Jennie being a Soju model compared to IU's Soju promotion

• Samsung used to have the "#1 or bust" philosophy.

Long story short, Samsung's late owner Lee Kunhee had a philosophy that if you can't be #1 in an industry, you do not go in.

That philosophy led Samsung to stay on the cutting edge and dominate the industry.

After he fell unconscious in 2014 (and never recovered), Samsung abandoned this philosophy and it is now starting to decline since the current owner Lee Jaeyong emphasizes cost cutting before quality.

===

I learned Jennie was a soju model from this post

Current soju models

Nonkpop figures - Han Yeseul (actress), Song Gain (trot singer)

KPop figures -

Park Chorong (APink)

Arin (OhMyGirl)

Kim Sejeong (former IOI. Although she is no longer singing, I included her in this category)

Cha Eunwoo (Astro)

Jennie (BlackPink) - a brand from Lotte

IU - a brand from Hite-Jinro

===

Psy is now back.

Who knows what would have happened if Psy did not ignore Scooter Brown's advice to return to have his shows in the shitty colleges of K-O-R-E-A.

Mr. Yang Hyunsuk should have said no to these shitty colleges because Psy's attempt for Billboard #1 was infinitely more important than these shitty colleges educating never do wells.

Yang putting Jennie to a Soju commercial , in my opinion,is another example of his haphazard management style.

Jennie is an international celebrity, yet she is compared to other Soju models.

Worse, the brand Jennie is promoting, Cheoumcheorum (Like the first time), only has a 13% share in the soju market of Korea.

Chamisul (True dew), the brand IU is promoting, has a 65% share.

Granted Chamisul was always the leading brand. However it had around a share of 49% in 2014, and during IU's tenure as its model its share increased to more than 60% which led Hite-Jinro to re-hire her in 2020.

Hite Jinro used her image to promote Chamisul like this too when the owner of Edam Entertainment had released Celebrity last year. (The toad has been the symbol of the brand since it was launched 70 years ago and is recognizable to all Koreans.)

0jRNpnVikKU2S7zbMLEBHc7hsjuhGvs41-da8NY5W5hK24om9cg-QnMRK5PAHHib9boZWiq5O1NwewYFzArORve_95E-U2y5u7DzpgaYoWmRSg=w780-rj-l80-nu-e365

Jennie's soju promotion attempts to give an image that it is for celebrities, but I think it is kinda weak.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

since soju is not a drink used for celebrity parties.

First they had tried this image with Jennie , drinking soju with her friends in a pub

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

but that failed so they tried to use her celebrity image.

Even though Lee Jieun is now worth $40-50 million, she always had the 'down to earth' image which makes her suitable for playing characters who are poor, like the one in My Mister or the upcoming movie Broker.

Jennie was born and bred to be a celeb, and in my opinion putting her into soju commercials is just another short sighted decision of YG who just puts BP to anything which suits his mind without thinking too much about their images.

Granted BlackPink is kind weaker among the K-O-R-E-A-N-S, but what good is there to try to cater to them? Putting Jennie into a soju commercial would not rank among one of YG's greatest decisions.

• Eh knets did say Jennie looked way too luxurious to be a soju model. I remember translating the article. I'll add the quotes if I find it. She was the face of Cass Beer before this. But either way I assume Chum churum had a lot of success as they resigned her for another year if I'm not wrong. I remember seeing a cf with a personalised song that says Jennie in it.

Here are the knets comments:

-Jennie's face is a bit of a luxurious and noble face, but it doesn't match those of ordinary people like soju.

- The former model Suzy's image is too strong

-Jennie is pretty damn and a goddess, but apart from the soju ad, I think beer would suit me haha

-I think Jennie should be drinking champagne or wine instead of soju

-Seeing this, I have to go drink..

-I think Jenny should have an expensive drink

-Jennie this suits you, so luxurious

-If you drink like the first time, you can become like Jennie...? Then I'll drink 5 bottles every day.....

Source: https://theqoo.net/index.php?m...

Meanwhile IU is IU the stock price jumped when the news broke out that she'll be back as the face of chamisuel soju.

Desbundar

• You started thread with Samsung

Actually Samsung in Korea is everywhere but it's so common that there were even posts on Korean forums with titles like "mom this ahjussi has galaxy phone"

Suggesting that he is poor etc.

Of course most of us think about Galaxy flagship but if you look at box of cheapest phone A13 it also has name "Galaxy A13" on box.

This is why both in Korea and in Japan there is that Iphone craze. (In JPN it's just Sony in place of Samsung)

So using Samsung I think that they should keep it simple and use three names for phones. Make Classic, the simple one, make Flip, and make Galaxy but only those Ultra versions.

As for Soju it's similar because they only add different tastes. Also I would sign deal with Jennie for five years and just release some new Jennie Soju to create new trend.

• Money is money and I personally don't care if her soju image isn't strong like iu....

get it nini , let's make more money :pepe-toast:

“ < 4 you & her

• I understood your point as BP image was never really related to alcohol, but saying BP is kinda weaker amongst Koreans while others Jennie CFS are a tremendous success with record numbers is a reach. Jennie CFS are huge in SK hence she is still mentioned a lot and her image there isn't decreasing.

• Lisa and whiskey don’t make sense just like Jennie and Soju. But they follow the money. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lisa always follows the

• Lisa always follows the

She's been trying to shed the old cutesy image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!