Sharing my unwanted opinion on 4th gen Boy Groups

• I rarely listen to 4th gen boy groups these days, but whenever I do, it's usually only because I hear a part of the song somewhere, and it sounds good to me. But then, I'll search for the song to listen to, only for the song to be ruined by this horrible talk-rap/chanty chorus that continuously breaks up the flow of the music.

The most recent examples I can think of are TXT and Enhypen.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the part I am talking about is at 1:13

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the part in this one is 0:37.

It's disappointing, especially when listening to Bite Me because the vocal parts are SO good, smooth, and perfect. Then, just as it's marinating, in comes the grating chant talk chorus. It's like listening to a record scratch.

To further emphasize my point, when I think about songs in the same vein as these (i.e smooth, sensual) but from older generations, you can note the difference.

I feel like THIS is what those songs were supposed to be giving. And yes, both songs have short rap breaks, but that's all they are. Short rap breaks that aren't a part of the chorus. They only come at the end and pretty much function as the climax. I can't help but feel if Growl or Mirotic put out during the 4th gen they would have lost a lot of their appeal with the way they make songs these days.

The funny thing about this is that I often see girl groups get called out about their unnecessary rap verses and stuff like that, but boy groups often get a pass.

• I agree about enhypens but it grew on me no issues with txt I listen to bgs from 2nd to 4th gen I love a variety of music and stan over 30 bgs so I don't fully agree with your opinions.

Stan trendz, elast, bae173 and xodiac for good health

External Content m.youtube.com

External Content m.youtube.com

edit: since i was at work.

I believe that many people miss out on great music by not listening to groups from smaller companies. I can give you an example of every 4th gen group I listen to, because there's so much great music out there. As someone who stans 3 different generations of music and J-Pop I firmly believe that people just overlook things.

Anyways If you feel interested then feel free to check it out, of course what I post is my favorite songs by each group so I encourage people to check out their discography.

I mean ya'll are missing out on good shit like this

• you should check out this song it's the only decent song from a 4th gen boy group this year. I didn't like their older music but this subunit is promising

• Raps are EASILY the best parts of GG songs. And that's for every concept, not just BP's girl crush. Cutesy, sexy, elegant, high teen, it doesnt matter, GG raps are catchy af most of the time.

But you might have a point when it comes to BG songs. Unless it's a full on rap song like some of SKZ or BTS hits, i find most BG rap parts unnecessary.

I'm still waiting for SKZ to make a rap song as good as this masterpiece, one of the best BG songs in all of Kpop history ;( .

• It's a little disruptive, but TXT's is actually supposed to disrupt the flow of the track on purpose because it represents an internal battle with addiction. In the chorus they fall prey to the sweet temptation, then Kai yells "get away!" and they come to their senses a little and try to resist during the "sugar rush-ush" part, failing the first time but succeeding the 2nd time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!