With Idols getting dragged for their live vocals recently… Should music shows remove Encores ?

• No lol why remove something that's not even the issue here, what will be next? Stop music festivals?

Agencies need to spend some dime and time on the vocal training instead.

• They should just bring back positions so we can give a pass to dancers/rapper/visuals doing bad vocals in encores.

True.

Back in the day nobody cared if someone who had the position of the dancer or rapper couldn’t sing. Like there are many first and second gen groups with members who couldn’t hold a note, but nobody cared because that wasn’t their position to do so.

Now we don’t really have positions except of “main rapper”. Groups are promoted as Allrounders so people also expect that.

• no because that's how we can appreciate idols raw vocals ( I'm not saying it in a negative way) but genuinely appreciate their voices since we always focus on dancing and performance only. Most of the time the encore is the way to show they can really sing since music shows usually use backing track or even lip-synch

Well there are radio shows or unplugged shows where you could do that. In these cases you actually prepare to sing live.

• or think you’re running away because you got no talent.

I mean, id rather let people assume something about me is true instead of going out and proving it myself :pepe-shrug:

I wouldn't be surprised if encores also start doing heavy AR in the next few years and its disappointing that a few are ruining it everyone else. Why are we bending over backwards and making accommodations for singers to go on stage knowing they can't sing?

If a group can't do even one song live, just do thr lipsynced performance and go home. Yes, it's embarrassing, because they should embarrassed

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

6132d756b0e360d7f0e2a150433f78a825286b3e.webp

• Well there are radio shows or unplugged shows where you could do that. In these cases you actually prepare to sing live.

not all radio shows are live singing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not all radio shows are live singing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lip syncing on radio shows is crazy to me. I can understand at concerts for a few songs especially with heavy choreography (even here I prefer if they perform with backtrack instead of complete lip syncing)… but radio show ?

• Lip syncing on radio shows is crazy to me. I can understand at concerts for a few songs especially with heavy choreography (even here I prefer if they perform with backtrack instead of complete lip syncing)… but radio show ?

because labels know they can get away with it

• this is my take on encore , u cannot possible based an idol's vocal capability purely on music show encores esp since it used to be fun and shldnt be taken seriously. its like believing mr remove is real. i think there is just this unusual media coverage over hating on hybe. makes me wonder if kakao media owned co is behind it. 😂. so much knetz this & that snd yet their songs are thriving in kcharts- illit, le ssera, tws. Anyways, bear in mind idols basically do music shows for free -- they shld not take so much effort tbh esp they usually lack sleep and not every grp promote as much as the others. there are many other activities that u can measure someone's vocal ability -- they do it in wv live or wtv medium they use. u can also check concerts when idols sang a cappela. or even some other guestings. u cannot just pt out music show encores as if its the only way to measure their ability😂

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• there is a reason why those old idols never made it globally. bec kpop is abt having charisma first. then have some decent talent. thats it. kpop in the past while more talented cant really compete with western talent not even in other asian country bec no one really is spectacular both in talent, visual and performance wise. 3rd gen changed that- they brought kpop to have bigger audience globally. the only advantage kpop is more likeable now is bec they focus more in performance and looking good 😂

never understood why people glorify old kpop- 2nd gen & 1st gen . they are not appealing globally

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• Surgeries take long time to recover

this isnt shade to lsfm its shade to the industry in general. Ik it probably sounded bad ;( but that wasnt my intention. I just meant that companies will have their idols go through surgery before investing in vocal lessons

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!