Rednecks talking about BTS. I'm crying.... from laughter.

• Skip to 8:00

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Move it to different section if it doesn't fit.

• "these weird plastic kids that are trying to be white, but aren't, but their fanbase is all asian in america" wtf?? they'd never say that about the beatles, or backstreet boys, or 1d... wonder why.

• Official Post

This is why I hate living in America sometimes omg...go listen to your Morgan Wallen or whatever damn

:pepestare:

Unfortunately this mentality is common, as you can see with the several controversies with media outlets, comic artists, etc, with their ignorance and lowkey racism against BTS, the entirety of KPOP and Asians in general.

And I believe it's probably gotten worse with the rise of COVID. So that's why I think BTS' rise is very impressive(esp in the West), because they've always gotten these type of labels pitted against them ever since their breakthrough.

I can guarantee they wouldn't be saying this if BTS were all white

• Skip to 8:00

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Move it to different section if it doesn't fit.

fuck rednecks

• This is why I hate living in America sometimes omg...go listen to your Morgan Wallen or whatever damn

:pepestare:

Unfortunately this mentality is common, as you can see with the several controversies with media outlets, comic artists, etc, with their ignorance and lowkey racism against BTS, the entirety of KPOP and Asians in general. And I believe it's probably gotten worse with the rise of COVID. So that's why I think BTS' rise is very impressive(esp in the West), because they've always gotten these type of labels pitted against them ever since their breakthrough.

Especially as a bg that's not traditionally manly looking enough which apparently makes them automatically girls.

Their rise is very impressive in the West indeed. They get the brunt of the crap constantly as the face of K-pop in the West and I'm glad it pisses them off. Their white/American supremacy jumped out.

• "these weird plastic kids that are trying to be white...."

I laughed so hard and loud after I heard that. I am not even a BTS fan and I know they aren't trying to be white! I was curious, so I watched the Today Show (Map of the Soul: 7 promo) and 10/1/2020 Tonight Show interviews. Nope, definitely not trying to be white. I've also observed across a few social platforms that BTS fans in the US aren't all Asian-American either.

• I laughed so hard and loud after I heard that. I am not even a BTS fan and I know they aren't trying to be white! I was curious, so I watched the Today Show (Map of the Soul: 7 promo) and 10/1/2020 Tonight Show interviews. Nope, definitely not trying to be white. I've also observed across a few social platforms that BTS fans in the US aren't all Asian-American either.

They’ve never claimed to be white, nor have they been trying to come off as that. Ironically it’s the opposite with them, seeing as how they’re always talking about their home country and bringing their culture into their art.

Karens and Johns just don’t like to do any research because they don’t truly care, they’re just mad a non-American/white group is bigger and doing better.

North America is one of the most diverse countries, it’s pretty obtuse of them to claim all their fans are Asian American- they just can’t accept it lol.

• Ngl this is hilarious :angryr:

How are you this pressed over bts??? Just because the people you know don't listen to them doesn't mean no one knows who they are smh.

The ignorance and casual racism in this entire video. Even going as far as making fun of their English.

:pepe-back-away:

• True idol that white american anthem. We all know that bts tried to be white when they released such an American song.

r/sarcasm

External Content youtu.be

• "these weird plastic kids that are trying to be white, but aren't, but their fanbase is all asian in america" wtf?? they'd never say that about the beatles, or backstreet boys, or 1d... wonder why.

Because they're actually of European descent. they'd probably find something else to talk about negatively for a white boy group

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• "Just because I don't listen to it, it's not popular and doesn't actually exist." I fucking despise this mindset

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!