Rejected Sixteen contestants exacting revenge against JYP.

• Somi and Natty both got eliminated in the final round of Sixteen. They were probably too young to join up at that point, especially knowing how JYP gave zero shits about working the poor girls in Twice like pack mules.

But, in the end, regardless of the reasoning, these two were eliminated.

Now, 8 years later, look at how the turns have tabled.

Somi has had her second hit, and the biggest hit of her career with a top 5 ranking on Melon Daily. And Natty is overcoming all odds with her debut in nugu group Kiss of Life - and it's actually her solo song that is making the most waves on Melon, a ranking of 128 on Melon Daily and only 10k ULS or so away from reaching the top 100 of Melon Daily.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both are doing better than Jihyo's release, and Somi is close to equaling Nayeon's solo debut peaks.

There's a lesson in here about never giving up, never quitting until you've given everything you have. But for me, it just shows how unpredictable life is. 8 years ago, could anyone have imagined this would happen? Father Time and change...two things that are as inexorable as the waves crashing onshore.

• Are you seriously suggesting that charting one or two songs higher on freaking melon’s floor can compete with a resume as illustrious as twice’s members who are literally millionaires now and can boast about a string of mega hits they bagged throughout their career? Bruh you need to upgrade your trolling material you’re turning braindead like bbb’s threads :skull:

• Are you seriously suggesting that charting one or two songs higher on freaking melon’s floor can compete with a career as illustrious as twice’s members who are literally millionaires now and can boast about a string of mega hits they bagged throughout their career? Bruh you need to upgrade your trolling material you’re turning braindead like bbb’s threads :skull:

lol i'm just pointing out some of life's twists and turns. How unpredictable it is. Twice was ruling the world in 2018 and Somi and Natty were nowhere to be found, if someone had told you that in five years, Somi and Natty would be rocketing up the charts like this, would you have believed them?? lol, you woulda laughed in their face and thought they were crazy with a k.

• Why didn’t Jyp debut Somi and Natty in Itzy? Itzy wouldn’t have flopped

somi left jyp herself when itzy was going to debut to sign with the black label

And i guess Natty got fired by jyp because she was training with yeji, ryujin, chaeyoung and somi

So she was probably going to be part of Itzy before Jyp cut her of the lineup

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Why didn’t Jyp debut Somi and Natty in Itzy? Itzy wouldn’t have flopped

itzy completely flopped only three years into their career. these days the only buzz they seem to be getting is from yunas visuals who was actually a somi replacement in the group. somi on the other hand escapes the dungeon once a blue moon but at least she still makes waves. she’s better off solo, she has that solo star power

• itzy completely flopped only three years into their career. these days the only buzz they seem to be getting is from yunas visuals who was actually a somi replacement in the group. somi on the other hand escapes the dungeon once a blue moon but at least she still makes waves. she’s better off solo, she has that solo star power

Well tbh once somi appear in IOI

we all knew that she didn't need a group

With or without a group she would be huge

And actually glad for her because considering how her career is going and her personality and image

I bet she would have been tired to sing about shoes and cake at her age

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• lol i'm just pointing out some of life's twists and turns. How unpredictable it is. Twice was ruling the world in 2018 and Somi and Natty were nowhere to be found, if someone had told you that in five years, Somi and Natty would be rocketing up the charts like this, would you have believed them?? lol, you woulda laughed in their face and thought they were crazy with a k.

Nah as someone with a brain i would never scoff at that possibility :pepe-use-head: bc 5 years is a long time in pop music culture, and digital charting is as fickle as the next fad emerging and dying within a blink of an eye. What matters is what you do with your 15 minutes of fame, and whether you succeeded in turning your brief moment of relevance into a sustained career or if you squandered it away. Considering twice managed to escape the one hit wonder route and has accumulated a massive fandom and huge earnings after 8 years, that’s an achievement that can’t be used to compare to the next trendy thing that hasn’t had the chance to prove that it won’t fade into obscurity soon like most of the rest of them. The comparison doesn’t have a lot of leg to stand on in the first place.

• to me JYP's issue has always been the individual solo activities of their members (3rd gen onwards I'm not sure of the prior gens since I wasn't around then)

I think that's one the biggest reasons Somi left - she probably wanted to do solo stuff in addition to all the group stuff

we see it with Twice and them having their own IG accounts on year 7 and more solo activities in that one year than the previous 6

same with SKZ as minazuki informed me that SKZ has had their new IG accounts this year (5) and a lot more individual activities

• There's a lesson in here about never giving up, never quitting until you've given everything you have. But for me, it just shows how unpredictable life is. 8 years ago, could anyone have imagined this would happen? Father Time and change...two things that are as inexorable as the waves crashing onshore.

I like that. Well said.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Are you seriously suggesting that charting one or two songs higher on freaking melon’s floor can compete with a resume as illustrious as twice’s members who are literally millionaires now and can boast about a string of mega hits they bagged throughout their career? Bruh you need to upgrade your trolling material you’re turning braindead like bbb’s threads :skull:

Exactly. Hilarious.

• itzy completely flopped only three years into their career. these days the only buzz they seem to be getting is from yunas visuals who was actually a somi replacement in the group. somi on the other hand escapes the dungeon once a blue moon but at least she still makes waves. she’s better off solo, she has that solo star po

itzys current song is doing pretty well on Melon and they sell hundreds of thousands of albums plus tour well. What are you talking about? I wouldn’t call that a flop.

• Most ex JYP trainees probably don’t even work in the business anymore. Just like most ex trainees. You my friend have fallen victim to survivor bias. Natty, Sieun, Somi. That’s three out of probably hundreds of trainees that didn’t make it that JYP has had in its history.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!