Was Tzuyu stupid for renewing with JYPE?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As you can see, she did nothing outside OT9 activities this year. No new brand deal even though every other member got something. No magazine cover, again every member got it or attended events. For example, Jeongyeon and Samsung and Chaeyoung and Etro.

Atp, I can't even blame JYPE. Tzuyu shouldn't have renewed.

• Sis should have negotiated better because she’s so wasted and she’s among the most popular members

Exactly. I was so confused when I saw her akgaes still dragging JYPE. Before renewals, it was JYPE's fault but they were mismanaging them all. Nayeon, Sana and Momo only started getting a lot of endorsements this year. Tzuyu should have pushed for her solo activities in at least Taiwan as well. Atp, every member has something going on for them except her.

• You're wrong. She likes idol life the most. She shows little interest in other things but its obvious Tzuyu likes performing a lot.

I just find illogical that everybody got something except her. Blaming JYP? Why they are going to isolate one of the most popular members of group?
    I always find Tzuyu very shy, very introverted. Maybe thats why she dont like to do those things. Maybe im wrong, who knows

• I just find illogical that everybody got something except her. Blaming JYP? Why they are going to isolate one of the most popular members of group?
    I always find Tzuyu very shy, very introverted. Maybe thats why she dont like to do those things. Maybe im wrong, who knows

It's all political. Her being shy has nothing to do with it. Her career has been offered as a sacrificial lamb to political appeasement.

• She's basically a person that Asian Companies want, except they don't want to upset the Chinese Government.

She definitely is affected by the trauma of the Flag Scandal too especially as she was seemingly forced to donate to a China based Charity when she probably just wanted to donate to a Taiwan Charity during COVID. She got shit for it too as CNetz attacked her for donating to Taiwan and not to China only to find out that the China Donation took longer to process.

Some people just don't realize how much the Flag Scandal has affected her even to this day...

Anyway...

Tzuyu was not stupid to renew her contract because she wanted to stay longer with her friends and new family, as all the members have indicated

• I dont know anymore, jyp being trash is for sure a part of this, they being scared shitless of china so they avoid anything related to taiwan if a factor too.

But even if this sound crazy she probably have some responsibility, the twice girls have said lot of times most of their schedules are shared on a group chat and the ones that want to do it are the ones that respond faster, so some of them can avoid doing some things by simply ignoring it and letting others respond first. So they have lot of input in the schedules each one do, for example in album music credits where tzuyu have less than the rest you would think is jyp purposely mistreating her by not letting her participate in writing songs for the group but the reality is that the staff send the instrumental of a song to a group chat and the one that respond faster in tasked with writing the lyrics, the others are simply more attentive to that kind of work and tzuyu isnt. Something similar could be happening, except for brands that directly choose 1 of the twice girls the rest of endorsements are distributed by who respond first.

tzuyu is one of the most popular members in twice, and for sure lot of brands want her but she has to fight for her own career and honestly she doesnt look like that assertive type.

• for example in album music credits where tzuyu have less than the rest you would think is jyp purposely mistreating her by not letting her participate in writing songs for the group but the reality is that the staff send the instrumental of a song to a group chat and the one that respond faster in tasked with writing the lyrics, the others are simply more attentive to that kind of work and tzuyu isnt.

This. Her akgaes screamed mistreatment for this too but it turned out that you have to respond to have a chance to write lyrics...

• I dont know anymore, jyp being trash is for sure a part of this, they being scared shitless of china so they avoid anything related to taiwan if a factor too.

