Korean government to release 1.5 million commemorative stamps in honour of BTS' 10 year anniversary on 13th June

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another way for them to make money off BTS

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Korean government to release 1.5mn commemorative stamps in honour of BTS' 10 year anniversary” to “Korean government to release 1.5 million commemorative stamps in honour of BTS' 10 year anniversary on 13th June”.
  • i have to applaud the korean government's insistency to pursue ways to milk/use bts without actually respecting what bts has done for them. it's almost a talent!

• The SK government must have been planning this for a while now. Cashing in on BTS must have been a regular part of their quarterly meetings. I wonder if they even talk about how to cash in using kpop groups, other than BTS. After all, there's a lot of current as well as up and coming BTS wanna be.

What a price BTS have to pay for being South Korea's national treasure aka "milking cow". :cursing::cursing:

Top 30 Full Body Eye Roll GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• A better gift would be their release and the arrest of the commentators who cried for their service and the rabid conservative congressmen.

• at the very least they could have made some effort and design something new and pretty rather than just reuse existing album covers and photos about the members ;judgingpepe:

• The SK government must have been planning this for a while now. Cashing in on BTS must have been a regular part of their quarterly meetings. I wonder if they even talk about how to cash in using kpop groups, other than BTS. After all, there's a lot of current as well as up and coming BTS wanna be.

What a price BTS have to pay for being South Korea's national treasure aka "milking cow". :cursing::cursing:

Top 30 Full Body Eye Roll GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

BTS is the fourth Kpop act to receive commemorative stamps; SNSD and Big Bang received stamps in the early 2010s, and Psy received a set in 2012.

• BTS is the fourth Kpop act to receive commemorative stamps; SNSD and Big Bang received stamps in the early 2010s, and Psy received a set in 2012.

Except for Psy, all others have retired or disbanded. As I said, in this era, maybe they should use existing or up and coming groups and celebrate Hallyu Wave or something related to Korea’s cultural movement instead of focusing on BTS 10th Anniversary.

The intent is pretty obvious.

• and folks we're back with another episode of : SK government is trying to make money out of BTS

damn well that fucked up. like i like the stamps & all (i'd buy it & maybe will) but like can they STOP TRYING TO PROFIT OFF OF BTS ?!?! like i understand they need BTS to make money but can they at least give them a break after using them last year?

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Except for Psy, all others have retired or disbanded. As I said, in this era, maybe they should use existing or up and coming groups and celebrate Hallyu Wave or something related to Korea’s cultural movement instead of focusing on BTS 10th Anniversary.

The intent is pretty obvious.

Should at least do that for BP and TW

No intention by the govt to honor a certain 1,344 years old though even though she outlived all of them

• Out of curiosity, how many stamps were printed for each of the 3 acts you mentioned?

Unfortunately, I don't know; the websites that discuss South Korean postage stamps mainly discuss the ones that existed before even I was born.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!