What makes Seventeen irrelevant compared to BTS/Twice/Blackpink/Exo?

• Not talking about achievements, but impact with the public. The group has what it takes: talents, self producing skills, English speakers, Chinese speakers, easy listening music but the public doesn’t care about them at all. Even Kpop fans don’t discuss them. NCT gets more discussions. What is the cause of this? Is it music, personality, too many members or something else?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It is really simple, they have more Chinese, Japanese and Korean fans who do not populate English speaking stan twitter or international Kpop spaces like AKP, etc. That is it, that is the only reason you do not see much discussion on them cause they do not have as many i fans (aka non East Asian fans) as other groups you mentioned.

• 1. releasing bad title tracks

2. too many members

3. no fans in west compared to other groups

4. make too many photo cards killing the planet and trees (evil and sick)

5. not interesting

6. no identity musically

7. just exist

8. LOVE THEM THOUGH.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• imma gonna be k word because of this but all the people around me who stan them (I have met only 12-13 carats by the way) are carats because of their variety content mostly without knowing anything about their music.

They don't have much stans in west because I think their music is not the type of music which west likes, and western stans creates the most hype on social media.

But they do have a very large fandom in Korea and China which is increasing day by day if you see the amount of trending post they have on Korean forums so they are good for life.

• I don't think Chinese speakers matter that much in most countries.

Chinese pop culture is not as influential as Korean pop culture abroad, partly because of the heavy censorship and not being on 'our' social media.

Don't know why they are not that relevant in the West (yet?).

Maybe 13 members is too much. I've even seen people bitch about Kpop having too many members when it concerns groups like BTS and they only have 7 members.

I think the number of members is a bit of an impediment for me as well. I think 9 is the max for me too stan and even then I'm bad with names.

The guys seem nice and I often thought I want to get into the group more, but haven't so far.

• I think their music is the kind of music that's more for korea, japan and china etc. Public friendly but too safe/chill or a bit forgettable and them having many members plays a role. Their style is objectively better than most boygroups, so most people won't mind listening to their songs but don't actively search for it except a few.

• Too many members is the main reason. Also, their discography is okay but no offense, neither their music or any of the members stand out too much compared to other 3rd gen's major acts.

• what are you talking about???

Seventeen is HUGE. are you living under a rock? they just became the first group to sell over 4 million in their first week.

Seventeen's 'FML' becomes first K-Pop album to exceed 4 million sales in first week of release
    Seventeen's latest album rapidly sold over 4 million copies!According to Hanteo chart, 'FML' accumulated over a whopping 3.99 million copi…
    www.allkpop.com

they had a nearly sold out tour in the US - had to cancel their sold out tour in Europe cus of covid and they need to go back..

idk why you'd think they're irrelevant. they're one of THE hottest group out there right now.

• For a group with so many "record-breaking" achievements, they're largely ignorable.

Way too many members; no group needs that many, I truly don't believe so. What's the use of so many in one group?

Their songs are pretty unremarkable. One or two might stand out but I don't think it's due to them necessarily; those songs could literally be from any other group.

I just don't see what's so special about this group. And that's okay too. They're not for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!