Can ZB1 have their debut showcase at Gocheok Dome?

• So both Wanna One and X1 had their debut showcases at Gocheok Dome. It's one of SK's largest domes with a capacity of 20,000+.

Currently, only a handful of idol groups have had concerts/fanmeetings there - EXO, BTS, Big Bang, Sechs Kies, NCT 127, and ofc Wanna One and X1. NCT Dream was also scheduled to perform there before they had to cancel due to COVID.

Will ZB1 continue the Produce boy groups' tradition with a Gocheok performance?

Pros:

- Over 60k people applied to watch the live finale at Jamsil Stadium.

- The BP finale was broadcast on CGV screens in Seoul and all tickets were sold out in under 2 minutes.

- ZB1 have a huge Japanese fanbase (all their KCON Japan photocards are selling for minimum $100 with popular members like Hao, Jiwoong, Gunwook going for almost $300). Japanese fans can easily make the trip to Korea to fill up the venue.

- Their Korean fanbase also seems to be big

Cons:

- BP's popularity is not as big as the Produce seasons

What do you think?

• woah they are that big? :woow: could be a big rival for 4th gen bgs

The crowd at airport at 7am this morning for them wasn't a joke for a group not debuted yet.

AVvXsEjhNSBXxMckrJntbIMaZeEyD_K5Y83xJnObr86rLsxmaIErUPJp_k3Lf4ZEg7ZCKyCJN779oPxAR_EEeL73P-FnxbXCXTdLZqbd7erhWJmnOHyxy7WmtlGyfjBy-nF1bbosyICLDFNwT-jCE7-_HC0ceyr-SoQzVE-OurvgnhOr27HbXuYD7bBtINVc=s16000

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• Before the airport mobbing I would've been hesitant but... my god their popularity is crazy in korea! I also saw that Boys Planet is the 2nd/3rd (depends on how u look at it) most followed mnet survival show on Melon now so I don't think it's popularity was far behind pdx 101 anyway

• I just saw the airport craziness on TW. I remember reading they actually charted on Melon for a presumably predebut song? Or their Produce song?

Definitely seems like they're a real threat to SKZ, TXT, and Enhypen. Actually, i wonder if it's Dream that has the most to be worried about - i think they're the biggest group at least among the really young demographic in Korea.

• I just saw the airport craziness on TW. I remember reading they actually charted on Melon for a presumably predebut song? Or their Produce song?

Definitely seems like they're a real threat to SKZ, TXT, and Enhypen. Actually, i wonder if it's Dream that has the most to be worried about - i think they're the biggest group at least among the really young demographic in Korea.

Worried is a big word but tbh, if korean fans are the same as some international fans in that they're dropping their og group for ZB1... then they could def chip away a good chunk of some fandoms? But idk

And I hope, they could bring the competition.

Because the 4th gen bg scene is mostly hybe group

It was one of the 5 songs of the 3rd round

It peaked on top 30, but dropped quickly, charted for a bit over a month though

Overall 4 songs of their songs charted on circle weekly chart: Say My Name (#58), Over Me (#179), En garde (#185) and Jelly Pop (#162)

• To say, they could fill gocheok dome but will wakeone be smart and use it or will they use another place with less places getting the hate of the fans ><

Mnet/CJ held X1's debut showcase at Gocheok despite all the bad press and hate they were getting at the time so it wouldn't surprise me tbh

Since Dream grew gradually, I don't think they have anything to worry about tbh.

In an ideal world, we'll have several boy groups thriving at the same time like the ggs now. But idk if that can happen

• Worried is a big word but tbh, if korean fans are the same as some international fans in that they're dropping their og group for ZB1... then they could def chip away a good chunk of some fandoms? But idk

I remember when Wanna One debuted, SO MANY fansites of other male idols disappeared making fans worry, only to find out they'd become Wanna One fansites instead. It was hilarious to watch in real time lol

• they should do it in same venue in which Boys Planet finale was set

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I remember when Wanna One debuted, SO MANY fansites of other male idols disappeared making fans worry, only to find out they'd become Wanna One fansites instead. It was hilarious to watch in real time lol

I remember that lol

Almost every mid sized 3rd gen boygroups simply stopped growing for one year because Wanna One was drowning all kpop fans in Korea to themselves lol

Let's see if the sales of other Boygroups will stop growing for a while after ZB1 debuts

• I don't think ZB1 will take away fanbases of international faves like skz or Enhypen tbh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!