It's better for the groups to receive a very harsh criticism or hate troll during their cb than nothing at all

• One of the most obvious indicator of the groups' popularity is when they receive tons of attention during their songs drop or cb whether it's positive or negative. One of the obvious signs when one group started to lose gp and kpop fans attention is when people didn't care anymore about them and talk even less about them even when their songs dropped or during their cb. That's the most scary reaction among all reaction out there for kpop groups.

Kep1er is the perfect example for this. Wadada give them lots of attention even with a huge hate train following them. This forum even pay fully attention on them during that time. But gradually, people just stop talking and didn't care much anymore. So for me, as long as people talk about that one group even to critise them, it's still a good sign for the group to grow.

When people didn't care anymore, the group can released the best song ever exist in kpop but still unable to capture the mass audience attention back.

• you gotta tell the members to not care too much about random opinions though or you'll end up with a bunch of em taking a break for mental health reasons or something worse like commiting suicide

• It maybe good for popularity for mental health is more important and it goes down the drain because we know idols are lurking on social media

In kpop and entertainment industry as the whole, most outcomes actually will lead to mental health issues anyway. It's not a good careers choice for anyone mental and physical health to begin with. Successful groups, flop groups, even mid groups with okayish careers will all facing this mental health issues for different reasons. One is because they are too successful, one because they have no careers or money to pay their debt and one will always be afraid if they will flop next day or get replaced easily by newer groups.

Maybe the company can control their idols social media, the least they can do to protect their artists mental health.

• it's somewhat true but if the hate goes too far then it becomes a different issue

some people just don't seems to know where to draw the line and get themselves in trouble

honestly nobody wants to see that happening to a user and potentially get banned

I don't want to see people getting banned honestly

• And this is how people who get their jollies from toxicity justify subsisting on toxic comments...

:unmask-bee: "Hey, I'm doing you a favor by talking smack about you, you should thank me!"

I don't think people think that far. They just want quick dopamine hit from the hit thread.

• I don't think people think that far. They just want quick dopamine hit from the hit thread.

Yes, this is how they try to justify it after people point out that they are being toxic pieces of shit. Not to mention the fact that bullying a perfect stranger gives them that dopamine hit in the first place...

Just sad. Who is looking to encourage this behavior? That's right, the trolls themselves.

• Yes, this is how they try to justify it after people point out that they are being toxic pieces of shit. Not to mention the fact that bullying a perfect stranger gives them that dopamine hit in the first place...

Just sad. Who is looking to encourage this behavior? That's right, the trolls themselves.

By same reason why media uses click bait tittles and everything is doom and gloom. It is how capitalism works.

• Click bait titles are one thing. Actually spewing hate is another and you know it.

Well, I see most of trolls are just attention seekers rather than haters. Why else same trolls make threads about multiple different groups? I would understand if you would be obsessed with only one group, but that is rarely the case.

• Well, I see most of trolls are just attention seekers rather than haters. Why else same trolls make threads about multiple different groups? I would understand if you would be obsessed with only one group, but that is rarely the case.

I know you are trying to differentiate the origin of the hateful statements, but a hateful statement is still a hateful statement isn't it? Whether or not the person in question takes their stance seriously, bullying is still bullying. And even if it is "just attention seeking" to you, it still draws yet others to further bully a stranger.

There are lots of ways to be an asshole - doing it for shits and giggles doesn't absolve you.

• I know you are trying to differentiate the origin of the hateful statements, but a hateful statement is still a hateful statement isn't it? Whether or not the person in question takes their stance seriously, bullying is still bullying. And even if it is "just attention seeking" to you, it still draws yet others to further bully a stranger.

There are lots of ways to be an asshole - doing it for shits and giggles doesn't absolve you.

That is true, but I don't see this as one sided problem only. If you know know psychology of trolling, you should not feed the troll because they keep doing it as long you feed them. People that feed the trolls are part of problem and encourage them continue this behavior. I think people generally enjoy once they have some kind of punching bag and troll give them opportunity to bash somebody without putting themselves in a bad light. Otherwise these trolls would not get as much attention as they do.

• That is true, but I don't see this as one sided problem only. If you know know psychology of trolling, you should not feed the troll because they keep doing it as long you feed them. People that feed the trolls are part of problem and encourage them continue this behavior.

Maybe you should clarify it for me, cause I really hope I'm wrong but it sounds like you are trying to blame those that tell the troll off and/or defend the those that the trolls are bullying, all because of interaction.

Wow, really?

Yes trolls seem to derive pleasure from the attention they receive, but way to twist it to blame people that did nothing other than call out toxic behavior and try to stand up for the bullied. And excuse me, trolls more often than not start bullying them for yet more attention, so how many stems away from victim blaming is this exactly?

The actual problem is the troll. If anything, the real "parts of the problem" are the people excusing it.

• Do you really think trolls are gonna stop doing what they are doing if you call them toxic? That have exactly opposite effect on them. You don't understand trolls philosophy, if you think like that. If nobody would reply to them, they would eventually stop doing what they are doing.

I never said troll is not the problem. But people that encourage trolls keep doing this kind of behavior are also the problem and they could have solution to stop it. Also we could blame mods allowing this kind of threads as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!