But even if this sound crazy she probably have some responsibility, the twice girls have said lot of times most of their schedules are shared on a group chat and the ones that want to do it are the ones that respond faster, so some of them can avoid doing some things by simply ignoring it and letting others respond first. So they have lot of input in the schedules each one do, for example in album music credits where tzuyu have less than the rest you would think is jyp purposely mistreating her by not letting her participate in writing songs for the group but the reality is that the staff send the instrumental of a song to a group chat and the one that respond faster in tasked with writing the lyrics, the others are simply more attentive to that kind of work and tzuyu isnt. Something similar could be happening, except for brands that directly choose 1 of the twice girls the rest of endorsements are distributed by who respond first.

tzuyu is one of the most popular members in twice, and for sure lot of brands want her but she has to fight for her own career and honestly she doesnt look like that assertive type.

I don't know where you heard this, but that is... definitely NOT how their individual activities work. These companies aren't just asking for a random member who's first to respond to a group chat. There's too much money on the line for such randomness. They are asking for specific people. That's not how song writing works either. They have to submit their lyrics to JYPE and they're either accepted or turned down. Tzuyu has explicitly stated that all of her attempts at writing a song have been turned down.

• Apparently, her mom and cousin were in Korea during the time of contract renewal and everyone got excited as they thought she must have negotiated for her solo promotions but its been more than a year and she's stuck with Zooc.

I remember her mom coming down on jype really hard over the DVD thing. I thought they'd be more stringent during renewal if not pull her out all together

If she's not popular enough for Korean work and say she can't work in China/Taiwan for political reasons, I don't understand why they don't work her in Japan more. She's popular there

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I remember her mom coming down on jype really hard over the DVD thing. I thought they'd be more stringent during renewal if not pull her out all together

If she's not popular enough for Korean work and say she can't work in China/Taiwan for political reasons, I don't understand why they don't work her in Japan more. She's popular there

She was the most popular member in Korea -- by far -- before JYP sarted to torpedo her career after the flag scandal. If he can't find work for her in Korea now, that's entirely his fault.

• I remember her mom coming down on jype really hard over the DVD thing. I thought they'd be more stringent during renewal if not pull her out all together

Iirc, that account turned out not to be her mom's. If these 4th gen girls with no selling power can get CFs in Korea so can Tzuyu. I mean, Zooc only renewed because their sales increased. She is their only model that they kept for more than a year. I also want to see Tzuyu promote in Japan.

• China has still soft banned her. Up until recent times her name was censored on certain Chinese portals. Look how much giant companies like Marvel, Disney, Activision Blizzard, etc bend over backwards for China. Whether she was with JYP Entertainment or another company she is always going to struggle with these solo ventures. Sure JYPE enjoys shipping albums for 5 Yaun a pop to China right now to pump sales for other groups so yeah it's a little worse for her now since JYPE is part owned by China like half of the Kpop industry...but also the company does suck the Yuan hard so they suppress her even more.

Was she stupid? No. She signed with a company that gave her the means to buy a several million Dollar home outright last year in her early 20's lol. She's currently in a tour expected to earn close to 150m in only ticket sales and probably another 50-70 in merch and extras....she'll likely tour like that a few more times in her career and makes millions and millions of Dollars on top of the millions she already has...she would have been dumb to leave a massive company like JYPE that is thriving right now thanks to Twice and several other groups.

Leaving for a couple of magazine shoots is the definition of fumbling the bag lol.

• I don't know what she agreed when contract renewals were up but it had to have been a substantial amount of something to keep her on. In the context of other members, yes, she looks very jobless but I am hoping something comes up that will be so big that can explain the lateness. She's been wearing alot of Gucci lately, maybe something is cooking there. :eyes:

• I don't know where you heard this, but that is... definitely NOT how their individual activities work. These companies aren't just asking for a random member who's first to respond to a group chat. There's too much money on the line for such randomness. They are asking for specific people. That's not how song writing works either. They have to submit their lyrics to JYPE and they're either accepted or turned down. Tzuyu has explicitly stated that all of her attempts at writing a song have been turned down.

