Why Dreamcatcher seems to have lost all their fans ??

• DC never had hype on this particular site to begin with, but if you're referring to social media then people didn't really like their last couple of songs, especially the last one.

• they have amazing concerts, do well on festivals,

and especially on overseas festivals there are tons of DC fans

but in same time personally I feel like the music changed a lot

can we please get back to songs like:

BOCA, Odd Eye, Scream, and Deja Vu :pepefrog::pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We can't cause someone snatched away their producer Leez.

• Personally I haven't really liked their recent output. The last song I remember loving immediately from them was Fairytale, give it a listen if you haven't already

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• Here's one fan they haven't lost yet:

External Content www.tiktok.com

External Content twitter.com

• Here's one fan they haven't lost yet:

External Content www.tiktok.com

External Content twitter.com

I always knew Gahyeon was my favorite :pepe-notes:

• I don't see much hype around theem when they comeback like it used to be :whatr::whatr:

can InsomniaTaglist give me some hindsight ?

You don't see hype because DC does not cheat with views and streams, not involved in fake charting nor in the race for some snake awards, preferred an organic growth instead.

DC has a stable core of an audience and allowed to gather the people somewhere in Berlin for their concert.

I think, that should become normal, turned people from meaningless "success stan" to value of the talent and music.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• I still love them and their music. I think they are doing fine among old fans and new ones. The GG landscape is super competitive and to be stable like them is all right. While others may not have liked their recent music, I do and appreciate them experimenting and adding to their discography!

• I feel bad because I was one of the OG Insomnias on here. There was a point where I was secretly a bigger Somnia than Once or Blink.

The last release I loved was BEcause. I find myself asking how music can change so much so suddenly, I realize I was very much as big of a fan of LEEZ as I am a somnie so without him, it definitely felt like spring something was missing.

Dreamcatcher is also the only group I stan solely because of their music and talent so there was nothing tethering me to the group when that changed.

I remember a thread long ago about "how many bad comeback would make you stop stanning your faves" I didn't know at the time but I guess I know now, about 2 and half years worth of releases because the same thing also happened to me with Blackpink after Lovesick Girl.

I still love their old songs and I still look forward too every DC release though

• I feel bad because I was one of the OG Insomnias on here. There was a point where I was secretly a bigger Somnia than Once or Blink.

same when they debuted with "chase me " i was so obsessed

and i stanned them hard like i could already see they had such a big potential and i didn't even know the girls name or even watch any variety show or youtube video about them

then i lost interest with piri and got back into them thanks to BEcause and Boca

but all their recent stuff have been disappointing for me

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Image Image

• You don't see hype because DC does not cheat with views and streams, not involved in fake charting nor in the race for some snake awards, preferred an organic growth instead.

DC has a stable core of an audience and allowed to gather the people somewhere in Berlin for their concert.

I think, that should become normal, turned people from meaningless "success stan" to value of the talent and music.

it have nothing to do with fake success

just tons of people were talking about them before non fans, casual liistener etc.. when they used to comeback and now they comeback and everybody seems indifferent about them

also their previous tour sold out and i heard that they were having a hard time selling out this tour even if the place they are performing are as big than their previous ones

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Image Image

• There was a point where I was secretly a bigger Somnia than Once or Blink.

The last release I loved was BEcause. I find myself asking how music can change so much so suddenly, I realize I was very much as big of a fan of LEEZ as I am a somnie so without him, it definitely felt like spring something was missing.

Dreamcatcher is also the only group I stan solely because of their music and talent so there was nothing tethering me to the group when that changed.

How come you just described my exact experience? :pepe-notes: Get out of my head :pepe-slash:

The only difference is for me there was one bright spot, which is Bon Voyage. Idk about you guys, but I did get that Dreamcatcher feeling from it.

Also, I have a little conspiracy theory. I think DCC got involved in ESG since Maison. The Apocalypse series, lyrics of Maison sound very ESG to me. Lee Soo Man wanted to do the same with Aespa but was fortunately stopped. ESG ruins all entertainment.

• I think everyone's experience may vary a little on when people started losing interest but I think for most it's still around that time period.

It's around there that the album sales started declining and no longer beating previous album numbers. Some attribute it to covid inflation but I think people overestimate how it affects it, it would still accurate reflect a decline in the hardcore fanbase.

Then there's the decline in touring. As Sooyoung mentioned, the same arenas are not filling up as easily. Part of it is due to the tour happening too soon after the previous one but if fanbase was increasing, it should have been able to overcome that.

This is unscientific but I remember I was going to make a thread on songs with the highest bop to flop ratio in those poll threads and I remember DC oppucied like 2-3 of the top 5 slots, they usually have like a 80-90% bop vote, which is very high on this board but their recent songs don't. OOTD had a 60 showing a decline in casual interest on this board.

Anyways, the point of mentioning any of this is to say our experience about this may not be that unique, I'd imagine many fans felt the same we did.

I also agree, ESG is probably not on the list of top things kpop fans care about...

• Personnally I loved every title track until Odd Eye.

Because was good but didn't get me as addicted as the others and I disliked the bsides. Usually I loved their bsides.

Maison and Vision were not very good for me and I sadly disliked the bsides too.

Bon Voyage tho, as well as the bsides Demian and Propose were just amazing musically ! I loved it.

OOTD was really really not it tho. But the bsides are great.

Overall 2022 was my worst year for Dreamcatcher. 2023 was way better because the bsides in both albums were great and Bon Voyage was too. They really experimented a lot this year.

• They need to go back to the spooky horror, metal themed music. The concept of OOTD is really stupidand the song sucks imho. Hopefully the next comeback will be better. I still consider them my favourite K-pop group for now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!