Aren't new jeans just a mid group?

• Are newjeans mid? 34

1. Nah they iconic (21) 62%
    2. Yeah they mid (13) 38%

Lsfm is actually way better musically. I mean there's nothing great about super shy or eta. I actually think God's is one of their better songs.

Attention ditto is nice and I suppose hype boy is alright. But aren't they just mid? I can't be the only one thinking that right?

Lsfm have perfect night and antifragile and thousands times better b sides. Why are we all acting like they're the best thing since sliced bread. Getting too caught up in the hype. (Boy)

• MHJ gets all the hype for creative vision and direction, but the recent release wasn't all that.

LSF recent songs like PN, Easy, Smart were all great bops, but these releases got affected, right now. I hope they come back stronger from the current ongoing hate train.

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• Everyone is different. My favourite artists (Lamp, Ichiko Aoba, Serani Poji, Frenesí, Minuano) (Basically Japanese Indie/Shibuya-Kei) all make very chill, calm musik that a typical Kpop stan would call boring asf. I like NJ music, it conveys art and emotion, and NewJeans as a group sells the fantasy of 5 teen girls being best friends and doing teenager things, which I personally prefer over any other groups image.

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Everyone is different. My favourite artists (Lamp, Ichiko Aoba, Serani Poji, Frenesí, Minuano) (Basically Japanese Indie/Shibuya-Kei) all make very chill, calm musik that a typical Kpop stan would call boring asf. I like NJ music, it conveys art and emotion, and NewJeans as a group sells the fantasy of 5 teen girls being best friends and doing teenager things, which I personally prefer over any other groups image.

Probably resonates with you. But as a man in his late 20s outside of some decent melodies nothing special about them

• NJs songs were top class and superior to other groups by miles. But now, we know they are all plagiarized, so I have to re-think how I really feel about them. They are top class plagiarized songs I guess.

Magnetic is a top class song.

All other group's songs are average or good but not great. Lsf has a lot of good b sides. Most other groups b sides are crap.

I think the biggest danger now is BM. Sesssh is a 4/10 crap song, but it did really well on Spotify.

• Without her new jeans are literally a nugu group they owe 95% of their success to her. They can't even hit high notes.

I think NJ can do even better with Hybe/Ador new direction. This is the problem with stans attributing everything to MHJ, and now, everyone afraid that they can't thrive without her.

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• MHJ gets all the hype for creative vision and direction, but the recent release wasn't all that.

LSF recent songs like PN, Easy, Smart were all great bops, but these releases got affected, right now. I hope they come back stronger from the current ongoing hate train.

I think Le Sserafim should have gone its own way. Encore damaged their image a little bit, but at least the girls were singing songs with strong concepts more enthusiastically. I haven't liked their style since Perfect Night. I loved their songs with strong concepts such as Unforgiven, Antifragile and Eve psyche. :thumbup:

About Newjeans i think their success shows just the opposite. Some people may not like their music, but they are really in a very different style. Their music brings a feeling of nostalgia and a flood of emotions.

• I think Le Sserafim should have gone its own way. Encore damaged their image a little bit, but at least the girls were singing songs with strong concepts more enthusiastically. I haven't liked their style since Perfect Night. I loved their songs with strong concepts such as Unforgiven, Antifragile and Eve psyche. :thumbup:

About Newjeans i think their success shows just the opposite. Some people may not like their music, but they are really in a very different style. Their music brings a feeling of nostalgia and a flood of emotions.

Eye psych is one of the best gg songs of all time. New jeans could never

• In totality they are so young that composers haven't taken any risks yet, musically they can have personality but then it would become a fandom specific group like most kpop groups.

They focus on mass population as their target audience with nostalgic 90's vibe and cute girls doing cute things in the music video.

Maybe within a year we see their own style of songs which won't be mid in your views.

• kpop fans think every group needs to have a insane flashy concept to be interesting or above mediocrity. New Jeans concept is simplicity and youth, the days where your life seemed so simple. It's not supposed to be something so interesting and extravagant like lesserafims concepts, which are honestly quite repetitive and boring to me since we've seen so many groups do concepts with religious imagery and dark imagery.

The reason new jeans do so well in the west is because they are easy to digest and the members are easy to get to know. They do have personalities, you just aren't content with groups that are more mellow. You don't need to take risks as a musician if you know what works for you. That is why they are so successful, even above lesserafim. New Jeans don't have to change their core identity to get easy clicks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!