Do you think that young people are less intelligent nowadays?

• Or is it just something that an old grumpy grandpa, who probably is like "everything was better back in my days", would say?

By the way, I remember a decade ago when I went to a school and had to do an essay in Danish and one of the things that I could write an essay about was an article saying something like "young people nowadays are so unintelligent", and I remember feeling defensive like "that's not true". (I think I did write that essay, but I don't think I expressed why I thought otherwise. I can't remember what I wrote in that essay.)

So the thing about people saying these kinds of things is nothing new.

Reminds me also of when I was watching videos recorded in the 60's and the comments were talking about how people had better vocabulary, expressed themselves eloquently and also how they wish people were still this articulate.

I have a feeling that people would blame bad education in school and the internet (especially TikTok) for making young people less intelligent.

I know that my country has often talked about how pupils in my country fail in PISA tests. (I think it was also like this, when I was younger. And I actually wasn't doing the test because I think my teachers were concerned that I would not finish the test in time or something.)

The article that I was supposed to write an essay about di also say something like "Don't trust people under the age of 30." (because the writer of the article found those people unintelligent)

I am under the age of 30, but I have been told that I'm a smart person. (or at least, I often win in that one quiz game that I have played with some people)

But maybe I'm unintelligent because I had kinda bad grades in college and graduated with a C minus. (going to that college actually made me feel less confident in my intelligence, even though perhaps the reason behind the bad grades was because I was a bit lazy and sometimes didn't ask for help if I had problems)

• To be honet i do think that they are, and not just in term of knowledge

sometimes when i'm waiting my tramway it amaze be the lack of empathy some young people have for their own friends, and their lack of knowledge about various things.

Yes technology help them to be more open minded and more aware of the problem around the world

but it amaze me when i heard some of them not even knowing a word in their own language, how much technology just stripped them away from all their creativity etc...

and in contrary of most people i don't think it's a problem of bad education, the educational program didn't change from when i was in school but it really amaze me how i feel that there's like a massive gap between me and people who are 3-4 years younger than me

i feel that they try to act too much like adults now, so they just reproduct what adult do, without understanding that becoming an adult is a long process where you learn many things and it doesn't resume to just act a certain way

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!