f(x) "Pink Tape" appreciation thread

• This is one of my favorite K-Pop albums of all time :holding-back-tears:

It's a very sweet and bubbly piece of work with a lingering feeling of nostalgia, the color pink truly fits this description best <3

Airplane, 미행 (Shadow) and Ending Page are my favorite B-sides on this album :teeheek:

Plus their teaser for this era was the best I've seen for any Kpop group. It's been over a decade and still no one has topped this teaser

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Best Answer

A landmark album of kpop. It's my favorite f(x) and kpop album ever. It's impact is still felt today.

Step is my favorite song. But every song is memorable. Pink Tape acts as the perfect closure of 2nd gen.

• A landmark album of kpop. It's my favorite f(x) and kpop album ever. It's impact is still felt today.

Step is my favorite song. But every song is memorable. Pink Tape acts as the perfect closure of 2nd gen.

I never thought of Pink Tape being a closure of 2nd gen but it does make sense.

Saving the best for last of course. It's by far one of the cleanest and perfect pieces of art that came out of the Kpop world, for sure :borahae:

also finally I found another MeU on this forum lol ^^

i thought all MeUs left akp a long long time ago :pepe-sad:

also...I desperately need those fx badges (and NewJeans ones too)...badly ;judgingpepe:

• Everyone here knows me as the King of MeU. They have been by far my favorite group since I discovered them in 2015.

I have all their albums and a signed by all members Chu album. Bunch of wall posters too.

If you ever post anything f(x) related please tag me if you remember :)

• Everyone here knows me as the King of MeU. They have been by far my favorite group since I discovered them in 2015.

I have all their albums and a signed by all members Chu album. Bunch of wall posters too.

If you ever post anything f(x) related please tag me if you remember :)

Is there like a thread or group here where MeUs can communicate with each other and talk about fx members and fx's discography? Because I'd love to join ;-)

I don't really meet many MeUs in the Kpop community tbh. I fell in love with them in 2014 when 'Red Light' was released and Sulli went on hiatus shortly after but fx never posted much content and there weren't that many fans anyway. Now that they've been inactive as a group for 8 years it's even emptier than ever. But always lovely to see another MeU still showing love for them today ^^

I'll remember to tag you :)

• Is there like a thread or group here where MeUs can communicate with each other and talk about fx members and fx's discography? Because I'd love to join ;-)

I don't really meet many MeUs in the Kpop community tbh. I fell in love with them in 2014 when 'Red Light' was released and Sulli went on hiatus shortly after but fx never posted much content and there weren't that many fans anyway. Now that they've been inactive as a group for 8 years it's even emptier than ever. But always lovely to see another MeU still showing love for them today ^^

I'll remember to tag you :)

There use to be an artist thread that had a handful of active members but that was back in 2016/2017. There are a couple of casual f(x) fans still around here but I don't think there are any true MeU like you and I.

It's unfortunate but that's just how kpop is. Older groups fanbases start to die off with time. I rarely even see fans of the biggest 2nd gen boy groups like TVXQ BigBang and Super Junior. I think out of all 2nd gen groups SNSD has the most fans on akp currently.

I'm still always searching for f(x) related content in YouTube almost daily. Like this stagemix that was just posted yesterday. Makes me happy someone is remembering them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I personally don't have any hopes when it comes to any future fx group content or MeU interactions because there's barely any and I've made my peace with that a long time ago. However it's still a nice and sweet moment to come across anything fx related like this.

But yeah it's crazy how much time has actually passed since the 2nd gen. I still remember people in Kpop communities arguing about who was better between SNSD/2NE1/Sistar/Apink,etc. and how Taeyeon was the one who kicked Jessica out of SNSd lol Crazy times xD

Thankfully, the 4th gen is at a point where girl groups dominate, which I would've never believed if you told me that 10 years ago lol So I'm still here for the girls

I currently enjoy NewJeans the most from the newer generation, along with Le Sserafim, Nmixx, IVE, aespa and G-Idle

• Drew_B What was your favorite f(x) era btw? And who is your bias?

Favorite era is near impossible to choose. It's either Nu Abo or Pinocchio or Pink Tape era.

Nu Abo is my favorite mini album of all time and I just love the goth punk rock styling over this era.

Pinocchio is f(x) reaching their prime in popularity and I love the outfits and stages from this era a lot. Also love both blonde Amber and blonde Luna.

Pink Tape is the best album and best aesthetic in girl group history. It's a dreamy world of an era.

Sulli was and still is my bias. Her beauty and charm and her underrated magical voice was what won me over. There was tough comepetition from Krystal though. While Sulli was the beautiful one Krystal was the hot one. I'm a guy so I couldn't resist these two.

