A general decline of KPop seems to have occurred

• It seems KPop peaked in 2021, and is in decline and the effective disbandment of Blackpink is going to accelerate it.

It is said that aespa's European tour was not full, and only the front half was seated.

I was very upset to see 250, the chief producer for NewJeans, in Akmu's shows. I had pointed out that 250's songs were mostly sounding like trot, but him showing up in Akmu's show means he at least keeps some contact with Akmu (and by corollary the likes of IU).

Weaning Kpop from the Korean tradition seems to be very hard since it does not really help a song in the world.

With only Twice, remaining to do stadium tours, and with increasingly weaker showings by KPop acts in international digital music services, KPop enters a big crisis mode in 2024.

By later half of 2024 none of BTS members are likely to be around to release songs, and the 4th gen is finally on its own while the likes of IU, encouraged by Akmu's defeat of Jungkook, will make a big move. The failure to eradicate melon will hurt BIG.

The challenge is biggest in the 4th gen, their is no clear cut leader and none of them can do stadium tours. By late 2024 cries that Kpop has declined will be heard everywhere.

• You lose all credibility stating that K-pop peaked in 2021. Probably your worst take ever.

Would you like me to post a dozen business articles with metrics proving how much K-pop grew in 2022 compared to 2021? It’s not like people can’t go view the stock data for the Big 4. Here are the Q2 2023 results. Oh yeah, K-pop is in decline. We’re all going to have to turn to trot music in 2024..

K-Pop Companies Had Average Revenue Growth of 71% in Q2
    HYBE, SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment have collectively added $4.7 billion in market capitalization in 2023.
    www.billboard.com

Edited once, last by Polarize ().

• Relevant metrics and market cap don’t matter. It should be 100% based on personal preferences and how your biases are doing.

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

well, this song about macaroni and cheese by the future leaders of kpop begs to differ. just you watch. this group alone will save kpop in 2024

• The big crisis, oh no.

Well, I have always said that kpop will have it's limit on how popular and big it can get, so it's just normal if it goes up and down. I'm no expert but I believef the years before Twice and BP debuted, the last years of the 2nd generarion probably was a dipp in popularity.

But the biggest problem is that the song of the newer groups are just not good enough..... or too few good songs.

• in terms of touring maybe some of the newer groups have just decided to tour too soon?

without establishing a solid enough foundation or overestimated their popularity in some overseas countries

• I don't think so just yet. I mean if you look at it from a touring perspective maybe. but I do think kpop will hold out for a little while longer. I mean I go back on this topic a lot because I honestly do not see anything fun or exciting about the 5th gen, and yes blackpink's disbandment will change kpop forever, but i think this new wave of fans for 4th gen will be able to hold it up for a while longer. I just see more people focusing on one group and not kpop overall. it seems in america people will lose interest in kpop because of BTS's absence. but maybe when they come back all will be fine. I just don't see things looking the same in maybe 5 years, popularity wise. YG and JYP will probably be less big, and kpop by then will probably be less of a influence in america.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• You lose all credibility stating that K-pop peaked in 2021. Probably your worst take ever.

Would you like me to post a dozen business articles with metrics proving how much K-pop grew in 2022 compared to 2021? It’s not like people can’t go view the stock data for the Big 4. Here are the Q2 2023 results. Oh yeah, K-pop is in decline. We’re all going to have to turn to trot music in 2024..

https://www.billboard.com/pro/…-percent-average-q2-2023/

How many billboard #1s in Hot 100 was won by acts related to KPop in 2022?

Revenues grew because of the explosion of album sales and the resumption of concerts. However, the end of Blackpink will significantly change the trend, which occurred when the main effort of KPop was already in retreat.

2024 will be horrible.

• The big crisis, oh no.

Well, I have always said that kpop will have it's limit on how popular and big it can get, so it's just normal if it goes up and down. I'm no expert but I believef the years before Twice and BP debuted, the last years of the 2nd generarion probably was a dipp in popularity.

But the biggest problem is that the song of the newer groups are just not good enough..... or too few good songs.

