The purpose of challenges isn’t just for the dance to go viral on tiktok/social media

• Idk why people keep saying this. If it does go viral that’s good of course and I’m sure companies want their songs go viral like that but that doesn’t mean that’s the only purpose of dance challenges.

It also just gives exposure to the song and artist itself.

Kai’s rover dance/sound didn’t go viral like say Jisoo Flower but it certainly gave a lot of visibility to Kai himself.

Rover out performed peaches by a large margin and also out performed mmmh. It literally rose after he did challenges.

Idol interaction can just be another form of promo. A song can become viral because of said promo but being viral and the promo giving exposure are both possible outcomes of the challenge.

Stop thinking of challenges as a means to a viral audio or trend. And just look at it as another form of promo that many enjoy. You may not and that’s ok but I love seeing literally everyone and their mother dance to Rover

And when Kai danced to hype boy that was literally the only reason I checked out new jeans and decided to give them a chance :angryr: :cryingr:

Some of us are indeed influenced to check out other people if our favs interact with them in any capacity. And that’s going to cause the over all exposure to the song/artist increase.

• I just can't be bothered to hate it when I remember countless variety shows in gen 2 where there was just a dedicated section of "dance to the hot son out right now"

And these tiktok challenges are no different from the point dances of yesteryear.

I just can't see the difference in being mad at everyone doing the queencard dance battle but having no awareness that everyone was doing the Mister butt wiggle and Abracadabra hip thrust.

• if sad turbulent Kai did not dance to rover 100 times with other successful idols, his song would be in nugudom on par with turbulent flop jimin. What is the point of challenges ? It is to make that idols song more popular. Why would companies make their sad idols dance with other sad idols just to gain nothing from it. I'm sure Kai is happy he had to do that one dance move over and over again as his song blew up tremendously. Without his dancing and dedication, exo would only make 5 dollars and a dream. Idols main goal is to make their songs viral on tiktok, that is why turbulent sad music like flower and rover are being made. To be catchy and viral.

🧍😸🧍

• if sad turbulent Kai did not dance to rover 100 times with other successful idols, his song would be in nugudom on par with turbulent flop jimin. What is the point of challenges ? It is to make that idols song more popular. Why would companies make their sad idols dance with other sad idols just to gain nothing from it. I'm sure Kai is happy he had to do that one dance move over and over again as his song blew up tremendously. Without his dancing and dedication, exo would only make 5 dollars and a dream. Idols main goal is to make their songs viral on tiktok, that is why turbulent sad music like flower and rover are being made. To be catchy and viral.

Where is your Kai badge

• From being an exo stan to casual listener who still likes to support EXO I think I totally agree with you, with challenges I heard of new idols I haven't before thanks to Wonho's blue challenges and Crazy. If it weren't for him I would have never heard of those idols.

So I think it's definitely the same with Kai, we all know Kai is a hard worker and great dancer, his comeback did really well and we should be happy with the number's we achieved as not a lot of artists from smaller companies or soloists are able to reach what he did and that is so cool to see!

I am no longer on TIK TOK so I can't give a full opinion about it or know what people have been saying, but that's just what I think.

"Respect your efforts, Respect yourself".

AJ Lai liked my comment ᡣ𐭩 SURL liked my comment ᡣ𐭩 The Credit liked my comment ᡣ𐭩 Chanwoo Bang replied to me. /893__Jung Daehyun liked my comment ᡣ𐭩 Moon Jongup liked my comment ᡣ𐭩 Do Hanse Liked my YT Comment (x2) ᡣ𐭩 Wyatt (ONF) hearted my fanletter (x2), Shinwon (PTG) hearted my fan letter, Hong Eunki hearted my Youtube comment (2024)

• The main reason is to hope it goes viral that's why they are called "Challenges" and not "Covers".

Having Celebrities participate aims at increasing the network of eyes whom might take up the "Challenge", it's one of the factors that aids toward viral marketting.

• It also just gives exposure to the song and artist itself.

It's... always like that isn't it?

Anw, if I might add, other than giving a visibility for the artist of the song, it also pretty useful for a nugu groups when they do this tiktok vids from a more known artist.

The thing that I want to find out is, which one will be more impactful:

Nugus doing a more known artist's challenge

Or more known artist doing nugu's challenge

(Sadly I haven't got the energy to do that yet 😭)

• the purpose of challenges is to try to make the song go viral on tiktok/youtube shorts/IG...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!