? I think that's up next, leading into their world tour.

• Honestly their official debut in Japan could not have been scripted or executed any better.

The words you used are perfect. Japan is in a chokehold right now and so down bad for NewJeans it's not even funny. In a couple days, Hanni and Hyein will be performing two of those viral performances on national broadcast.

This is kind of a tangent, but I've also been pondering something lately. Has ADOR really made an effort to promote in the West yet? I mean really made an effort. The answer is "no", so can you imagine if they approached it with the same meticulous attention to detail and creativity that they did with Japan? I think that's up next, leading into their world tour.

i don't think hybe allowed them to properly promote in the west. actually they even probably stole some deals.

they're dead on at elimiating or sabotaging any potentoal rival to bts whom they worship as gods.

• External Content x.com

newjeans' little sisters also doing good there

• Honestly their official debut in Japan could not have been scripted or executed any better.

You’re right, they definitely haven’t to the extent of LSF or even NMIXX who’s already performed on American morning show, and let’s not forget that embarrassment of an effort from IVE and their saweetie collab 😂. MHJ is a genius and is always two steps ahead so I wouldn’t doubt her for a sec. If NewJeans can pull 70k on a hot sunny day in Chicago - imagine the scenes in NY or LA

• i don't think hybe allowed them to properly promote in the west. actually they even probably stole some deals.

they're dead on at elimiating or sabotaging any potentoal rival to bts whom they worship as gods.

You’re spot on! Altho when we say the west - NewJeans is actually more popular than anyone else in Australia & Canada, as for America as popular as BTS is there - it’s all legacy fans since most members are in their 30s and that simply isn’t gonna draw in the new generation of adolescents/young adults

• External Content x.com

newjeans' little sisters also doing good there

Just like cupid, you have a song that’s more popular than the group itself. Fine in tiktok land, not so much in kpop stratosphere

• You’re right, they definitely haven’t to the extent of LSF or even NMIXX who’s already performed on American morning show, and let’s not forget that embarrassment of an effort from IVE and their saweetie collab 😂. MHJ is a genius and is always two steps ahead so I wouldn’t doubt her for a sec. If NewJeans can pull 70k on a hot sunny day in Chicago - imagine the scenes in NY or LA

NJs performed on the New Years countdown show this year iirc. I think performing at LoL Worlds probably helped in the west too since its pretty popular in NA.

• NJs performed on the New Years countdown show this year iirc. I think performing at LoL Worlds probably helped in the west too since its pretty popular in NA.

Billboard Music Awards

Billboard Women in Music

Lollapalooza

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve

Those are the major U.S. schedules they had, and they were only actually in the U.S. for two of them (Lolla and BB WiM)

That was all just from their overall impact on the pop world as a whole, since NewJeans somewhat transcended the traditional boundaries of K-Pop so much faster than any group we've ever seen.

You can't exactly NOT pay attention to an act that outsells the Barbie OST and gets a Billboard #1 best-selling album in the U.S., which was something only BLACKPINK had done at the time.

When ADOR decides to actively tackle and challenge the western market aggressively, I think we will all realize that what we've seen so far has only been the tip of a very big iceberg.

• Just like cupid, you have a song that’s more popular than the group itself. Fine in tiktok land, not so much in kpop stratosphere

Who even listens to that song anyway, as of lately specially?

For some, it was fun maybe for 2 weeks :rolleyes:.

The singing and the production is terrible, boring and forgetable at best, it ruined the whole song.

At last Cupid and Ditto were really good songs...

Also Magnetic behaves very strangely on the charts. It barely ever moves like it was frozen or smth, in contrary to other songs. Even on spotify it behaved like that for months... 🤨.

• Autoplay has to do a lot with its charting, remember when it first release ppl were posting vids of Spotify automatically playing magnetic? It was so egregious even Spotify made a statement saying they were “testing” a new algorithm 😂🤣

• Ah yes I forgot about billboard, my friend was quite disappointed to see it was pre-recorded. It seems a lot of people are underestimating NJs popularity in the west when they are actually already quite big here. I say this because in an earlier thread people were suggesting their concert sales might be similar to IVE in the west but that just seems wrong to me. Plenty of my friends who know nothing about k-pop know who new jeans are, similarly to how people know blackpink. But I don't think I could say the same for IVE.

• Ah yes I forgot about billboard, my friend was quite disappointed to see it was pre-recorded. It seems a lot of people are underestimating NJs popularity in the west when they are actually already quite big here. I say this because in an earlier thread people were suggesting their concert sales might be similar to IVE in the west but that just seems wrong to me. Plenty of my friends who know nothing about k-pop know who new jeans are, similarly to how people know blackpink. But I don't think I could say the same for IVE.

NewJeans getting the #1 album in the United States, against the Barbie OST, which was a summer blockbuster movie with a bunch of household names recording songs for it, should've been the mic drop accomplishment for their popularity here.

And they did it the same week they turned Lollapalooza into a 70k strong NewJeans fanmeeting for 45 minutes.

The fact they got two stages on Dick Clark's New Year's Eve should've erased any remaining doubt. That is an iconic program in the U.S., with millions of Americans tuning in every year, and it is generally headlined by some of the biggest and hottest acts in music.

NewJeans haven't scratched the surface of their potential here.

• Autoplay has to do a lot with its charting, remember when it first release ppl were posting vids of Spotify automatically playing magnetic? It was so egregious even Spotify made a statement saying they were “testing” a new algorithm 😂🤣

It's also doing super good on Apple music where there is no playlisting or any tricks

Lots of people still say the song is addictive. Look at the comments from Koreans and Ifans.

ILLIT’s ‘Magnetic’ outperforms NewJeans’ ‘Supernatural’ on Japanese music chart; netizens react
    This week on Japan’s Apple Music Chart, the reveal of the top rankings made some waves among K-pop fans. It was discovered that ILLIT’s …
    www.allkpop.com

• The fact they got two stages on Dick Clark's New Year's Eve should've erased any remaining doubt. That is an iconic program in the U.S., with millions of Americans tuning in every year, and it is generally headlined by some of the biggest and hottest acts in music.

I did enjoy having my friends, who are about the furthest things ever from being kpop fans, being forced to watch an Eta and Super Shy performance.

• It's also doing super good on Apple music where there is no playlisting or any tricks

Lots of people still say the song is addictive. Look at the comments from Koreans and Ifans.

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…usic-chart-netizens-react

For now, the song is bigger than the group.

Nobody is obsessing over ILLIT the way they did when NewJeans debuted.

Unfortunately the ceiling and max potential for ILLIT is to be the Kobe to NJ's Jordan. They can still be great, but not quite to the level of the original.

ILLIT has one song doing well in Japan.

NewJeans are charting their entire discography's title tracks.

• in korea they dont have a big chance to get to nj level especially after the mhj incident but this thread is about japan so im just speaking on that. illit is doing so well there i don't think its just the song. japans favorite nj song never did as well in japan hot 100, spotify or apple music. magnetic has been on hot100 top 10 this whole time up until now. i think they can be japans favourite korean girl group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!