What are the 10 biggest/most popular 4th generation songs?

• Do you agree with my rankings? 5

1. No (3) 60%
    2. Yes (2) 40%

I thought about specifying to girl groups, but then I realized it was redundant because the girls are running this generation anyways.

Anyways, here's my list. I may have made this thread before, but I think it's time to re-assess. I'll start from most popular to least popular.

1. Hype Boy

2. Ditto

3. Cupid

4. Super Shy

5. Love Dive

6. I Am

7. Attention

8. ETA

9. After Like

10. Next Level

Honorable Mention: OMG, Queencard, Dalla Dalla

Hype Boy and Ditto are self-explanatory. Instant classics and they both hold records we may never see broken again. I have revised the list to now include Cupid. It was historic in the West. It was a mid level hit in Korea. Enough for top 3. Not enough for my top spot.

Super Shy wasn't quite as potent domestically, but it still had the most days at #1, and more importantly, it destroyed in the U.S., spending 8 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and logging stupid Spotify numbers.

Love Dive and I Am have to come up next. They're basically slightly less juiced up versions of Hype Boy (longevity) and Ditto (peak).

6-8 were hard for me, but ultimately I used longevity and impact to make my decision here. Not to mention the raw numbers favor Attention over ETA and After Like.

Case in point:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Next Level was the biggest pre-IVE and pre-NJ hit. It's the third biggest song since Circle's inception, after Hype Boy and Love Dive. Its peak numbers aren't fantastic, but it's cumulative numbers and longevity remain impressive. It gets credit for being the first monster 4th gen song.

And then Queencard. Often disrespected and forgotten about, even though it battled ferociously with I Am and Super Shy, and it even pulled ahead of both on YT South Korea. It was a monster song that was overshadowed by two bigger monster songs higher up on my list, but it deserves a top 10 spot.

That's my list. Post yours.

• love dive is the kpop song of the decade

what is even a hype boy? by the time hype boy is 10 yrs in even min hee jin nim will find it to old

but love dive? love doesnt go out of style. you fall in love, you dive into love you are in love and you are loved!

• Actually the biggest 4th gen song is Cupid even if the others have Korean charts by the neck... Cupid had the whole sns and even made to the BB with the power of the song alone with no big company or big fandom helping them. It is the biggest song imo.

If we ignore how viral Cupid was then I guess we can go by your list, but honestly I have no idea about 4th gen numbers..

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Actually the biggest 4th gen song is Cupid even if the others have Korean charts by the neck... Cupid had the whole sns and even made to the BB with the power of the song alone with no big company or big fandom helping them. It is the biggest song imo.

If we ignore how viral Cupid was then I guess we can go by your list, but honestly I have no idea about 4th gen numbers..

Dammit Damn GIF - Dammit Damn Damn It GIFs

• Don't really have a definitive ranking but No.1 is without a doubt Cupid. You know that a list is already invalid when they didn't put Cupid as No.1.

Following would be Next Level, Love Dive and Hybe Boy in no particular order

I would also include I AM, Tomboy, Ditto, Super Shy, Dalla Dalla, Wannabe in no particular order. I know y'all count ITZY out due to recency bias but Dalla Dalla and Wannabe were huge

• Don't really have a definitive ranking but No.1 is without a doubt Cupid. You know that a list is already invalid when they didn't put Cupid as No.1.

Following would be Next Level, Love Dive and Hybe Boy in no particular order

I would also include I AM, Tomboy, Ditto, Super Shy, Dalla Dalla, Wannabe in no particular order. I know y'all count ITZY out due to recency bias but Dalla Dalla and Wannabe were huge

I have made an adjustment after some careful consideration.

I will not put Cupid No. 1, because as big as it was in the U.S., it wasn't a huge hit in Korea or Japan for that matter.

All the biggest hit songs on my list are still charting like they released this year, whereas I'm not sure where Cupid is, but it's not in the top 100 and hasn't been for a while.

Longevity has to matter.

• "The biggest hit of the 4th gen is not the biggest hit because it didn't charted that much in the irrelevant korean market despite being a hit worldwide"

Sometimes your idiocy surpass your own limits, the fact that you can't live with the fact cupid is way bigger than any newjeans song is the mere reason all of us call you a success stan, clown.

• "The biggest hit of the 4th gen is not the biggest hit because it didn't charted that much in the irrelevant korean market despite being a hit worldwide"

Sometimes your idiocy surpass your own limits, the fact that you can't live with the fact cupid is way bigger than any newjeans song is the mere reason all of us call you a success stan, clown.

Go ahead and have all the members of Twice publicly announce that the Korean market is irrelevant and see how fast their careers die. Well, what's left of them there :meme-kek:

No, I will not rank Cupid above a song that is still in the top 20 after two years, and is the biggest song in the history of Circle, spent 51 weeks in the Melon Top 10, is the most streamed 4th gen song in MelOn history and will go down as, at worst, a top 3 hit song in the history of girl groups.

Probably Top 2 with Gee, when it's all said and done.

Now stop quoting me, you simpleton. You have nothing intelligent or interesting to say, and you bore me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!