Uh-oh, Looks like Grammys GOT TOO COCKY...

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

I see this not ending well for them. Black twt are mad af especially since R&B category will be for non-televised pre-show.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Well, not gonna watch then :|

I mean what is the purpose to watch it if it cuts out awards/performances from certain categories? The point for the Grammy Awards is to recognize achievements in the music industry as a whole, or at least up until now I guess?

:whatb:

work in progress

Edited once, last by Sara-M ().

• Performance by a Duo/Group hasn't been on the telecast in the past. When Lil Nas X won it last year for "Old Town Road", it was pre-show. There are over 200 grammys presented, there isn't time for all of them on the main show. They usually only do 4-5, between the main performances. Anyone mad at that is being silly. Look at previous years and how they present.

• Performance by a Duo/Group hasn't been on the telecast in the past. When Lil Nas X won it last year for "Old Town Road", it was pre-show. There are over 200 grammys presented, there isn't time for all of them on the main show. They usually only do 4-5, between the main performances. Anyone mad at that is being silly. Look at previous years and how they present.

Don't care enough to see that tbh

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Well that sounds a lot more reasonable

work in progress

Yeah this isn't controversial at all and the norm...OP are even black or on Black Twitter? Who is mad?

• Difference between "Best duo/group" and "Best Duo/group PERFORMANCE". One of those is where BTS is nominated (hint: it's the second). Do the deserve the first? Probably, for sales impact alone. But because they're foreign, they got relegated to the latter. People hold out hope that old-ass white men will recognize their achievements as the biggest sellers and biggest act, but they're up against Taylor Swift, which means it's probably a faint hope. The real achievement is being invited to perform, it shows the respect of the Recording Academy even for a kpop group.

• I'll never get the obsession with the grammys really. I suggest reading up on how the voting process is done, its people voting for categories they have no clue about or might not even have heard. Basically whatever is most known tends to get more votes. Then you have the secret jury in the end that can change the results if they are not pleased with the voting results, and none will know.

• Difference between "Best duo/group" and "Best Duo/group PERFORMANCE". One of those is where BTS is nominated (hint: it's the second). Do the deserve the first? Probably, for sales impact alone. But because they're foreign, they got relegated to the latter. People hold out hope that old-ass white men will recognize their achievements as the biggest sellers and biggest act, but they're up against Taylor Swift, which means it's probably a faint hope. The real achievement is being invited to perform, it shows the respect of the Recording Academy even for a kpop group.

No I think they'll win. Actually I'd confidently bet on it. There has been so much racially charged discussion in the run-up this year that it will benefit the Grammy's to give an award to a group of Korean men over a white woman and call it a win for diversity. Plus, making it an award for performance makes it a no-brainer. BTS always turn in great performances.

i dont trust the white men, but BTS are going to pull up with the best performance out there and these men are going to look like fools for sure

• I don’t know why RnB and Rap is out this year

But for pop duo it ain’t rocket science. More than half of the competitors in that category aren’t present at the main show live including BTS themselves who will be watching from Korea. If anyone wins they are just gonna livestream their thank you speeches. I understand why the producer shifted it to premiere then

Also this isn’t final lineup. They sometimes change it right before the show when the producer becomes more or less aware of the winners. I am only making this reference from last year when Lizzo pop solo was swapped with Billie pop vocal album because Billie would have done 5 speeches and Lizzo won it after the momentum from her opening performance

• this year's award show is not going to be the same. Their ratings have been declining every year. I used to like Grammy awards when it was based on quality music now it's just like other award shows only based on popularity. I guess you got the performances at least or somewhat.

• I don’t know why RnB and Rap is out this year

But for pop duo it ain’t rocket science. More than half of the competitors in that category aren’t present at the main show live including BTS themselves who will be watching from Korea. If anyone wins they are just gonna livestream their thank you speeches. I understand why the producer shifted it to premiere then

Also this isn’t final lineup. They sometimes change it right before the show when the producer becomes more or less aware of the winners. I am only making this reference from last year when Lizzo pop solo was swapped with Billie pop vocal album because Billie would have done 5 speeches and Lizzo won it after the momentum from her opening performance

Not having Rap or RnB presented at the show is shocking. Those are pretty big categories and represent most of the black artists.

The Grammys have a major racism problem so we shouldn’t be surprised. I mean Justin Bieber over The Weeknd, Noah Cyrus over Rina Sawayama. Like come on.

ღ Sulli

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!