She is absolutely without question the most underrated dancer from the 3rd gen

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtube.com

External Content youtube.com

That's right. I'm here to brag about Jung Wheein of Mamamoo, the most underrated dancer of her entire generation. Outside of MooMoos, who been knew, I never see Wheein getting the flowers she deserves for her dancing skills.

Masculine? Feminine? Powerful? Sexy? Cute? She can do and has done them all.

But it's overshadowed by her incredible vocal talent, and the fact Mamamoo as a group do not do aggressive or challenging choreo.

I've known how talented of a dancer Wheein is since THIS dropped a decade ago:

I'm no professional dancer, but I feel like Wheein perfectly captures the groove and energy of any song she's given and eats the choreo up.

It saddens me that very few people outside of the fandom, and probably a decent portion in the fandom, know that she's this good at dancing.

Momo, Lisa, Seulgi and SinB were always the first, and sometimes only, names mentioned when it came to 3rd gen girl group dance rankings, but Wheein is in that same class!

I don't even care if you agree, but I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest. :dancer-pepe:

• Ooh yay!! Wheein's thread. I support it!!

I think there are strengths in individuals that you listed, depending on the genre/style of the dances. Hiphop, modern, tuts, breaking, etc. I think Wheein is good with hiphop, it fits her more. And Im sure majority of trainees does hiphop as their core. Just like how they use Yoon Mirae's song for raps.

There are those that are good with choreographed dances, which means they followed instruction to a T. Memorize well, and execute them well. Then there are those that are actual dancers, know the music, the rhythm, the beat, and the flavor.

I think its just the name of the game, more popular groups get named first. Its like Wendy is always named as idol top vocalist, but you don't see Apink Eunji, EXID Soji, or Spica Bohyung.

I think SinB is the only one on that list that shouldn't actually be there. But hey, what do I know hahah.

---======---

• Don't set up Wheein like this ;(

I guess I've been setting her up for years. I'll never stop! I've seen every dance clip from every idol I name dropped and I think Wheein could hold her own :pepe-hips:

Thank you for the support of our dear puppy Wheein :pepeflushed:

I just think she's an extremely versatile and fluid dancer, from the eyes of a dancing muggle like me

• She's pretty good but not in the same class as momo :pepepizza:

Don't set up Wheein like this ;(

No, I actually think this is a fair comparison. Because Momo is an astounding dancer. Wheein sings, performs, and dances really well. If her dance is just a notch below Momo, I'll take that as a compliment.

Because if you imagine saying something like 'Wow, Lisa, Momo and SinB vocal ability could hold against Wheein'. Now THAT'S a set up.

I know my girl's short, but she'll slap ya in her sleep with her vocals.

:rant-bee::rant-bee:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!