[POLL] How many of yall are in kpop for music and how many of you are in for pretty girls/bois

• Music. Visuals are just icing on the cake. I don’t watch much content or MV’s anyway.

The majority of K-pop fans aren’t like me though. If every BTS member gained 100 lbs and became fat their album sales would plummet like you wouldn’t believe.

Here’s the truth: Female K-pop fans care more about visuals than male K-pop fans do.

• Music. Visuals are just icing on the cake. I don’t watch much content or MV’s anyway.

The majority of K-pop fans aren’t like me though. If every BTS member gained 100 lbs and became fat their album sales would plummet like you wouldn’t believe.

Here’s the truth: Female K-pop fans care more about visuals than male K-pop fans do.

Yes

That's why uncle fans stan minor girls

For the music

• I would say my breakdown would be 60/40.

60 visuals

40 music.

For my favs the music has to be there. And that's a lot of the emotional connection to them.

It's that perfect combo of music that emotionally resonates in conjunction with idols I find extremely pretty and charming.

That's the perfect storm.

But for a lot of the day to day casual "Kpopping"..

I love all the pretty.

I picked pretty in your poll as you only gave us one or the other.

• I listen to a bunch of k indie as well as kpop groups that I can't even recall what they look like since looks doesn't really matter when I'm picking songs on spotify

the same way I like Namjoon not because I think he is the visual of the group but because I like his music style the most out of the seven I mean his collabs with indie artists are always gold to me :love:

This is so wild to say because every other drag about BTS are about their looks. The flip floppy nature of this narrative gives me whiplash. ;( How about actually listing boy groups that kpop stans praise to high heavens for having "top tier visuals" :rolleyes: and see if they survive because according to kpop stans they don't consider BTS to be a visual group but they're still the #1 group.

• Music and performance. KPOP performances are so much more fun than they are for Western music since they put a lot more effort into that. Western performances and MVs are boring af unless you are someone like Beyonce and Bruno Mars.

It'd be weird if I was still into KPOP for the visuals tbh.

When I 1st really got into KPOP almost 10 years ago, it was like visuals, then performance, and then music. I just really liked seeing pretty men dance around and sing love songs. It made my heart flutter. But once I started being mostly a "noona" stan after the 3rd gen, my focus shifted more to GGs, which in turn made me focus less on visuals.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Visual wise i only care about stage execution. I couldn’t care less about the minute difference of bts’ body on daily, but performance is really important

Not to mention kpop probably one of few music scenes where various music genre being treated with similar care and prep by a group. Western artists usually stick to a genre (not that it’s bad) so the music variety is definitely a plus for kpop

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!