Should Kep1er's Chaehyun become a solo idol like Eunbi or join a group after Kep1er's contract expiration?

• Should Kep1er become a solo idol like Eunbi or join a group after Kep1er's contract expiration? 11

1. Go solo (2) 18%
    2. Join group (9) 82%

There's some idols who are built for being in a group like Wonyoung, others can find some level success as solo idols, ie. Chaeyeon, Yena, Eunbi. Like Eunbi she's more of a vocalist than dancer/performer, so she can follow in her footsteps.

• Do we have kepler fans here?

Is chaehyun popular? I honestly have no idea. I don't listen to them but on social media everyone talks only about xiaoting or bahiyyih; and yes, I'm aware that means nothing

BlackpinkHouse

You are everyone's go to source regarding izone ^^ was eunbi popular in izone, popular enough to go solo? And how is her career going? One more thing i have no idea ^^

• I think if she stayed with wakeone, she will likely become soloist, the same path as Jo Yuri who also on wakeone.

The thing is, it's still unknown whether there are any company that want to took her in..

BlackpinkHouse

You are everyone's go to source regarding izone ^^ was eunbi popular in izone, popular enough to go solo? And how is her career going? One more thing i have no idea ^^

Idk about sales number or Instagram liked numbers, but if it was about the general impression, I think eunbi is on the mid lvl in term of popularity amongst wizone (the one who will become rubies in her future career).

I also found this old tweets that could somewhat paint the gist of it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's like she was big for the amongst ifans back in the day, but k-wiz prefers other more than her. So it's even? (I also remembered that on the final vote she is around rank 5-7)

She was on mid in popularity but her kind of "mid" is great enough to beat nugus in GR (not to mention that she played the character really well)

For her current career? I guess it's kinda stable? Like she is not had a huge leap but more of step by step. One of her charts account said her latest song is still growing in numbers, not a huge one, but steadily

• She was on mid in popularity but her kind of "mid" is great enough to beat nugus in GR (not to mention that she played the character really well)

So she was mid in a super popular group. Not bad!

As for kepler; if I'm not mistaken they aren't really popular in korea. I also have no idea which member is popular there or if someone went viral. Going solo in korea seems really tough to me.

On solo career related matter, I'm interesting in seeing how will jini do

• So she was mid in a super popular group. Not bad!

As for kepler; if I'm not mistaken they aren't really popular in korea. I also have no idea which member is popular there or if someone went viral. Going solo in korea seems really tough to me.

On solo career related matter, I'm interesting in seeing how will jini do

Also I think kpop stans are somewhat used to big numbers to the point that they will disregard non 6 digit numbers. Some mid groups are actually living fine altho they never touch the charts high, appearing in news, etc. I think when you are mid-popular idols, it will somehow just like other common jobs. It gives you enough for a living, you just can't instantly buy a big house/mansion.

Yuri is the main money maker in her family. So I think Chaehyun will still doing fine in life by becoming a soloist. Heck, we don't even know if in the future she will had a viral song or not. Jini will also doing fine I guess.

Also being a soloist from a kpop group is actually a huge start if you see it from the perspective of soloist who starts from scratch. Good vocal and good visual is not enough when the spotlight isn't shining to you, yet.

(Hence, many are participating in singing contests or shows, or even trying to become an idol too)

• Slightly out of topic but Top 5 most popular members in Izone and Kep1er has really huge popularity gap.

Izone:

Sakura, Wonyoung, Minju, Chaewon were the solid top 4. Not really sure who's in the 5th one bc it kinda change between few members.

Kep1er:

Xiaoting, Bahiyyih, Chaehyun, Hikaru, Dayeon/Yujin

By just showing this, I think most of people here already understand how big the difference is.

I think in Kep1er, only Xiaoting and Hikaru really have fans with huge spending power. Bahiyyih situation is similar with Chaeyeon. Being talk alot but didnt really sell well anywhere. Both of them were always among the bottom in the popularity (fanbase) in Japan, Korea and China which she's in top 5 in kep1er but chaeyeon was in bottom 3 in Izone. That says alot.

For Chaehyun, she's obviously will going to the solo routes bc of her company but it will be better for her if she's in a group instead. She's kinda uninteresting to watch when she's alone and with Kep1er popularity now, I don't think she will doing that well as a soloist. Or she can just venture to acting department.

• 5th in Izone alternated between Yujin, Yena and Yuri i think. We're talking the leader of Ive and a CF and tv show queen, the best soloist in 4th gen, and Yuri who not only outsells 90 percent of Kpop groups by herself but also got herself the biggest acting gig in Kpop.

That shows just how effing huge Izone was, it's the greatest Kpop group ever assembled. Imagine your "mid tier" members being Yuri, Yena and Yujin lol.

Is chaehyun popular? I honestly have no idea. I don't listen to them but on social media everyone talks only about xiaoting or bahiyyih; and yes, I'm aware that means nothing

BlackpinkHouse

des answered it well, Eunbi was mid to low tier in Izone. My guess somewhere between 7-9. She's been selling about 40-60k for each of her comebacks, which is plenty enough for a solo female singer not from a huge Big 3 group, Chungha did like 10-20k.

I think she's basically achieved what most of us expected, not much digital impact but enough fandom support and enough all around talent to be booked and busy. She's the new radio DJ for Wendy's radio show.

• I disagree. A group is always better, if especially if its a good group.

While they have had some success, its a hard slog solo. Chungha and Kang Daniel from the Produce series have had the best success as soloists, but they have kinda faded now. In a good group, you are guaranteed success for 7+ years.

Yena's debut was a fantastic hit, but other than that all the other releases by all three them haven't really been hits. Yuri got lucky with her acting gig, and hopefully its a lead role. Its not their companies sux, its is just very competitive and harder as a soloist.

Say all 3 had somehow joined lesserafim as well 12 months ago, it would have been a super group.

BlackpinkHouse

Thing is

1. iz*one was amongst the top in terms of popularity while kep1er is a mid tier group

2. eunbi has been in the industry for a while so she has connections with the people who can make shit happen

• A group is not always better lol. Eunbi sells more than 10 times more than rocket punch on her own. How would a group in her case be better? People were saying she doesn’t have what it takes to be solo, but she’s in a better position than she would’ve been if she was in a group. Same with Yena and Yuri. Only if a big company takes you, a group will have guaranteed succes or else you have to carry a flop group. It’s true that kep1er members don’t have the same popularity but tbh, in the worst case scenario flopping on your own is better than flopping with a group cause you have to share what you make. And I don’t see any of them being taken by a big company tbh let alone pull a lsf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!