How boring was KPop in 2007 so that a lame song like "Tell Me"-Wonder Girls top all the charts?

• Personally, I miss some of K-pop’s old school corniness and jankiness. Nowadays songs are so sleek and groomed for global popularity. But maybe I’m just a 2nd gen geezer.

Also, Tell Me had one of the best choreographies in all of K-pop. The dance is easy, memorable and fits the song like a glove.

A worthy classic. And changed the face of Korean music!

• i mean why tf are you posting video link

no youtube video from that era had good audio

look at the video quality itself ffs

and people actually taking the bait

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

very pleasant sounding song

dont see whats "wrong" unless everything that doesnt sound super layered is supposed to be bad

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Lol, girl is 2007, not 1960. Btw, this still sound lame.

• Personally, I miss some of K-pop’s old school corniness and jankiness. Nowadays songs are so sleek and groomed for global popularity. But maybe I’m just a 2nd gen geezer.

Also, Tell Me had one of the best choreographies in all of K-pop. The dance is easy, memorable and fits the song like a glove.

A worthy classic. And changed the face of Korean music!

100% me.

I miss the old school era.

I even did a whole thread the other day on this exact topic.

Everything is too slick and refined now.

I miss that old school lack of polish.

• So we are comparing a remasterd HD quality MV with an old 480p video? Alright.

Even if Tell Me is not any of my favorite songs, it's still a master piece compared to a lot of the songs today.

Technoly and music have developed a lot since then, but that don't alway mean it's much better.

But sure, it was much much fewer groups back then at the start of the 2nd genaration of girlgroups before it exploded with groups during the years 2009-2011.

• Well... I know that for Super Junior, four of the members ended in a car accident... and Kyuhyun had a surgery, where he only had 20% chance to live.

And then there also was this controversy about Henry being added to Super Junior-M and ELFs being furious about him.

That doesn't sound quite boring to me...

and they had the angsty song Don't Don. (I don't know if this song is a product of it's time or ahead of it's time...)

And well... I remember seeing Heechul dancing to Tell Me in a variety show from 2007-2008. (I remember finding that variety show fun and educational)

• So we are comparing a remasterd HD quality MV with an old 480p video? Alright.

Even if Tell Me is not any of my favorite songs, it's still a master piece compared to a lot of the songs today.

Technoly and music have developed a lot since then, but that don't alway mean it's much better.

But sure, it was much much fewer groups back then at the start of the 2nd genaration of girlgroups before it exploded with groups during the years 2009-2011.

Jesus, it was 2007, Not 1960. Korean television also broadcasted this 480p video in that time?

• Listen to the superior version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But I agree WGs have much better songs. But it's thanks to Tell me they shot to fame so it served its purpose :pepelove2:

• Korean television also broadcasted this 480p video in that time?

Check out this 1080p performance on Music Core from 2007:

What's interesting is that the clip above has better video quality (there's less macroblocking) than a performance on the same show *from last week*:

• Jesus, it was 2007, Not 1960. Korean television also broadcasted this 480p video in that time?

I guess you are young? You must understand not everyone had high speed internet at that time. A lot of vidoes on youtube had low quality because of that. Also companies ,did not want to put too good quality on the net because the was still selling their music on CDs, streaming was not still a huge thing back then. Today they understand they need to be on Youtube to promote it, that was not really the case in the early days of Youtube. You must understand Youtube started 2005, just two years before this. 2007 Youtube was not as huge as it today, and probably not many koreans have heard about it 2007......

For an example an other 480p MV.....

Girls' Generation 소녀시대 'Kissing You' MV
    Girls' Generation’s 1st full length album “Girls' Generation" has been released.Listen and download on iTunes#소녀시대 #GIRLSGENERATION #GG #SNSD #KissingYou #Ba...
    youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!