So NJ = f(x) XG = 2ne1 Ive = SNSD (concept wise)?

• Isn't? I'm not talking about impact or even members but overall CONCEPT/aesthetic wise Ive reminds me of SNSD (specially Genie / Hoot / Lion Heart) while XG is basically the equivalent of 2ne1 but like filled with bunch of CLs and NJ reminds me more of f(x) like with indie/artsy/dreamy influences :/ ...

Do you agree? Wdyt?

• I agree, Ive can, say, pull off a SNSD cover without issue. They both give me the leggy flight attendants vibe, lol.

XG is like 2NE1 in terms of being girl crush. Sound-wise XG's base is authentic American R&B/rap. They go hard.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

NJ has a soft R&B/house sound; whereas, I think aespa is the successor to f(x) sound-wise.

Though MHJ worked on some of the art direction for f(x) so you'll find some surface similarities especially in photo shoots and art videos, concept-wise for NJ, it'll be hard to put NJ in a box, and I feel that's MHJ's intention.

• :yesr: I agree. XG are next level :red-heart:

i think they're the best group quality wise with NJ. (In 4th gen specially)

And yes NJs music is somehow unheard of in kpop ggs. I only compared them to fx because of the indie inspiratons (mhj art director) and the more experimental quality of some of their music :-) .

• :yesr: I agree. XG are next level :red-heart:

i think they're the best group quality wise with NJ. (In 4th gen specially)

And yes NJs music is somehow unheard of in kpop ggs. I only compared them to fx because of the indie inspiratons (mhj art director) and the more experimental quality of some of their music :-) .

F(x) have some music that does remind of nj like milk and airplane for sure - wouldnt be surprised if that's one of mhj inspirations for nj. But fx also released a lot more risky and non gp friendly music like Red Light and Nu Abo something that I dont see nj doing.

Nj songs remind me of rv bsides but then again rv also have a lot more upbeat and quirky-sounding music as well. Their songs are pretty different from usual kpop - there's def a formula, but it's the first time this type of music is being curated so consistently by a kpop group.

Their similarity start with 2ne1 imo only because I think 2ne1 was the first gg (that I can remember) to curate a consistent image with sound and aesthetic. You heard about 2ne1 you knew what to expect and yet u were curious for the next release. Something similar u can see with bp's brand that was even more consistent and clear with the black and pink concept influencing everything about their music and image in the same way that looks (to me) that the bunny concept (harmless, adorable and everywhere) is subtly influencing everything abt nj.

I think Ive is a lot more similar to SNSD/T-ara not just image-wise but also bc their music and concepts show more versatility compared to most groups, they just shape their sound in a concept that looks flattering to them. However if u ask me which group inspired most in the creation of Ive i'd say it was Apink's mature trinity So Sick, %%, Duhrudum though the music isn't as hard hitting it's a similar vibe and aesthetic. Ive was planned with Yujin and Wonyoung in mind while they still were in Izone so it makes sense Starship wanted something feminine and trendy with gp friendly music that differentiated them from Izone while using Wonyoung and Yujin strenghts.

Ive's versatility is different to g idle's case that they also show versatility but more in a way that looks like they are playing with concepts.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited 2 times, last by catzi ().

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Damn. That performance was fkn great. I hadn't seen this yet.

Japanese dancers man, they're something else. So much attitude for a 17 years old Cocona :excited-bee::excited-bee:

---======---

• NewJeans is aesthetically late f(x) but music wise, they're closer to Bol4 if anybody

Speaking as a Loboly and tokki.. I don't hear the similarities between the two music wise, except for both being chill.. maybe it's bc of the tunes.? One is fun and lighthearted (more acoustic) while the other is uncanny and repetitive (more synthetic).. idk it's probably my imagination lol

• I agree, Ive can, say, pull off a SNSD cover without issue. They both give me the leggy flight attendants vibe, lol.

External Content youtu.be

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• F(x) have some music that does remind of nj like milk and airplane for sure - wouldnt be surprised if that's one of mhj inspirations for nj. But fx also released a lot more risky and non gp friendly music like Red Light and Nu Abo something that I dont see nj doing.

Nj songs remind me of rv bsides but then again rv also have a lot more upbeat and quirky-sounding music as well. Their songs are pretty different from usual kpop - there's def a formula, but it's the first time this type of music is being curated so consistently by a kpop group.

Their similarity start with 2ne1 imo only because I think 2ne1 was the first gg (that I can remember) to curate a consistent image with sound and aesthetic. You heard about 2ne1 you knew what to expect and yet u were curious for the next release. Something similar u can see with bp's brand that was even more consistent and clear with the black and pink concept influencing everything about their music and image in the same way that looks (to me) that the bunny concept (harmless, adorable and everywhere) is subtly influencing everything abt nj.

I think Ive is a lot more similar to SNSD/T-ara not just image-wise but also bc their music and concepts show more versatility compared to most groups, they just shape their sound in a concept that looks flattering to them. However if u ask me which group inspired most in the creation of Ive i'd say it was Apink's mature trinity So Sick, %%, Duhrudum though the music isn't as hard hitting it's a similar vibe and aesthetic. Ive was planned with Yujin and Wonyoung in mind while they still were in Izone so it makes sense Starship wanted something feminine and trendy with gp friendly music that differentiated them from Izone while using Wonyoung and Yujin strenghts.

Ive's versatility is different to g idle's case that they also show versatility but more in a way that looks like they are playing with concepts.

i agree, Ive is actually a mix of SNSD / Tara and a bit of late Apink :thumbup: but still main inspi is SNSD in my opinion, the later groups didn’t insist so much on luxurious tall beauties typa aesthetics.

And yes musically wise and also a bit concept wise NJ also has some RV influence. But NJ has a small Discography yet, and the fact that they have asap which is a bit experimental makes me think that they may continu in this direction in the future.

And this dreamy/indie/surreal concept NJ has sometimes just reminds me more of fx overall :wellr:.

• Bol4? Im not sure man. Bol4 is like pop rock or smth. NJ is not. The only thing in common is a chill sound overall. :/

Chiller sound and imo, kind of resembling the earlier lighter days of Bol4, like Some and Galaxy. Plus a smash hit regardless

Not a super strong resemblance but I can't think of any kpop act that really is musically similar

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!