Does you kpop fandom(s) mean anything to you?

• To be honest, for me fandom doesn’t mean much. I actively avoid following anything but update accounts or news accounts on twitter to avoid having to see “fandom discourse”.

I’m generally someone who likes kpop overall so I tend to like a lot of different groups and artists, and a lot of the time those various fandoms are fighting with each other, feuding, acting a damn fool by dragging each other etc.

At one point I completely stopped listening to kpop for a long time (years) and it was mostly because of fandom politics and just losing all enjoyment of the music because of it.

Now, I got back into kpop and I’m really enjoying it, but I pretty much lost most of my association or ties to any fandom and just freely enjoy the music. I think it’s the best way.

Although then I question why I’m even in here lol.

• Well even though there are a few more artists i listen to i consider myself only as an exo-l. I actively follow news, exo-l fanbases and accounts. I don't have any friends who is a kpop fan in real life so i like that i can share my joy, sadness, have discussions with different people and also show my support this way. i can say i feel a sense if comradeship hehe. I usually try to avoid fanwars or toxic people and only focus on exo. And also i made some exo-l friends here they are so nice and fun. We dont only talk about exo but everything including music, tv shows, games and even our personal life. We never met in real life but we talk to each other almost every day especially when exo is active :pepelove1:

• I think it depends but at the ssame time I agree with you a lot and we think the same.I used to be heavily obsessed and involved in the fandoms if I'm honest but I had to step away.

Now, you will rarely see me in this forum, but since I deleted reddit and twitter recently I've been so much happier!

A lot of my idols are in / coming out of military, and one group had a issue with their agency and it was overwhelming to know what happened, (so glad they are doing better now though!).

I only have YouTube for idols and if I'm super bored I'll come here to check out the news but that's it, I used to have WeVerse, Twitter, Reddit and Instagram so I totally get what you mean with the political' side of it lol. A lot of me has turned to soloists though and stepped away from big fandoms, I'm not sure if I count myself apart of the fanclubs of the groups, but I enjoy supporting their music for sure

• i'm the same as you i only follow official accounts a few friends here and there. i stay away from any stupid drama. i'm a huge bg multi and i'm not going to hate on a group just because another fandom does. fandom wars are ridiculous especially when time and time again these groups prove they are close/friends...yet the fandoms still wanna come up with some narrative and start fighting each other like...embarrassing.

• Most ARMY are decent people. Stop thinking Twitter Army are all there is. Same goes for all fandoms,

Anyway, I've met a fair number of ARMY both online and in real life and are even good friends with some. As an extrovert, I have no trouble starting a convo and making friends, but it's always just that much easier when you know you share interests with the other person you are talking to, so I really like meeting up and hanging out.

So am I ARMY? Yup. But it doesn't define me, it's just another part of me. I like BTS. I like a lot of other things too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!