does comparing my looks to K-Pop Idols make me a koreab0o?

• I often get told that I look like an Idol. And I started thinking it myself as well. Heart-shaped lips, pale skin, dark hair, big eyes, vline... yea I fit most of the beauty standards. But if I say I look similar to XY Idol, does that make me a koreabo0?

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• kboos(why the full word is auto-censored is beyond me lol) are just nerds obsessed with everything korean so i don't think you fit the bill

AKP is set to censor the name of any other prominent websites that also report KPOP news like Kboo and S--mpi.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• No.

But if you start calling people oppa/unnie, idolize your faves and think Kpop >>>> everyone else, then yeah.

Koreab)) is about idolizing Korea's culture because of Kpop.

imagine calling someone oppa :skull::skull::skull::skull: I'm german and oppa with only 1 p (opa) translates to Grandfather

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• So this the definition of Korea boo

Someone who is obsessed with Korean culture so much they denounce their own culture and call themselves Korean. They usually are kpop fanatics (not fans) or fans of League of Legends or other competitive games popular in South Korea. However there is a line; if someone just likes the music, language and culture they are not classed as a korea boo.

I don’t think that getting compared to idols makes you à Korea boo but if you staring thinking that you’re Korean or that you look Korean because of those said features well that makes you in fact a Korea boo

(I remember once this girl told me I look like Nancy from Momoland although I was thankful for the compression I can’t help it but feel like deep down this compliment is Korea boo )

• are you asian?

No. You could say I'm partly asian since my father has some roots but I'm definetly not fully asian and not east-asian at all

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• are you obssessed with Korean culture and whatnot

if not you're fine

ever thought about being a kpop idol? lol

I'm to old to become a trainee, you usually have to audition when you're 10 or 11. If I would audition now, I would have to train 4-5 years (personally I don't think I need that much training, maybe 2 years), which would make me 18 or 19 at my debut. That would mean I'm to old to debut. I could be the leader but I wouldn't be popular at all.

However, if we're assuming, I would audition, let's say at a Big4 company, and get in... Well, the competition is big. I think I am pretty, but am I the prettiest? I probably would have to undergo plastic surgery for my nose, since it doesn't look like a typical korean nose (more like a mix of Sanas and Minjis). They will probably find more surgeries for me to undergo to make me more perfect.

I also have curly hair, which koreans don't know how to treat at all. They would straighten it all the time, and it would take hours, since it's very long.

And then of course, my personality. I don't let people treat me badly. I don't let anyone tell me I'm to fat. I don't want to wear short clothing, I don't want creepy old ceo's to look at me in a weird way, and I won't do any favours to anyone to get a higher chance for my debut (like sleeping with managers, trainers, ceos, sponsors etc). No company likes rebellious people with their own rules in mind.

i would also have to lose a lot of weight. the typical weight you need to have as a kpop idol is 45kg. Even for taller people like me (I'm like 169 and I will probably grow more). I weigh 15 kg more than that. So I would have to lose 15 kg to get to that weight, which would be very unhealthy for me considering i'm still in puberty and grow.

And lastly, I have diabetes type one. That means, I have to have 3 meals a day and need to take sugar in between, otherwise I would be unconscious all the time. We all know that K-Pop Companies hate food. How can I loose as many kgs as possible to be as skinny as possible when I have to EAT?

So, no Idol-life for me.

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• So this the definition of Korea boo

Someone who is obsessed with Korean culture so much they denounce their own culture and call themselves Korean. They usually are kpop fanatics (not fans) or fans of League of Legends or other competitive games popular in South Korea. However there is a line; if someone just likes the music, language and culture they are not classed as a korea boo.

I don’t think that getting compared to idols makes you à Korea boo but if you staring thinking that you’re Korean or that you look Korean because of those said features well that makes you in fact a Korea boo

(I remember once this girl told me I look like Nancy from Momoland although I was thankful for the compression I can’t help it but feel like deep down this compliment is Korea boo )

my friend always tells me i look korean and compares me to idols like haerin wonyoung etc. But the thing is, usual koreans don't look like K-Pop idols. They usually have monolids, a lot of them have square jaws, and their skin isnt whiter than white. So when I say, i look like an Idol, that doesn't mean I am a koreabo0, right? Because Koreans don't look like that.

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• interesting

well you've actually thought about this huh? cool cool

I agree completely with on all points - I would never ever let my child try to be a kpop idol I would discourage them from doing it with every fiber of my being

• interesting

well you've actually thought about this huh? cool cool

I agree completely with on all points - I would never ever let my child try to be a kpop idol I would discourage them from doing it with every fiber of my being

Imo every parent that allows this is stupid and doesn't care for their child. Esp. the richer families. If they're poor, it's understandable, since it's a way to earn money.

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Imo every parent that allows this is stupid and doesn't care for their child. Esp. the richer families. If they're poor, it's understandable, since it's a way to earn money.

that's where I differ from your opinion my friend

I have my own personal judgments but I neither discourage nor encourage others from the same thing

if other people either rich or poor want to or not want to become idols that's their choice

• depends

ive always been skinny and had hairstyles inspired by male kpop idols so my non-kpop friends and family would say "you look like those kpop guys" for fun although they did mean it because they didnt see the difference

but im not korean or any kind of east asian ethnically so obviously my bone structure is nothing like an idol's and i dont look remotely similar to one

maybe thats how people say it to you

just dont compare your genetic features to theirs like wanting small eyes or flat faces

that might be a bit kboo-ish i think

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• that's where I differ from your opinion my friend

I have my own personal judgments but I neither discourage nor encourage others from the same thing

if other people either rich or poor want to or not want to become idols that's their choice

Ofc it's their choice, but I just can't understand how any parent could allow their child all of this... It's literally child trafficking at some point, once you signed the contract, you basically sell your body and life to these companies. I mean, I'm the child here, and you have children, so you must know better than me how it is to love your children.

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Yes, it's like that, the only difference is that my K-Pop friends say it as well. Idk if you have seen the new JYP group VCHA, but one member (Kendall) looks like a K-Pop Idol as well, even though she is fully white and american.

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Ofc it's their choice, but I just can't understand how any parent could allow their child all of this... It's literally child trafficking at some point, once you signed the contract, you basically sell your body and life to these companies. I mean, I'm the child here, and you have children, so you must know better than me how it is to love your children.

maybe it's not the parent maybe the child just really really wants this?

no different than playing an instrument or sport professionally or whatever

ever seen gymnasts who train day in and day out to compete professionally or whatever?

in any of those activities unless it's the parent doing the pushing (which is abhorrent) then some children are just determined to follow their dreams

and again whilst I acknowledge I would never ever let my own child do something like kpop I also am not judging other people whether parents or children who want to follow their dreams

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!