[theqoo] THINGS THAT GET OCCASIONALLY MENTIONED BY KPOP FANS OVERSEAS LATELY

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"I miss KPOP-sounding songs"

K-pop also has a variety of genres, so it is difficult to say for certain what its characteristic color is However, the common opinion is that right now, they all sound like those mass-produced Billboard-esque pop songs and only have lyrics in Korean, making them less interesting.

This isn't only a phenomenon in Korea but even international fans are now saying that they want previous generations' songs to come back and when they listen to those songs, they would go "wow that's f*cking good"

original post: here

1. Koreans miss it too ㅠ

2. That's true ㅋㅋㅋ I'm getting so tired of those "easy to listen" songs ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I miss the nostalgic feel when we actually had over the top main vocals

3. First of all, the English in the songs are getting too severe..

4. Can we stop releasing songs that sounds like international pop songs...

5. This is the exact reason why I'm growing fond of Kiss of Life lately

6. I find those 'easy to listen' songs so boring

7. I seriously don't understand why we're using English lyrics///

8. I miss the powerful main vocals...

9. That's why we're welcoming groups like IVE and ONF

10. IVE, we love you and ONF, thank you too

Tags

• True dat

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is nonsense. Companies keep releasing these songs because people keep consuming them en masse. As always, it's on the consumer to vote with their wallet, or in this case, their streams.

Before easy listening was the trend, it was all about girl crush, and people said the same things back then.

Before girl crush, it was all about House and EDM inspired songs, and people got tired of that.

There will be a shift to another trend at some point. Probably something that trended before. It always happens.

• Here is a Kpop sounding sound

External Content youtu.be

• we need more of this

3a7889b5804012f8c61bd69bb6da583cfd205c03.gifv

bb7fdf79c941585e1e96429052cd06c511597a8e.gif

External Content www.youtube.com

• Well... ironically some of the 2nd gen kpop songs from like a decade ago were made by Western composers.

And some were even remakes of songs by Western artists.

Like these ones:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!