How did YG fail so bad.

• BTS has been able to create HYBE from scratch, currently the biggest kpop company in Korea.

YG a established company had a run of Big Bang/2ne1 and then Blackpink. I'd say globally based on feelings pulled out of my arse, Blackpink were at least as popular as BTS matching/exceeding in endorsement income and several world tours. You'd think they will have similar amount of funds to HYBE or at worst slightly less.

But somehow YG is the smallest company out of the Big 4 and selling their drama production company, where did all the money go? Did YHS just pocket all the funds himself?

• YG was involved in a lot of scandals. I would say the Burning Sun scandal ruined any good reputation they had. At this point it’s kinda hard to be associated with YG.

Also their biggest Acts like BigBang and 2ne1 are no more (well BB hasn’t officially disbanded yet, but most members aren’t in YG anymore).

Also YG failed in managing his groups right. They fumbled hard with iKon. After Love Scenario they should have milked the popularity and attention they got, but instead shipped them to Japan for a year. When they got back the hype was gone. They too left the company. Same with Winner.

I don’t even wanna start with BP.

To make it short… YG did a lot of bad financial decisions and had scandals that they never really recovered from .

• I'd say globally based on feelings pulled out of my arse, Blackpink were at least as popular as BTS matching/exceeding in endorsement income and several world tours.

Not really tbt... BTS had demand in the west even before Blackpink debuted. And by the time Blackpink actually became relevant in the west, BTS had brought new people into kpop. Since Blackpink were the first group to follow BTS and had the backing of kpop fans unlike BTS, it might have "felt" like they are just as popular. But there was always big difference not just in terms of demand but also popularity between the two from the start. I mean there's a reason why Blackpink still haven't done BTS 2018 numbers in music sales...

• why does anyone care how big or small a kpop company is? or how successful they are?

I couldn't give two shits about YGE or JYPE or SME or Hybe E - I care for the idols themselves...

speaking of YGE and BP - the members themselves seem very happy - they are very successful as a group and in their own right - what more do you want?

• scandals and poor marketing. At one point they were known for their idols being caught in scandals more than anything else (typically drug scandals too), and they also don't promote groups that well. Luckily Baby Monster got some promotion, but I truly think YG expected them to blow up with no promotion whatsoever despite the competitive gg scene rn.

• BTS has been able to create HYBE from scratch, currently the biggest kpop company in Korea.

YG a established company had a run of Big Bang/2ne1 and then Blackpink. I'd say globally based on feelings pulled out of my arse, Blackpink were at least as popular as BTS matching/exceeding in endorsement income and several world tours. You'd think they will have similar amount of funds to HYBE or at worst slightly less.

But somehow YG is the smallest company out of the Big 4 and selling their drama production company, where did all the money go? Did YHS just pocket all the funds himself?

Hiring prostitutes most be expensive.

• YG are the worst company out of big3/Hybe in terms of marketing and creativity. They had no clue to advertise their idol especially post BB/2NE1 eras.

All of their idol are failed to expect to the BB standard, except BP. Somehow after Hiatus their fanbase keep growing instead.

Deadass i thought BM gonna straight flop after that ass recycle BP music they release. They got lucky BM somehow got a little success recently aside that YouTube ads achievement. Comparing to illit/Nj debut popularity rn BM is just nugu.

• BTS have brought in so much more money to Hybe that you can't even compare it to YGE. And the money from BTS have Hybe use to buy up other comapnies to get big. So, Hybe got very lucky with BTS and after that bought their success. I would say companies like SME and YGE deserve more credit than Hybe.

Basically yes

Everything went into the pockets of YHS and his younger brother, who was more educated and ran the operations there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!