I always feel so guilty for not being able to get into Krystal the actresss

• Do we owe it to our faves who have moved on to acting to watch and support their projects? I've tried to watch some of her dramas but I just can't get into them. I did finish and like the one she did with Rain (forgot name) but other than that I just can't watch them. I've wanted to start Police University and the movie she did about being a knocked up teen but I've just never started them. She's even won several awards as an actress.

I would marry f(x) Krystal but I don't seem to have the time for actress Jung Soo Jung.

Anyone else had this problem?

emanresu is this an issue with you and Yoona also?

• I think you're either into Kdramas or you're not. I've liked several Kpop idols who were also actors, including Krystal, and for the most part I watch none of their acting work. I don't think we owe them anything, it was their decision to change careers, they'll have to find a new audience for that.

I'd probably be more likely to give their acting careers a chance if they ever broke through to American TV or movies, but that almost certainly isn't happening.

• I think you're either into Kdramas or you're not. I've liked several Kpop idols who were also actors, including Krystal, and for the most part I watch none of their acting work. I don't think we owe them anything, it was their decision to change careers, they'll have to find a new audience for that.

I'd probably be more likely to give their acting careers a chance if they ever broke through to American TV or movies, but that almost certainly isn't happening.

Makes perfect sense. I was into K dramas for a while years ago but I got burnt out like i do with kpop and everytime i try to get back into them it falls flat.

I wonder if idols like Suzy are successful because of her fans following her from her idol days or she made new fans out of people who only watch k dramas?

• You should watch her in Heirs!!! She's a side character but she's good for her role in that.

Thsta the 2013 hit with Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye.

It's one of my favorites. But a lot of people hate it nowadays or think it's trash.

Bit I enjoy it... Watched several times. Krystal plays a pretty popular girl!

As for me and Yoona? No I love watching her dramas. Haven't seen every one yet. But i love seeing her in things. Particularly breezy rom com romances.

She's the lead in The Prime Minister And I, and that's one of my all time favorite dramas.

And I just watched her in King The The Land and she was perfect for that. So good.

But I'm an avid drama guy. Even was into dramas before kpop, so it's kind of second nature for me to watch them.

Definitely check out Heirs if you ever need a good standby teen school romance drama.

Here's the trailer featuring Krystal.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder if the backlash for The Heirs is same thing that happend with the backlash of Boys Over Flowers where the male leads are too toxic for modern audiences. But I problaby should give it a chance since HS Dramas are really the only ones I can get into. I was actually going through an old thread i made on the k drama forum asking for everyone's favorite HS K Drama and you were singing The Heirs praises then too.

Favorite High School Drama? - K-Dramas & Movies - allkpop forums

That's great that you have been able to follow Yoona entire career basically. From idol to actor. Is The Prime Minister and I also known as The King and I? I use to see that one always playing on Viki live channel.

• I wonder if the backlash for The Heirs is same thing that happend with the backlash of Boys Over Flowers where the male leads are too toxic for modern audiences. But I problaby should give it a chance since HS Dramas are really the only ones I can get into. I was actually going through an old thread i made on the k drama forum asking for everyone's favorite HS K Drama and you were singing The Heirs praises then too.

That's great that you have been able to follow Yoona entire career basically. From idol to actor. Is The Prime Minister and I also known as The King and I? I use to see that one always playing on Viki live channel.

Yea Heirs gets all kinds of hate because its still harkens back to old school k-drama tropes.. it hits all the marks of the old best k-drama cliches. Candy poor girl. Rich Chaebol. Male lead is "mean" supposedly. Tons of angst. Melodramatic the whole nine yards.

But that's what I love.....

All the stuff they want to clean out of modern k-drama are what made those romances so addicting in my opinion.

What made them hit so emotionally.

They don't get big melodramatic love themes in modern dramas like this anymore.

They don't work in the sterile environments they've fashioned nowadays.

Need a big time makjang and problematic old school drama for that lol.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As for The Prime Minister and I. I don't think it goes by anything else so that may be a different one. I dunno.

Oh man I revisited that thread you had.

And definitely check out Delightful Girl Choon Hyang that I mentioned in that.

Its old school 2000s school era greatness.

You'll fall in love with the lead girl.

• That really does look like my kind of show. LOVE the 2000s aesthetic of it.

• I don't follow Krystal, but haven't you watched The Heirs, one of the most famous Korean TV series? When I watched it, I personally thought why Krystal wasn't the lead, she was much more beautiful than the lead girl. Of course, she may not be a better actress than Park Shin Hye, but I found Krystal more beautiful when I first saw her in Heirs teasers. :thumbup: I didn't find her acting bad. :thumbup: The people I discovered without knowing they were idols are Yoona and Krystal. She starred in another drama, it was a comedy drama in which Krystal played Lee Jong Suk's sister. In that drama, she was also Taemin's girlfriend for a short time. Of course, I didn't know Taemin at that time. ^^ I was watching Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye dramas and I always came across Krystal. And I generally liked her comedic characters. I haven't come across any of Krystal new series. I watch less kdramas than before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!