Is there a Kpop tour fatigue?

• We went from begging Kpop groups to do tours and literal nobodies managing to sell out venues just because they are "Kpop" to bunch of tours completely flopping. Dreamcatcher, Chuu, Everglow, Loona remains tours all crash and burn, selling half the tickets. And venues weren't even that big to begin with and in case of DC, those were the venues they already sold out in the past. So wtf happened? Too many too soon?

• Big popular groups will never suffer that unless their company completely fails in planning like jyp did with giving twice a 50K stadium in australia months after those girls first ever concert in that country, so it's just bad planning for some venues in cities that are kpop wastelands, as long as kpop companies keep going to the big population centers worldwide like los angeles, new york, paris, london, etc the tour will do well. Like how many concerts in reading, pennsylvania need to flop for companies to realize that city don't have enough kpop fans to sell 1K tickets of barely know kpop acts?

• Prices have gone up and relevant acts like Twice, Suga and Blackpink have just had big tours and people just don't have the cash or inclination to go to so many expensive tours so smaller groups are suffering and struggling.

I went to 2 shows this year and it ended up costing me just for myself alone about 950 quid for just the tickets. I'm not gonna pay to see some bugs on top of that.

• it always depends on the context

the groups you mentioned are mid tier if I'm not mistaken?

like someone said above - bigger groups don't have that issue and it's a matter for the companies to adequate plan venue sizes and fandom strength

• I believe they have sold out most of the dates. Not too sure about the west side but asian dates are all sold out (taiwan sold out within minutes + additional date also sold out within minutes)

I see

I do hope they sell out with 95%-100% attendance across all concerts, it's an ambitious tour for a 2 year GG (even bigger than BP first tour)

• I see

I do hope they sell out with 95%-100% attendance across all concerts, it's an ambitious tour for a 2 year GG (even bigger than BP first tour)

this was nov 22. they opened up more tickets

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

london and the two australia sold out

germany is selling well

the one thats need more push is mexico

• I see

Their selling power is crazy despite how people said they're local. Even in my coutnry, the VIP seats sold out within the 1st 15 mins which is crazy (the 2 cheapest cateogry sold out within minute)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!