Why is Kpop struggling so much on Spotify compared to Latin music?

• Kpop can't do well as Latin music on Spotify charts. There's > 50 Latin songs on Spotify 200 from Bad Bunny, Shakira, Karol G, Feid,... but only 6 songs from Kpop artists. Why so? (Especially when Kpop acts can outsell Latin acts so much in physical sales)

• bbb988

Changed the title of the thread from “Why is Kpop struggling so much on Spotify compared to” to “Why is Kpop struggling so much on Spotify compared to Latin music?”.
  • Korean isn't a widely spoken language. Kpop rides on its still growing international popularity to get any sort of headway on international charts, and that's mainly limited to BTS and BP. 4th gen groups seem to be pushing that envelope further but it's still very much a niche industry compared to reggaeton and dembow.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Why is people asking obvious questions about latín music recently?

that’s been op’s entire mo from day one lol it’s like they’re in a competition with themselves to come up with the dumbest most obvious threads as possible and then hope people bite the stupidly obvious bait. tbf to op sometimes people do fall for it and they fall for it hard lol so ig at least there’s method in their madness :sweat:

• Kpop is and will always be a visual genre.

That's why it's most widely consumed on YouTube.

The world's most-spoken language is Spanish. So the people listening to it understand what they're saying.

Korean is spoken fluently by, let's be generous and say, 10% of the world. So the streams on Spotify are Kpopies mass streaming their faves because they are Korea.boos who maybe know one word and they pronounce it "ana-yo-ha-sayo".

It's certainly not being used by Koreans who clearly hate Spotify because no one there uses it.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• lol i think you missed a decimal point there. Korean is spoken by 1 percent of the world's population at most, 70-80 million and that's including North Korea. The actual Kpop demo when it comes to language is only 55 million people or so, which makes what Kpop has done pretty effing amazing.

• Even 1% would be generous

• what the hell spanish isn't the most spoken language in the world its either chinese or english

i think ur overestimating how many people speak korean in the world

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!