Someone from Twice did say something similar to what that person mentioned about the group chat. It was in reference to some variety contents during comeback rather than individual activities. For certain activities. It was one of 3Mix, but I can't remember which.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Someone from Twice did say something similar to what that person mentioned about the group chat. It was in reference to some variety contents during comeback rather than individual activities. For certain activities. It was one of 3Mix, but I can't remember which.

I could see them deciding variety show content based on who actually wants to do it (although they mostly do their own as a group.) But brand deals, photoshoots and such? No way.

• China has still soft banned her. Up until recent times her name was censored on certain Chinese portals. Look how much giant companies like Marvel, Disney, Activision Blizzard, etc bend over backwards for China. Whether she was with JYP Entertainment or another company she is always going to struggle with these solo ventures. Sure JYPE enjoys shipping albums for 5 Yaun a pop to China right now to pump sales for other groups so yeah it's a little worse for her now since JYPE is part owned by China like half of the Kpop industry...but also the company does suck the Yuan hard so they suppress her even more.

Was she stupid? No. She signed with a company that gave her the means to buy a several million Dollar home outright last year in her early 20's lol. She's currently in a tour expected to earn close to 150m in only ticket sales and probably another 50-70 in merch and extras....she'll likely tour like that a few more times in her career and makes millions and millions of Dollars on top of the millions she already has...she would have been dumb to leave a massive company like JYPE that is thriving right now thanks to Twice and several other groups.

Leaving for a couple of magazine shoots is the definition of fumbling the bag lol.

Based on current numbers (incl merch sales), Tzuyu's share will probably be around $12-15M. A great number except that she won't tour like this again. This is their first and last large-scale tour, at least for a while. OT9 activities are gonna take a backseat to solo and units starting next year. You can see members like Nayeon, Jihyo and Dahyun slowly building a name for themselves through their solos or attending events or variety shows. Dahyun is most likely gonna make her acting debut next year. What is Tzuyu doing?

Leaving for magazine shoots would be fumbling the bag, yes but who was talking about magazine shoots? Chaeyoung is going to debut solo next obviously. After that maybe Jeongyeon. And JYPE sure as hell isn't debuting more than 2 members in 1 year. Even if she debuts solo, she would have to wait until 2025 and she doesn't have other things like CFs, magazine shoots, fashion week, anything to pacify her fans until her solo, if she ever has one.

I don't think she would make as much as she is doing rn if she left JYPE but money is not a concern for someone like Tzuyu. I don't think she's stupid for renewing rather she's very chill? And her stans including me are the opposite :skull:;(

loml

• I don't know where you heard this, but that is... definitely NOT how their individual activities work. These companies aren't just asking for a random member who's first to respond to a group chat. There's too much money on the line for such randomness. They are asking for specific people. That's not how song writing works either. They have to submit their lyrics to JYPE and they're either accepted or turned down. Tzuyu has explicitly stated that all of her attempts at writing a song have been turned down.

This comes directly from them, they are the source of this like sana mentioned this in that variety show with the single's inferno dude. I didnt say every single schedule and endorsement is managed like this, but some part of them are. And the songwriting thing is something they mentioned and once even joked about it, of course not every song they respond in their chat ends in the album just like dahyun mentioned she wrote 6 songs for one of their recent album but not every one make it to the final cut.

• Based on current numbers (incl merch sales), Tzuyu's share will probably be around $12-15M. A great number except that she won't tour like this again. This is their first and last large-scale tour, at least for a while. OT9 activities are gonna take a backseat to solo and units starting next year. You can see members like Nayeon, Jihyo and Dahyun slowly building a name for themselves through their solos or attending events or variety shows. Dahyun is most likely gonna make her acting debut next year. What is Tzuyu doing?

Leaving for magazine shoots would be fumbling the bag, yes but who was talking about magazine shoots? Chaeyoung is going to debut solo next obviously. After that maybe Jeongyeon. And JYPE sure as hell isn't debuting more than 2 members in 1 year. Even if she debuts solo, she would have to wait until 2025 and she doesn't have other things like CFs, magazine shoots, fashion week, anything to pacify her fans until her solo, if she ever has one.

