No one has asked this question - how would BTS feel when they learn that Min Heejin would make much more money than them?

• I compared BTS vs IU war as Napoleon vs Wellington, but unlike 1815, BTS are vassals of Bang Sihyuk, while IU was a sovereign 2020-2022 and still has a huge input on running her own activities.

I have written extensively that it was FOOLISH for Bang to send at least the younger members to the military that early. If necessary he should have just run the tours with the younger four, to nip Taylor Swift's comeback attempt at the bud.

Taylor Swift's fortune by source of income 2023 | Statista
    According to an analysis from 2023, Taylor Swift has become a billionaire after making approximately 370 million U.S.
    www.statista.com

Taylor Swift has earned about $300-400 mil from her concerts alone last year, not counting any other income.

BTS' nemesis is expected to clear at least $25-30 mil from her world tour this year, probably more.

And, assuming that Min Heejin's case will end up with some kind of settlement, she will collect 100 billion won, or about $75 mil, from Hybe.

After conquering the entire world, they are still poorer than IU, who did NOT leave Korea until this year, and now they are going to be poorer than Min Heejin.

Whatever they might earn post-release is irrelevant. Taylor Swift will get richer, Lee Jieun will get richer, and Min Heejin will get her investment since there are quite a few people who are willing to bet big bucks on her.

Since MHJ was rather liberal on showering money to New Jeans members, it might have been possible that NJ members would have gotten richer than BTS members if this mess did not occur!

No matter what BTS might do from now, the singer who earned most in singing in the entire history of Korea will be IU. (Lim Youngwoong is still under the control of his company, who only has him, so a lot of his earnings are pocketed by his owner, a common practice in trot.)

That might be the greatest irony of the history of entire KPop where a domesticist becomes the singer who earned the most.

• BTS still by far earns the most money for Hybe but and I mean no disrespect to BTS but

NJ have earned more in their first two years than BTS did in their first two years correct?

Well, according what army told me about BTS beginning. They were living in the streets and the music was made with trash cans and stick brooms. So yeah, NJ earned more.

• BTS still by far earns the most money for Hybe but and I mean no disrespect to BTS but

NJ have earned more in their first two years than BTS did in their first two years correct?

I watched intro to BTS video, they sold 1300 something album for their first release and were not even allowed to perform in the show or were cut off mid performance.

I can't understand how nj who for better or worse have a golden/diamond spoon with best in class treatment, producers, songwriter and directors compare to poor emo lads of BTS that time.

Just to be clear, i am not defending BTS and why should I even, I am just saying the scale of production is different, seems like sarcasm.

• I watched intro to BTS video, they sold 1300 something album for their first release and were not even allowed to perform in the show or were cut off mid performance.

I can't understand how nj who for better or worse have a golden/diamond spoon with best in class treatment, producers, songwriter and directors compare to poor emo lads of BTS that time.

I understand what BTS went though in their earlier days and I can respect them for that but

the issue I was trying to raise is that NJ still outearned them in that first couple of years and that's why maybe in their (and MHJ's ) contracts they got a lot more money

• I understand what BTS went though in their earlier days and I can respect them for that but

the issue I was trying to raise is that NJ still outearned them in that first couple of years and that's why maybe in their (and MHJ's ) contracts they got a lot more money

I was not placing argument for BTS and definitely not against nj, but if you remove the background details and solely focus on time-sale graph ofc nj sold more in two years, but realistically their director already threw them in hot waters before they could mentally become used to kpop World. Nj on their own (the girls not the franchise) will have harder time now regardless of what happens next. It was nothing to do with them in the first place. And cost of Korean sympathy comes with 10 times harder scrutiny in future so they're in a lot of problems (nj the girls not the franchise).

• I was not placing argument for BTS and definitely not against nj, but if you remove the background details and solely focus on time-sale graph ofc nj sold more in two years, but realistically their director already threw them in hot waters before they could mentally become used to kpop World. Nj on their own (the girls not the franchise) will have harder time now regardless of what happens next. It was nothing to do with them in the first place. And cost of Korean sympathy comes with 10 times harder scrutiny in future so they're in a lot of problems (nj the girls not the franchise).

but isn't that the life of every rookie kpop idol?

I mean sure they can have PR training and learn about media and stuff like that but at the end of the every kpop group that debuts has to face the public and all the pressure that comes with being a celebrity no?

and obviously the bigger you rise the more scrutiny one faces...even more so when you get as big and successful as NJ

and of course it's going to be harder in the future and even right now since literally the entire kpop world's eyes are focused on the battle between Hybe/BSH and MHJ/Ador and them since they are the prize to be "won" so to speak...

and I really hope that they have someone (parents???) to stand by them to offer them support and to seek additional support whether it be financial, legal, mental and physical health etc etc

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes but lets consider the different situations:

New Jeans debuted when kpop was already big, under HYBE with later big marketing and brand deals

BTS debted in a relatively small company at the time & were often looked down on

that being said, I don't know the numbers of rookie BTS and am only saying what I think

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love B. Dylan so much

He's hilarious

• I absolutely agree

but I'm just trying to explain why NJ and MHJ might have been paid more during their first two years...

now if one were to argue from a return on investment pov that might be very different...

NJ have earned more in their first two years than BTS did in their first two years corre

That is correct

BTS were nobodies for the first couple years of their existence

External Content youtu.be

That led to this meeting, and from that time the person who would later own Edam Entertainment has got to treat BTS as nobodies, even after they had conquered the world. She knew how BTS began so she did not fear them, probably the only singer in the entire world to hold that stance in 2021.

• It will be quite hard to treat the NJ members post MHJ phase. MHJ is going out no matter what, since otherwise Hybe cannot continue, but since the members and the parents are so tied to MHJ, they will have a very hard time.

• It will be quite hard to treat the NJ members post MHJ phase. MHJ is going out no matter what, since otherwise Hybe cannot continue, but since the members and the parents are so tied to MHJ, they will have a very hard time.

like Darwin said

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!