IF KPop used 2022 as the year of consolidation and 2023 as the year of carving a slice in the world market forever it would have lasted for a long time.

The Korean incels who failed arithmetic at grade school came out with a bizarre theory of 'longer run'. Well, BTS can run as long as it feels like in Korea, which represented maybe 5% of its total revenue, while the world moves without them and KPop.

The 4th Gen is now on its own, with strong attacks from the trottists and the likes of IU, and I don't think they will be able to keep the ground

• I don't think so just yet. I mean if you look at it from a touring perspective maybe. but I do think kpop will hold out for a little while longer. I mean I go back on this topic a lot because I honestly do not see anything fun or exciting about the 5th gen, and yes blackpink's disbandment will change kpop forever, but i think this new wave of fans for 4th gen will be able to hold it up for a while longer. I just see more people focusing on one group and not kpop overall. it seems in america people will lose interest in kpop because of BTS's absence. but maybe when they come back all will be fine. I just don't see things looking the same in maybe 5 years, popularity wise. YG and JYP will probably be less big, and kpop by then will probably be less of a influence in america.

Where is the new wave of fans from the 4th gen?

Ive has flopped hard. The only remaining hope is NewJeans, but Min Heejin seems to be more interested upon furthering her reach in the Hybe organization rather than doing anything with NJ

• Where is the new wave of fans from the 4th gen?

Ive has flopped hard. The only remaining hope is NewJeans, but Min Heejin seems to be more interested upon furthering her reach in the Hybe organization rather than doing anything with NJ

I mean those groups are still popular just cause baddies wasn't well received doesn't mean it's the end for IVE, I'm sure the next comeback they'll go back to the same music after realizing baddies isn't what dives want, with New Jeans I mean their fine too. For 4th gen fans I mean their still loyal and new fans are here for newer 5th gen groups like zerobaseone and kiss of life even though kiss of life isn't popular now, soon 5th gen will have more debuts from big companies and things will even out. I mean I think it's more of the decline in quality of music and not the decline of fans. it's more of an argument that the decline in kpop's music as a genre is the reason 4th gen and 5th gen won't be as popular which is why kpop will decline overall.

• I mean those groups are still popular just cause baddies wasn't well received doesn't mean it's the end for IVE, I'm sure the next comeback they'll go back to the same music after realizing baddies isn't what dives want, with New Jeans I mean their fine too. For 4th gen fans I mean their still loyal and new fans are here for newer 5th gen groups like zerobaseone and kiss of life even though kiss of life isn't popular now, soon 5th gen will have more debuts from big companies and things will even out. I mean I think it's more of the decline in quality of music and not the decline of fans. it's more of an argument that the decline in kpop's music as a genre is the reason 4th gen and 5th gen won't be as popular which is why kpop will decline overall.

I don't know why the current iteration of newer acts are called the 5th gen. It is more like the 4.5th gen. That aside, the 4th gen has not built bases strong enough to have sizable tours yet and given the propensity to follow quick bucks by the companies it is unlikely that the trends will change

• I don't know why the current iteration of newer acts are called the 5th gen. It is more like the 4.5th gen. That aside, the 4th gen has not built bases strong enough to have sizable tours yet and given the propensity to follow quick bucks by the companies it is unlikely that the trends will change

To me there's no such thing as 5th gen yet, we're still in the era of 4th gen domination, but even still, it seems 3rd gen still has a hold over fans, to me at least, I mean 4th gen groups are popular, but not nearly as popular as twice, blackpink, bts, seventeen etc etc. Nobody is touring like blackpink, bts, and twice and nobody probably will after they disband. So I guess you are right on that. I don't see the decline so close, but it's coming.

• To me there's no such thing as 5th gen yet, we're still in the era of 4th gen domination, but even still, it seems 3rd gen still has a hold over fans, to me at least, I mean 4th gen groups are popular, but not nearly as popular as twice, blackpink, bts, seventeen etc etc. Nobody is touring like blackpink, bts, and twice and nobody probably will after they disband. So I guess you are right on that. I don't see the decline so close, but it's coming.

4th gen is definitely not holding its ground against kpop's many enemies now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!