SM played the karina's dating scandal very well

• this scandal got everyone talking about karina and boosted her relevance among the kpop fans and even beyond. This brought a lot of attention to her and and after she dropped that apology letter, she racked up massive amounts of pity points by basically doing nothing. Sure karina might have lost some hardcore delulu stans but in exchange she ended a gaining much more in terms of support from gp and non fans.

Dropping that apology letter was actually a smart move, it not only brought lots of free pity points but also might have convinced some of those malding fans and fanbases who were going to stop supporting karina/aespa to think that their parasocial waifu is actually sorry so they might forgive her and continue supporting her. It was a win win move basically.

• true. yeah, some delusion fans aren't happy, but this dating 'scandal' will bring in new fans. still, I don't like the fact that she had to apolgize.

"had to", she choose do it. I would said she is pretty stupid for doing that, why should she apolgize? It's only make it sound like she did something wrong and make it just worse for all kpop idols in the same situation. Just don't don't say anyting at all, it's a personal matter just don't talk about it. But no.... she felt the need to open here mounth (well write a "letter") and talk about it and "apoligize". Sometimes the idols are their own worst enemies.

• It is bad work

It would have blown away if nothing was done but like the infamous Tzuyu apology it did more harm than good

After all it did nothing when Eunhyuk was shown in a photo posted b by a certai figure with a facial expression which is obvious to everyone

• Whatever meager pity points she's accrued from non-fans throughoutt this whole thing isn't going to buy her albums. I think trying to spin this entire episode as a positive is misguided.

• I adamantly disagree with her apologising, it’s a very selfish thing to do which will create pressure on other idols who are caught dating to do the same. And has already led to shaming of other female idols who never apologised for living their life.

The reason Jennie never apologised, nor should she, is because her fans aren’t delusional crazies who think she’s their pretend girlfriend. By apologising you’re basically insulting your own fans.

• I adamantly disagree with her apologising, it’s a very selfish thing to do which will create pressure on other idols who are caught dating to do the same. And has already led to shaming of other female idols who never apologised for living their life.

The reason Jennie never apologised, nor should she, is because her fans aren’t delusional crazies who think she’s their pretend girlfriend. By apologising you’re basically insulting your own fans.

It got her another news cycle, a couple more days where she is headline news and in the spotlight. Also it would help to keep some of her disgruntled male fans one the verge of leaving the fandom.

I don't agree or disagree with the apology. Idols are forced to apologize for things all the time, even if they are not sorry for what they are apologizing for.

• tbh, i don't think so. cause karina still be getting bashed hella by a lot of people.

what did happen though, was a lot of awareness about how delusional fans and their parasocial relationships can get. i think its sad that people are still hating on karina as if she owes that portion of her life to them- because she doesn't.

𝖐𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖆 𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓 𝖌𝖚𝖓, 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖎𝖒 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!