What are the best kpop places in Seoul?

• honestly besides the major shopping areas like myeongdong, Gangnam. Kpop isnt that much of an active thing in Seoul or really in Korea. I would check out some of the bigger agencies usually they have place for fans to go. There used to be an SM museum at COEX but I believe it is closed now.

I would also recommend going to hongdae, while not explicitly kpop related there are many busking events there so you can see that.

• If you're into ANY YG groups, go to the YG Cafe across from YG headquarters. It's actually called TheSameE and the basement has a lot of Yg group merch. Like a LOT. If you're energetic enough it's walking distance to Hongdae.

Last I was there the other labels didn't really have cafes/shops, just their headquarters buildings which you could visit and take photos outside of I guess.

In Myeongdong, find the big Nature Republic shop (You can miss it, the outside walls are literally grass). Go into it and take the elevator up for a good kpop store that sells official albums and lots of posters for decent prices.

The Myeongdong underground mall has lots of kpop shops that sell both official stuff like albums and lots and lots of unofficial things like those card sets, stationary etc. Theres also a shop called Buruttrak in Myeongdong that has lots of older kpop albums if your'e into Gen 1, Gen 2 and early Gen3 stuff:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Near Myeongdong is Lotte Young Plaza. The basement floor of this shopping mall has a kpop shop that is focused more on official goods over albums, especially good for lightsticks.

Some music shows you can actually get tickets for but its either convoluted, or you need to be in an appearing groups fanclub or line up all day. I didn't bother when I went.

• honestly besides the major shopping areas like myeongdong, Gangnam. Kpop isnt that much of an active thing in Seoul or really in Korea. I would check out some of the bigger agencies usually they have place for fans to go. There used to be an SM museum at COEX but I believe it is closed now.

I would also recommend going to hongdae, while not explicitly kpop related there are many busking events there so you can see that.

Definitely agree. Lots of like dance teams perform in the Hongdae pedestrian only areas, worth checking out!

There was an SM shop at Dongdaemun Design Plaze about a year ago, but I THINK it might have been a pop up store. But DDP is worth checking out anyway so even if its not there, you still get to see some nice things.

• For the Gangnam district...

K-Star Road has cute statues dedicated to some of the biggest names in K-pop.

COEX Mall surely has some K-pop stuff.

I also really recommend just hanging around Myeongdong and walking through the streets. You're bound to come across K-pop. You'll hear K-pop music playing basically everywhere. Just don't get lost! Stay safe and have fun.

I seconded these two spots, basically go-to kpop places along with hongdae (so many dance groups busking kpop songs)

Also if OP is interested with hybe artists, the hybe insight exhibition is re-opened

since june around gangnam, so you can go there after visiting k-star road. I’d also recommend newjeans’ bunnyland pop-up but idk if they still open now

Tbh just check the hyundai, ddp, and any lotte plaza social media if there’s any kpop pop-up events but for me even without knowing any event these spots definitely worth visiting

• Most music shows are like a lottery or you need to queue early but it’s free

Some (I think) you can apply for special slot or buy ticket in advance if you’re a foreigner.

Kbs music bank (yeongdeungpo) you can see idols when they arrive. There’s usually barricades to protect personal space - you can wave lol

Else both Rapbeat and Resfflect festival are on next weekend

Zico, Bi, Bobby, Taeyang and more

Bupyeong underground market also sell a lot of kpop merch, can be cheaper than the crazy tourist Myeongdong

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!