[instiz] Korean netizens react to the "unfair" tier ranking system introduced on 'Queendom Puzzle'

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the preview episode, the viewers were introduced to all the contestants and were also presented with a ranking system. As soon as the contestants entered the show stage, they were already allocated to different tiers, which were ranked based on music show wins and album performance results.

1686070331-image.png

The scoring for each female idol was structured so that two equal factors influenced it. Specifically, 50% of their score derived from the number of times they achieved a number 1 ranking on a music program. Simultaneously, the remaining 50% of the score was based on their total first-week album sales.

Korean netizens were baffled after the preview episode aired because the girls were placed in four different tiers during public broadcasting even before the official competition began.

Netizens commented,

"This is too much"

"Tiers? This is crossing the line"

"This is so unfair"

"I never thought they would rank them in tiers"

"This is so crazy"

"How can they bring in tiers?"

"Hul~"

"Is Mnet crazy?"

"That makes no sense that they would rank them that way"

"Need to boycott Mnet for sure"

"Mnet shows always have controversy"

"The standard they ranked them is weird too"

"This broadcast is so good at causing drama"

'It seems meaningless to rank them this way"

Korean netizens react to the "unfair" tier ranking system introduced on 'Queendom Puzzle'
    'Queendom Puzzle' is already creating a buzz on various online communities and social media platforms after Ep. 0, the preview episode of the highly …
    www.allkpop.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yikes.

I mean, this is reality, but I wouldn't want to see this.

What's the point of the ranking system anyway? Does it have any bearing on who will be in the final group?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yikes.

I mean, this is reality, but I wouldn't want to see this.

What's the point of the ranking system anyway? Does it have any bearing on who will be in the final group?

as for now it's all hard to tell

this was in the teaser

trailer.jpg

this scene wasn't included yet in episode 0

I think that episode 0, mostly highlight of it will be re-broadcasted in episode 1, and then more performances will be added

then probably in episode 2 we will still be watching performances as well, and later the scenes from the photo which I posted will be included

I don't know if it's a spoiler or not but if you look here at titles... maybe it's a suggestion who will be ranked top after solo stages, and who was ranked lower? maybe the score of whole UP & Down voting is kind of mixed with this pre-rank pyramid?

Pick on the TOP

Drop the Beat

• This show will be shitty and Mnet will have full power most of these girls come from little company they'll not protect them. And if Mnet does evil edit some girls will take some serious shit storm without big fandom for protect them. This show is just an highway to hell for them. :skull:

• Be it that you're #1 or #4 on the list, it probably won't feel good. If you're #1, it'll be embarrassing to lose to those who's #4. And if you're #4, well, Mnet already shown you to the world.

This is KPOP. We eat and consume the good bits of it, but don't like it when people actually show us the process.

---======---

• they were already allocated to different tiers, which were ranked based on music show wins

This doesn't seem quite right, since the vast majority of the contestants do not have *any* music show wins:

I‍z*One: 2‍6 wins

M‍omoland: 11 wins

A‍OA: 10 wins

W‍JSN: 9 wins

L‍ovelyz: 4 wins

C‍LC: 2 wins

L‍aboum: 1 win

C‍herry Bullet: 0 wins

F‍yeqoodgurl: 0 wins

H‍1-K‍ey: 0 wins

L‍ightsum: 0 wins

N‍MB48: 0 wins

P‍urple Kiss: 0 wins

R‍ocket Punch: 0 wins

T‍ripleS: 0 wins

W‍eeekly: 0 wins

W‍eki Meki: 0 wins

W‍oo!ah!: 0 wins

• They should just start from scratch.

I suspect though, that they do this to make things more dramatic in the first few episodes.

Look at this contestant, no music show wins but going up!

Look at this contestant, many music show wins but failing!

Same thing when JYP artificially demoted Jihyo in the beginning of Sixteen for drama, to show: "Even though she has been here for 10 years, she is now demoted!"

• yeah that person only talked about music show wins

it was also about accolades?

like for example Weeekly won 2020 MAMA Rookie Award

so they've also took award shows into consideration as well as some views/streams, if the songs went viral etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!