• Nu Abo era is criminally underrated. The photo shoots for this era were amazing. Personally my favorite concept is a tie between Electric Shock era and Pink Tape era

Also yes thank you for mentioning Pinocchio. It had amazing campy and kooky styling and concept which i loved seeing as well. It's actually in my top 3 fx title tracks & thx for reminding me of Luna and amber during that era, especially Amber. She was the moment ^^

I have the same biases as you. I always switched up between both bc I couldn't pick one bias. Krystal was for the most part my bias in the earlier years of me being a MeU, but Sulli won over my heart by 2017/2018 and then completely stole the bias spot for me when she released her solo debut album. Like you said, her voice was super underrated and tbh really underappreciated for most of fx's run where she mostly just rapped and had a few lines here and there. With her solo album she was able to showcase her true potential as a singer and artist. Dorothy to this day remains one of my favorite songs by a Kpop idol of all time :borahae::borahae::borahae:

And there has yet to be another Kpop idol soloist who is able to move me and change my world view with their music like Sulli did with her album

• I cry everytime I listen to Sulli's album. It causes so many emotions that I get overwhelmed.

Speaking of Sulli I've been wanting to rewatch "To the Beautiful You" lately. Did you ever watch it?

• I cry everytime I listen to Sulli's album. It causes so many emotions that I get overwhelmed.

Speaking of Sulli I've been wanting to rewatch "To the Beautiful You" lately. Did you ever watch it?

I have actually never watched it, simply bc i'm not that big of a fan of K-dramas. I only know a few but it's limited. Maybe I should watch more K-dramas hmmm :/

Sulli's album makes me cry too. I always close my eyes while listening and end up thinking about my life and death for the next hour just lying in bed while staring at the wall lol Her music is extremely thought provoking

My favorite bit of the album is Sulli's explanation for the meaning of the song Dorothy. She mentioned in her showcase that she wrote that song based on a series of dreams she has where she visits different towns with imaginary people. Each dream, she visits another town and has a companion that she talks to. That really stuck with me for some reason and I can't get it out of my mind every time i listen to dorothy.

If you want to see the video where she talks about it, go watch the interview episode from 'Persona: Sulli' (unless you have already seen it). It's super interesting what she has to say about the album but also about the experience of being an idol and her relationship with her mom

• Drew_B  babyspice31 Oh you, guys! Thank you so much for talking about f(x) in such a timeless manner. Seriously, it's so heartwarming reading a forum post so new and about such an "old" group. f(x) has a special place in my heart, so many good memories watching them take the big awards and bring new stuff to the music industry.

When Rum Pum Pum came out I almost passed out cause' of the ressembling samba rythm within the chorus. I was obssessed with Pink Tape, the album is just unbeatable. I miss when the time tenis skirt was a thing because of f(x).

Thank you thank you thank you

• Drew_B  babyspice31 Oh you, guys! Thank you so much for talking about f(x) in such a timeless manner. Seriously, it's so heartwarming reading a forum post so new and about such an "old" group. f(x) has a special place in my heart, so many good memories watching them take the big awards and bring new stuff to the music industry.

When Rum Pum Pum came out I almost passed out cause' of the ressembling samba rythm within the chorus. I was obssessed with Pink Tape, the album is just unbeatable. I miss when the time tenis skirt was a thing because of f(x).

Thank you thank you thank you

:holding-back-tears: Of course! fx is essential to the Kpop sphere. You can't talk about Kpop girl groups without mentioning fx. They are the queens of experimental Kpop :borahae:

Rum Pum Pum and the album itself was definitely a cultural reset. I will never forget the first time I saw Krystal's red hair and how mesmerized I was by Amber, while watching the MV on my first smart phone.

Thanks for sharing your memories of fx with us ^^ always heartwarming to read it :-)

And I'll continue posting about 2nd gen groups :wink: After all it was 2nd gen that got me into Kpop in the first place, and while I do enjoy some of the new groups, 2nd gen groups like f(x), Kara, SNSD, 4Minute and Sistar will always have a special place in my heart :pepelove1:

• It's worth watching if you're a Sulli fan. I had to suspend my disbelief quite a bit though with this one. They really think Sulli is a boy lol??? If it was Amber pretending to be a boy I MIGHT be able to see it but not angelic Sulli. K Dramas are hit or miss. They all kind of blend in and tell a lot of the same stories. Once you've seen about four of them then you've pretty much seen them all.

I did watch Persona: Sulli. It was hard for me to get through. An emotional punch to the gut.

• It's worth watching if you're a Sulli fan. I had to suspend my disbelief quite a bit though with this one. They really think Sulli is a boy lol??? If it was Amber pretending to be a boy I MIGHT be able to see it but not angelic Sulli. K Dramas are hit or miss. They all kind of blend in and tell a lot of the same stories. Once you've seen about four of them then you've pretty much seen them all.

I did watch Persona: Sulli. It was hard for me to get through. An emotional punch to the gut.

I will keep this in my to-watch-list. I will only watch this for Sulli and Minho :sweat:

I was actually fine watching Persona: Sulli. Once one has experienced enough loss and went through a bunch of grieving periods in their life it gets easier to revisit videos, photos and general memories of the deceased person. At least for me. But i do understand your feelings.

I thought her points of view in the interview were very interesting. She didn't hold back much and I loved seeing that. Her views on feminism is yet another reason why Sulli is my bias.

Her standing up for other women and supporting women's rights by challenging societal norms in Korea is admirable and I'm sure there are a bunch of silenced women in Korea who admire and celebrate Sulli in secret for her open mind and warm heart <3

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content youtu.be

Yes I loved watching it! It makes me proud haha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!