Even in the moment like that!! They chooses Lipsync [ AESPA MLB World TOUR SEOUL ]

• Put a lot of effort on the intro + choreo + remix to end up lip sync.

I was excited (in my head I was ready to see an iconic show) then they started lipsync... all the excitement went down. SM ruined it again:sweatr:

What's the point of showing off in recording studios if you ultimately won't let them sing live. They definitely has no confidence in Aespa's abilities

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

“ < 4 you & her

• Pop hasnt been about vocals since the 90s, why in heaven's name would anyone care about live singing? Especially Kpop which is literal boyband music, the absolute farthest thing from Broadway and opera that you could get.

The only time you should ever care about live vocals is when they're as good or even better than studio versions.

External Content www.youtube.com

Like remember the Milli Vanilli lipsync scandal? Did you all remember who actually sang the songs...

External Content youtu.be

Be honest would you rather watch those randos singing "live" in a concert or would you rather watch THESE literal models lipsyncing and dancing...

• BlackpinkHouse

Why are you acting like only singers that have a 5 octave range should sing live? You might not care about live singing, good for you, i cannot relate.

Why can't we get this?

External Content youtu.be

They don't have to have usher's vocal range, they can have average vocal range a la madonna and taylor

Fans are to blame for defending their faves for lip syncing. If there were more backlash companies would have to make changes and "make" their idols sing. I never paid for a concert that was lip synced and i never will. And if i did I'd be really pissed.

QueenMaknae27 this reply is for you too.

• Fans are to blame for defending their faves for lip syncing. If there were more backlash companies would have to make changes and "make" their idols sing. I never paid for a concert that was lip synced and i never will. And if i did I'd be really pissed.

QueenMaknae27 this reply is for you too.

I am not even a fan. I am just Karina's husbando. I am just saying they are one of the groups that we think of when we talk about lip syncing. I just got tired of it that I am already used to it. Would I prefer them to sing live? Absolutely! Will they ever sing live if I keep complaining? Nope! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I am with you that everyone has to sing live :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• And people wonder why no one takes K-pop seriously.

No one asks them to be the next Maria Carré or Beyoncé, but simply sing what they recorded.

yeah well that's kpop for you... you should look elsewhere or stan other groups for live vocals. or maybe attend their concert, assuming they sing live at their concerts?

No one asks them to be the next Maria Carré or Beyoncé, but simply sing what they recorded.

Yeah but they recorded those songs standing as still as possible in the most regulated controlled environment (a recording studio). With hours and hours of postprocessing, autotune and sound engineering still to come. They wont ever come close to what they recorded in this day and age. Do you really want to watch idols standing still and singing into a mic for their literal dance songs? :pepe-hips:

• SM's performance policy is to lip-sync. I think only seniors that debuted more than 7 years earlier have the option not to. e.g. Tiffany in her solo in her 6th year lip-synced and she is one of snsd's vocalists.

Mariah Carey auto correct is awesome ^^

Everyone who dances uses backtrack, you can't sing every single line while dancing and it's there to give you support. Even Beyonce. But aespa (in this particular case but sadly, they aren't the only one) didn't even bother, they just played a studio version and lip synced. Not a single line wasn't sung live. No wonder they always look bored on stage.

Like you said, this is the reason why kpop isn't taken seriously.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!