Aprils "bullying scandal" is BS. Here is the truth (tw:sui****)

• Okay, first, don't talk about what you don't understand.

If their employee has been completely silent and they're suing her instead of the people who were actually talking, then good luck with that case. Hence "named the wrong defendant", you name the person who is ACTUALLY causing economic damages, not the one being silent. Second, what are they suing her for? You actually do have to have a cause of action to bring a case. Breach of contract? For what, she hasn't done anything she hadn't been doing and they hadn't been tolerating before, and that arguably invalidates their contract claims because of prior tolerance. She hasn't done anything else, so good luck with finding a cause of action. I used "slander" in a casual, not legal context, she doesn't have a cause for slander (yet, but give them time because they're getting there the more they go in on this).

If I were their legal counsel I'd tell the company to shut the hell up (and I'm sure that's what their lawyers are currently saying, hence few statements yet about the situation). Lol, as part of a law firm we're always telling clients to shut the hell up. They don't always listen, but we try.

They surely filled a lawsuit for defamation which could backfire with Hyunjoo not saying anything publicly. Still if she helped her brother with the statements and they can't prove the bullying they are in the losing side.

We don't even know what is the lawsuit (they even only state legal actions) so i don't think we need to dig that deep.

This is a link to the last DSP statement with the legal action part : akplink

They claim Hyunjoo and her mother were working behind the scene but this is probably not defamation.

• Again, don't talk about what you don't understand.

Defamation would require actual speech. Silence is not speech. "Working behind the scenes" is also not speech. Defamation is by definition speech that causes monetary damages. Breach of contract is more likely if they actually sue her, but I doubt they will.

• Again, don't talk about what you don't understand.

Defamation would require actual speech. Silence is not speech. "Working behind the scenes" is also not speech. Defamation is by definition speech that causes monetary damages. Breach of contract is more likely if they actually sue her, but I doubt they will.

I didn't say it was lol. And its not like they will automatically lose the lawsuit with that. If this is a defamation lawsuit they will need to investigate the bullying accusations. I supposed DSP wanted to win that.

No way they go the Breach of contract route, unless Hyunjoo did something we don't know she didn't break anything

• I think that people are treating the girls too harshly i mean they were literally teens between the age of 13 and 17, everyone knows that everyone is immature at that age. When i was 13 i used to fight with my friends all the time , teenage years are the hardest years in someone's life and people are judging them as if they were growing adults what the heck

• I didn't say it was lol. And its not like they will automatically lose the lawsuit with that. If this is a defamation lawsuit they will need to investigate the bullying accusations. I supposed DSP wanted to win that.

No way they go the Breach of contract route, unless Hyunjoo did something we don't know she didn't break anything

What? This post makes no legal sense. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, I deal with these suits on a day-in, day-out basis because I work as a paralegal, I know what defamation means and what it's not. And yeah, it literally does mean they would automatically lose. In US courts, it would be the simplest summary judgment motion anyone ever wrote. Because defamation requires speech. If they sue the brother, they might have a case (likely not, because good luck proving no bullying happened when your press release basically admitted it, but he's actually said something and there are plausible damages, so maybe). But suing her? GL with that, lol.

Breach of contract, if she's not performing with the group, maybe. Unlikely, because like I said their previous tolerance probably kills their case, but it's better than 'defamation'.

• What? This post makes no legal sense. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, I deal with these suits on a day-in, day-out basis because I work as a paralegal, I know what defamation means and what it's not. And yeah, it literally does mean they would automatically lose. In US courts, it would be the simplest summary judgment motion anyone ever wrote. Because defamation requires speech. If they sue the brother, they might have a case (likely not, because good luck proving no bullying happened when your press release basically admitted it, but he's actually said something and there are plausible damages, so maybe). But suing her? GL with that, lol.

Breach of contract, if she's not performing with the group, maybe. Unlikely, because like I said their previous tolerance probably kills their case, but it's better than 'defamation'.

