What are the 10 biggest/most popular 4th generation songs?

• Cupid who was a hit worldwide is no bigger than a song who did better in a local market that is like 10 times smaller than the US market where cupid kill it... your logic is so dumb that is sad, you just made a thread where everybody can remember you that cupid will be bigger than anything newjeans released, you simply are such a clown that at no point making this garbage list you considered cupid at all and set up yourself in the process, just embarrassing.

• Cupid who was a hit worldwide is no bigger than a song who did better in a local market that is like 10 times smaller than the US market where cupid kill it... your logic is so dumb that is sad, you just made a thread where everybody can remember you that cupid will be bigger than anything newjeans released, you simply are such a clown that at no point making this garbage list you considered cupid at all and set up yourself in the process, just embarrassing.

Black Man Staring Chef_oli Gif GIF - Black Man Staring Chef_oli Gif Man Turning Page Disinterested GIFs

• In no particular order:

Tomboy

Next Level

After LIKE

LOVE DIVE

Hype Boy

Attention

Ditto

Cupid

OMG

I AM

Any song with over 1 billion digital points is here (Tomboy, Next Level, After LIKE, Attention, Hype Boy, LOVE DIVE). Ditto broke charting records in Korea and will hit 1B points next week, so that's automatically making it. Cupid is easily one of the biggest Kpop songs EVER internationally, and not just in terms of Spotify; I'm talking certifications in other countries.

Now those last 2 spots were tricky.

I ultimately decided on OMG since it's closing in 700M spotify streams and is certified platinum in Korea. I AM was my last pick since it's still in the top 30 of Melon after more than a year which is insane; only a handful of songs, idol group or not, have been able to do that. It's also done pretty well on Spotify.

Honorable mentions: Queencard, Super Shy, Dalla Dalla, ELEVEN, FEARLESS, ANTIFRAGILE

I disagree with ETA being on your list because it's frankly an average hit for NewJeans (which is still massive but not as big as their debut or Ditto/OMG). Super Shy and Queencard probably have the closest chance of making this list in the future, especially Super Shy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I put ETA on my list because it was a victim of NewJeans' suffering from success like they do with all their albums, where the only reason one NewJeans song didn't hit certain peaks is because another NewJeans song was blocking it. ETA was overshadowed by Super Shy during their peaks, but if look at both songs the past month at least, ETA has been actually charting above both I Am and Super Shy on the daily charts.

But I can see why you might want to boot it from the list. It did chart on the Hot 100, but it didn't stick as long as Super Shy's 8 weeks, tied with Ice Cream by BLACKPINK for the 2nd longest run ever. And as I said earlier, domestically Super Shy was more impressive.

But ETA was sitting at #2 for a long time, and is currently charting higher than all the other songs released around that time, even Super Shy.

That was my reasoning, although I haven't taken a deep dive into the numbers, and my opinion could change when I do.

Honestly weighing historic achievements on the traditional Korean charts vs. achievements on Billboard is a difficult balancing act, because there is no universal standard or objective criteria for doing so.

Cupid could easily be #1 for the people who think Billboard or Spotify is all that matters. But someone who still really values the Korean charts wouldn't be blown away by Cupid at all.

• Honestly, the top 10 is so ironclad in my mind. But I also have to recognize that 7/10 songs on my list are from 2021-2022. The most recent release on that list is I AM (April 2023). Super Shy & ETA aren't even a year old yet. Those two and Queencard need another year or so for me to accurately judge their historical standings.

I do think that every song I listed, even the ones in honorable mentions, are genuine hits. But breaking into that top 10 is difficult when you look at what they're up against.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!