Kinda insane to potentially debut at #1 globally & not debut at all on the hot 100

• Jisoo has a chance to debut at #1 on Billboard global 200 charts depending on how much YT streams billboard filters šŸ‘€

She's not predicted to debut inside the hot 100 due to low streams/sales

Streams wise it's totally understandable,the song is 80-90% Korean & jisoo is the least most popular member in the US

Sales wise,YG/Interscope did their usual thing which is not give a fuck šŸ¤™

No webstore download & no instrumental available for purchase šŸ¤™

Charts are stronger nowadays,u need 40+ points to make the chart

Jisoo will get her flowers next time no doubt about it

But I really really hope we can leave this not giving a fuck attitude at YG when BP dips on aug 28

I hope the pinks have some hunger for the charts šŸ˜Œ

• Itā€™s still funny you think they arenā€™t renewing.

Hopefully sheā€™ll get to snag that #1 bb 200, most importantly I hope sheā€™ll have longevity. Flower is doing pretty decent in TikTok

If they were renewing,they would've already not wait till aug 27 šŸ˜Œ

They're still going to be tied to YG to some extent but the company won't manage them anymore

Yeah flower is doing really well in Asia especially Indo where it's rising since d-1 šŸ¤ž

• Not reallyā€¦.excuses lol. Seems like all she has right now is YT streams and even thatā€™s not impressive given sheā€™s the third most popular member, like come on she has more following than Rose. This is your typical BP song, Solo 2.0 and given how much subs they have and this being their only 2023 release right now, canā€™t even beat Lisaā€™s numbers. I canā€™t wait until Mr Beast releases a song, that will go #1 on the Billboard 200 for sure lol. Otherwise, no #1 in Korean, no #1 Spotify, no Billboard Hot 100 it seems. Just really forgettable comeback. Now that BTS is gone, was expecting bigger numbers from BP, I mean come on they pride themselves on low number of comebacks so this should have been stream stream stream on blinks side. K-popā€™s dying, yesssss!!!!!! I can buy my self flowers, la la la

• The USA gatekeeps against Kpop.

They make radio weigh very heavily on their chart and then don't play Kpop.

What they do play in loops is the American artists they love seeing in Hot 100.

What makes it even more unfair is that they act as if they play what's most requested, but then ignore it when a song gets requested a lot.

Yet American newcomers that have no grassroots fanbase somehow get lots of radio play and are declared 'a new star'. No wonder. People hear it all the time on their radios and radio counts for Hot 100. That's how their game works. Apart from the occasional 'funny foreigner' having a hit, they don't want competition from anyone who is not from the USA or UK (big UK artists are often signed by American labels).

I would somewhat understand if the USA was a small country that wanted to protect their music industry, but they always (and this has been going one for at least half a century) want their artists to be played abroad. Can you imagine the hissy fit they would throw if let's say Germany suddenly started gatekeeping against American music?

We were just talking about this in another thread and we made jokes about Kpop fans joining each other to push only Kpop songs into their top 10 every week. I know that won't happen because of fanwars, but to me it would be so funny if that happened.

• Not reallyā€¦.excuses lol. Seems like all she has right now is YT streams and even thatā€™s not impressive given sheā€™s the third most popular member, like come on she has more following than Rose. This is your typical BP song, Solo 2.0 and given how much subs they have and this being their only 2023 release right now, canā€™t even beat Lisaā€™s numbers. I canā€™t wait until Mr Beast releases a song, that will go #1 on the Billboard 200 for sure lol. Otherwise, no #1 in Korean, no #1 Spotify, no Billboard Hot 100 it seems. Just really forgettable comeback. Now that BTS is gone, was expecting bigger numbers from BP, I mean come on they pride themselves on low number of comebacks so this should have been stream stream stream on blinks side. K-popā€™s dying, yesssss!!!!!! I can buy my self flowers, la la la

flower is nothing like solo this has that old korean style even some trot elements having an empty chorus doesn't make it similar

• the BP fanbase in the US is not strong at all when compared with other countries. unlike other kpop groups BP relies more on the gp than others. more versions and website sales would not make sales jump that much in my opinion. BP album sales and how singles performed on the H100 makes that clear.

but let's not kid ourselves about how kpop agencies and idols crave the american market. billboard is a major goal for most i bet. stocks rise when they chart well over there as well. yes, the US is not everything but it is a major player for global recognition. which sucks because it's such a corrupt industry.

• I agree it's absurd in the sense it shows the disconnect between how US chart is calculated and what's impacting globally. YG also made zero effort, like 99% of kpop labels, to give it the tools to succeed in the US. (This is going to be a point of increased discussion as Billboard make it harder and harder for digital sales to impact the charts. Kpop labels will really need to strategize how they'll navigate this assuming BB charting continues to be a valued goal for most.)

Anyway, from the sound of the song, I'm thinking the goal was to do really well domestically and in Asia, which it is.

• the BP fanbase in the US is not strong at all when compared with other countries. unlike other kpop groups BP relies more on the gp than others. more versions and website sales would not make sales jump that much in my opinion. BP album sales and how singles performed on the H100 makes that clear.

but let's not kid ourselves about how kpop agencies and idols crave the american market. billboard is a major goal for most i bet. stocks rise when they chart well over there as well. yes, the US is not everything but it is a major player for global recognition. which sucks because it's such a corrupt industry.

All that is YG/Interscope fault & BP to some extent

Your can condition a fandom but the company doesn't even try yet expect results

Interscope doesn't give a fuck since 2020 šŸ˜‚

• I agree it's absurd in the sense it shows the disconnect between how US chart is calculated and what's impacting globally. YG also made zero effort, like 99% of kpop labels, to give it the tools to succeed in the US. (This is going to be a point of increased discussion as Billboard make it harder and harder for digital sales to impact the charts. Kpop labels will really need to strategize how they'll navigate this assuming BB charting continues to be a valued goal for most.)

Anyway, from the sound of the song, I'm thinking the goal was to do really well domestically and in Asia, which it is.

They don't try either for BP songs

• All that is YG/Interscope fault & BP to some extent

Your can condition a fandom but the company doesn't even try yet expect results

Interscope doesn't give a fuck since 2020 šŸ˜‚

I think blinks are kind of unfair to Interscope. They went pretty hard for BB 200. The lack of promo was more due to YG incompetence with BP's schedule. The lack of radio is expected because Interscope is not known for payola. And BTS and BP are still pretty niche in the US and radio is basically ran by AI.

I maintain BP has more casual listeners than hardcore fans, and they're pretty fine with that I think.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!