They didn't admit bullying lol. Still if they can't get the defamation lawsuit on her they definitely can on the brother cz this whole scandal was covered heavily in the medias and social medias. And she probably helped her brother write the statements.

Breach of Contract maybe but it would be far in the past probably, as she has been working fine as an actress until now.

• Aristophenes makes good points.
    That makes it look like Hyunjoo's camp made sure that she won't be directly linked to the accusations. DSP won't go with Breach of Contract, so it may really be defamation.

If they named Hyunjoo in their legal action, then it's pretty much a given that they have something that can link her to the accusations. There's no reason their legal team would be as clueless as us, nor gamble on a potentially losing case even after Hyunjoo's camp refused to reach an agreement.

At this point I don't think DSP is interested in public opinion anymore. They believe that "Hyunjoo insisted on her one-sided claims that she was the victim and demanded a statement that was far from the truth". They would most likely be pursuing this case just to exonerate their other artists from a false/exaggerated accusation by another. After all, April and Hyunjoo's contracts are going to expire soon within the year.

• You've clearly never been in a group project where one kid doesn't do shit, it's very frustrating. Hyunjoo never wanted to be an idol, she was always in it to be an actress and she didn't want to train and work as an idol. And no one tries to commit suicide because they were isolated from a group, the girl had problems way before April.

I literally majored in university so I know that people can be a pain in the ass. I know more than 6 people who commit suicide in my old school because they have been isolated. People act differently and it is very ignorant to just be like meh suck it up. There are different ways to deal with such situations that do not involve any isolating and bullying.

• I think that people are treating the girls too harshly i mean they were literally teens between the age of 13 and 17, everyone knows that everyone is immature at that age. When i was 13 i used to fight with my friends all the time , teenage years are the hardest years in someone's life and people are judging them as if they were growing adults what the heck

Okay but like fighting with your friends shouldn't lead to one of them being pushed to the point of attempting suicide ... I don't know why so many April fans try to forget that part of the story. She almost took her own life because of what happened to her while she was in April. The ages don't matter when shit as serious as suicide happens. There's no excuse.

• "She almost took her own life because of what happened to her while she was in April"

- This is still a claim by Hyunjoo's camp, not something that has been proven true nor false so far.

The medical report only states mental/behavioral issues due to drug overdose, and since they only showed a portion of the report, we cannot determine the full details of her admission if it was indeed a suicide attempt, plain drunkenness, or use of illegal drugs. It also does not indicate that the reason, if it was a suicide attempt, was bullying; for all we know Hyunjoo might be suffering from other issues but used the report to bolster her allegation.

It's very easy to believe Hyunjoo's allegations especially when seeing the medical report and the edited clips without any context. The challenge in this issue is being open to the possibility that the accuser might be making a false/exaggerated claim, because the ex-DSP staff and ex-DSP artist are consistent in their allegation that Hyunjoo has work and attitude issues, and does not listen nor talk to the other members.

It's all a matter of who we side with, we have no clear proof as it stands. That said, I side with DSP/April in this issue because:

1: The medical report is not a proof of bullying

2: Their side's statements are consistent, detail-based and not written to appeal to emotion

3: Edited video clips are not proof of bullying because they are taken out of context, as seen in other past scandals/issues

4: Hyunjoo has not made any direct statements, and while she may face a lawsuit if she does so, if she stands by her allegation and knows it to be the truth she should not be afraid to speak out and face DSP in public and in court. Public sympathy is already on her side, she has already destroyed the careers of her bullies, and many supporters have already declared financial and legal aid in her favor. There's no more reason for her to hide and use other people; she can even accuse DSP for breach of contract for not protecting her from bullying.

• I feel so uncomfortable by people saying "Oh this side is definitely right" about something this serious. Let's not speculate and instead hope some solid evidence comes out one way or the other because as it stands now we can't for sure say that April are bullies or that Hyunjoo was just being "sensitive"

I sure hope most people think that way, because going to April-related content elsewhere makes you think that April was already guilty on all counts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!