I don't think she would make as much as she is doing rn if she left JYPE but money is not a concern for someone like Tzuyu. I don't think she's stupid for renewing rather she's very chill? And her stans including me are the opposite :skull:;(

I agree with most of this but heavily dispute the idea that they won't tour like this again. Maybe not this large. But over the course of 2024 and 25 they will pack in about another 40+ shows 100%

As long as the demand is present the companies will want to exploit that.

• Lol. Not even a fashion event? Mmm, i think you people underestimate Tzuyu.

We're underestimating Tzuyu? We're not the ones saying her lack of activities is her own fault because she's too shy & introverted to do anything. I mean really?

Taeyeon just attended a fashion event in Paris and she's infamously a homebody, much more so than Tzuyu. You genuinely think Tzuyu would refuse to attend these things if she were getting invited? I think you're the one underestimating her.

• We're underestimating Tzuyu? We're not the ones saying her lack of activities is her own fault because she's too shy & introverted to do anything. I mean really?

Taeyeon just attended a fashion event in Paris and she's infamously a homebody, much more so than Tzuyu. You genuinely think Tzuyu would refuse to attend these things if she were getting invited? I think you're the one underestimating her.

You believe she cant do this things because JYP is behind, and yet she still renew the contract. I know OP thinks she is stupid. What this make Tzuyu according to you?

• This comes directly from them, they are the source of this like sana mentioned this in that variety show with the single's inferno dude. I didnt say every single schedule and endorsement is managed like this, but some part of them are. And the songwriting thing is something they mentioned and once even joked about it, of course not every song they respond in their chat ends in the album just like dahyun mentioned she wrote 6 songs for one of their recent album but not every one make it to the final cut.

I think you misinterpreted which activities were decided this way. I can tell you with absolute certainty that not a single endorsement is decided on a first come, first serve basis.

• You believe she cant do this things because JYP is behind, and yet she still renew the contract. I know OP thinks she is stupid. What this makes Tzuyu according to you?

I said she was being held back for political reasons. JYP has been a big part of it, but he isn't the only one. She should be the most visible member, but instead she's being treated like a hot potato that no one wants to touch because everyone is deathly afraid of big, bad China.

I don't care what the OP thinks.

• I said she was being held back for political reasons. JYP has been a big part of it, but he isn't the only one. She should be the most visible member, but instead she's being treated like a hot potato that no one wants to touch because everyone is deathly afraid of big, bad China.

I don't care what the OP thinks.

And yet, she renew, even if she will have 0 solo activities. I believe because she dont want to do this things. What you think? Why you think Tzuyu resign?

• I thought it was strange too, she has a lot of potential as solo. I remember there was a rumor that she only renew her contrat for 3 years, maybe JYP doesn't want to invest in her since she is leaving earlier? It could also be because of the china issue

• And yet, she renew, even if she will have 0 solo activities. I believe because she dont want to. What you think? Why you think Tzuyu resign?

Because she wanted to stay with Twice. And as detrimental as JYP has been to all of their carers up until they re-signed, I'm sure she's smart enough to realize there are also outside factors preventing her from reaching her full potential.

• I thought it was strange too, she has a lot of potential as solo. I remember there was a rumor that she only renew her contrat for 3 years, maybe JYP doesn't want to invest in her since she is leaving earlier? It could also be because of the china issue

Everyone typically re-signs for only 3 years, not just Tzuyu.

• Everyone typically re-signs for only 3 years, not just Tzuyu.

well the rumor was something like the other members re-signed for 5 years and she only did for 3 or something like that. Its just a rumor though, idk if its true but her lack of activities made me think of that. I thought Tzuyu was going to have a really strong solo career after renewals, as well as nayeon, but its strange that she hasn't. Maybe she is only interested in music and she's waiting for her turn for a solo? who knows

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!