Is Jessica's brand Blanc & Eclare the best brand by A K-pop Idol?

• The brand was opened in 2014, Making Jessica the first Female idol with her own brand. I've seen many people wear it starting from BTS, BLACKPINK, (G)Idle , Twice, Red Velvet and so many other groups. Not only that many actresses have also worn Blanc & Eclare. Even IU has worn B&E. This makes me wonder if it is the most successful brand by a K-pop idol?

All the new collections from B&E are seen on idols soon after they are released so B&E must be a stylist favorite. Not only in K-ent but also in C-ent you can see famous celebrities wearing B&E. Jessica also recently opened 5 new stores in China so there must be high demand for her products there. Blanc & Eclare was also featured in Tokyo Girls Collection this year which is a big fashion event in Japan. Other idols also have brands like Peaceminusone by GDragon which is really successful as well, but I feel like overall Blanc & Eclare is more often worn by idols and celebrities. What do you guys think about this?

• Go to Best Answer
  • I think it might be. There's a lot of factors to be counted but if we talk about growth, Jessica's brand has flourished. It started with just sunglasses but look at where it is now. In just 8 years she turned the brand into a industry staple. Almost every Idol you know has worn B&E once (except for Snsd).

Edited once, last by Ash9 ().

• it is and the real reason is because Jessica is the only idol who don't see heer fashion brand only as a side job and focused for years only on blanc & eclare to make it a real fashion brand

and actually not just Asian celebrities wore Blanc & eclare

i saw some western celebrities lie Hailey bieber, Kendal jenner and gigi hadid wearing blanc & eclare sunglasses

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Didn’t Jessica go bankrupt at one point because of her brand? And fashion designers can send their clothes for idols to wear at no cost as long as they wear the clothes.

There was a lawsuit but she never went bankrupt. The company they took the bussiness loan from was taken over by a new company and they wanted the whole loan repaid and gave B&E a deadline, which wasn't possible as it is hard to pay so much money in a short time. The new company used Jessica's name to pressure them to pay back faster and that hurt her reputation even though it wasn't a personal loan. The issue was resolved so I don't think there's any need to bring it up especially considering how well B&E is doing now.

It is true that designers send idols their clothes and Jessica does too but that is only when a new collection drops. She can't possibly send Pr packages to every artist active in the industry. Also a lot of her popular pieces are often sold out.

• it is and the real reason is because Jessica is the only idol who don't see heer fashion brand only as a side job and focused for years only on blanc & eclare to make it a real fashion brand

and actually not just Asian celebrities wore Blanc & eclare

i saw some western celebrities lie Hailey bieber, Kendal jenner and gigi hadid wearing blanc & eclare sunglasses

I agree a lot of these idols treat their brand as a side hustle but Jessica puts in 100% for her brand. She is a true Bussiness Woman. In kpop I think only her and GD take their brand seriously and not just for the sake of saying 'Look! I have my own brand.' I really respect both of their hard work.

• There was a lawsuit but she never went bankrupt. The company they took the bussiness loan from was taken over by a new company and they wanted the whole loan repaid and gave B&E a deadline, which wasn't possible as it is hard to pay so much money in a short time. The new company used Jessica's name to pressure them to pay back faster and that hurt her reputation even though it wasn't a personal loan. The issue was resolved so I don't think there's any need to bring it up especially considering how well B&E is doing now.

It is true that designers send idols their clothes and Jessica does too but that is only when a new collection drops. She can't possibly send Pr packages to every artist active in the industry. Also a lot of her popular pieces are often sold out.

Well the loan wasn''t even made by Jessica or B&E but it's Tyler kwon who made the loan

and the company just use Jessica name hoping that it would make more noise and help them to get their paycheckk the fastest

• actually that's not true at all

after Jessica departure, Sooyoung, yuri, seohyun and Tiffany were seen wearing Blanc & Eclare sunglasses when going to the airport

They were wearing the Japanese brand Blanc (which accused Jessica of plagarizing their name). People searched the glasses up and they didn't match the ones Jessica was selling. Everyone thought they were wearing Jessica's brand but apparently not :S

• I agree a lot of these idols treat their brand as a side hustle but Jessica puts in 100% for her brand. She is a true Bussiness Woman. In kpop I think only her and GD take their brand seriously and not just for the sake of saying 'Look! I have my own brand.' I really respect both of their hard work.

it depend on the idol, not all the idol who consider their brand only as a "side hustle" create a brand just to say that they have their own brand

for example Sooyoung from SNSD have her own clothing brand, but she doesn't really promote it or treat it as a main hustle

she just created the brand to support research about retinis pigmentosia, and it's an extension of the charity event she used to hold in the past

because all the profit of the brand go to the cause

so i don't think all idols necessarily create a brand just to say " look i have a brand"

• Best Answer

The brand was opened in 2014, Making Jessica the first Female idol with her own brand. I've seen many people wear it starting from BTS, BLACKPINK, (G)Idle , Twice, Red Velvet and so many other groups. Not only that many actresses have also worn Blanc & Eclare. Even IU has worn B&E. This makes me wonder if it is the most successful brand by a K-pop idol?

All the new collections from B&E are seen on idols soon after they are released so B&E must be a stylist favorite. Not only in K-ent but also in C-ent you can see famous celebrities wearing B&E. Jessica also recently opened 5 new stores in China so there must be high demand for her products there. Blanc & Eclare was also featured in Tokyo Girls Collection this year which is a big fashion event in Japan. Other idols also have brands like Peaceminusone by GDragon which is really successful as well, but I feel like overall Blanc & Eclare is more often worn by idols and celebrities. What do you guys think about this?

I think it is. Because of her Kpop background, she knows what kpop idols are most likely to wear seeing how her designs are loved by kstylists.

She's doing amazing.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Didn’t Jessica go bankrupt at one point because of her brand? And fashion designers can send their clothes for idols to wear at no cost as long as they wear the clothes.

When did she go bankrupt?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• actually that's not true at all

after Jessica departure, Sooyoung, yuri, seohyun and Tiffany were seen wearing Blanc & Eclare sunglasses when going to the airport

They did?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!