Jessica will headline for a huge Music Festival in China today. Does this make her the 1st kpop soloist to headline for a music festival?

• Jessica Jung Charts on Twitter
    “Jessica Jung will headline the Summit Music Festival in Chengdu (China) on May 1 at 9:15PM KST. #JessicaJung #郑秀妍 #제시카”
    twitter.com

Although it is certainly not as big as coachella or lollapalooza, The Summit music festival seems to be a pretty big festival in China, It is also organized and sponsered by QQ which is equivalent to Melon. The crowd for day 1 and day 2 was packed and C netizens were all talking about the festival. Jessica will be the Headliner for Day 3, which is today. This is a pretty big deal for her and Kpop as well considering the hallyu ban in china. I want to know if she is the first kpop soloist to headline for a music festival.

• well she's not a kpop soloist '-'

it's been years since she promoted here, she's a chinese celebrity now since she only promote in china

She's blacklisted in korea so she can't promote there even though she wants to. Just because she's active in China currently doesn't make her a chinese celebrity she's still a korean artist.

• She's blacklisted in korea so she can't promote there even though she wants to. Just because she's active in China currently doesn't make her a chinese celebrity she's still a korean artist.

Blacklisted from show maybe but she still can release Korean songs, she already did it so she can still promote in korea to some extent, she just doesn't want it anymore that's all

She's maybe korean by nationality

But she's still a chinese celebrity

Just like when a chinese is promoting in korea, they are consider as korean idols

Not chinese idols

ANd if they go to promote only in china like luhan or tao or lay or even victoria they are then see as chinese celebrities

It's the same for jessica that's it, she's 100% promoting in china so she's a chinese celebrity

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• No one is going to buy your music if you've been blacklisted from the country's music industry. You're asking some company to knowingly invest in a money pit, which is counter-productive for a business. She'd still be active in Korea and probably still be in Girls Generation if it were up to her.

One thing I don't understand is why she didn't try harder to debut in America. It's probably too late now.

• Since when has she been active in china? I remember a rumor that she was joining a chinese Survival show.

Since that rumor. It ended up being true and that show kick started it. Shes been doing Chinese shows since and her brand has opened multiple stores over there.

it's been years since she promoted here, she's a chinese celebrity now since she only promote in china

She barely been in china a full year?

Her last Korean song came out at the end of 2021 and she still does shoots for Korean magazines. This is weird reach. I've never seen anyone say a kpop group becomes jpop if they spend a year in Japan

One thing I don't understand is why she didn't try harder to debut in America. It's probably too late now.

Waste of time, waste of money. I've seen several ex-idols try to make it in the US and it's bombed terrible

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• She’s a brilliant businesswoman. When all is said and done she will have made millions more from deciding to market herself and brand in China.

True.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think she is a kpop soloist given that all her solo albums and most of her singles are in Korean and were released in Korea.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not 100% when she still works in Korea. She has Korean gigs and I'm sure that her upcoming album will be in Korean probably with Chinese/English versions.

• No one is going to buy your music if you've been blacklisted from the country's music industry. You're asking some company to knowingly invest in a money pit, which is counter-productive for a business. She'd still be active in Korea and probably still be in Girls Generation if it were up to her.

I don't think it's too late for anything. If she promotes hard under a huge label, she can make it.

I wonder why she didn't debut in America too. She signed to an American label and was a regular at many huge fashion events, I thought she would go ahead and push her music career as well but she didn't.

However, going to China was a smart move because she already had a big fanbase, all she needed was to be active there and she is already on top, bigger than she ever was in Korea at her peak so I guess the American thing was just to buy time for the Korea-China relations to get better.

• By nationality, Jessica and Krystal are American though their parents are ethnic Koreans. They grew up in the Bay Area around a lot of Chinese-Americans and also during SNSD's time SM required its trainees to learn Chinese and taught to see China as a natural market after the US and Korea.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!