Guys do you also found stupid that...

• when for example one music style seems to be hit/trendy then everyone starts doin it

same with concept, or outfits

like currently with that Y2K shieettt

but the worst is that even make up and hairstyles become the same in one or another era...

why it is like that?

don't those stylists and producers get that just as there are different people walking on the streets, the same way groups should be different, finding their own "color", style etc...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I want those circle lenses trend to just die

Bring back natural eyes

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• in general it seems like mid to small companies have no space to be creative. They have to chase trends.

Like Oh My Girl was doing unique styles for longest time and no one cared.

• in general it seems like mid to small companies have no space to be creative. They have to chase trends.

Like Oh My Girl was doing unique styles for longest time and no one cared.

I agree, i make more allowances for nugu groups who try to New Jeansify. That's what happens in a cultural reset.

New Jeans are in pole position right now, as trend starters everything they do in the Y2k space will be well received and considered both trendy and organic since this was their public image from the start. Other acts face a terrible choice: change their concepts completely to chase this trend and risk being labeled as copycats and trendchasers, or stay with their established sounds and risk being labeled as dated and obsolete and unfashionable.

It's a terrible catch 22. We've already seen established acts like Twice trying to chase it with Moonblight with little success. Yena went 180 with her latest comeback which was similarly bad and also yielded little success. Stayc otoh stayed true to their roots and are doing surprisingly well, much better than Beautiful Monster.

I am very apprehensive about the upcoming Ive/Aespa/LSRFM comebacks.

• I mean thats the very nature of trends in general isn't it?

Someone/something strikes gold and everyone else wants a piece.

Look at gaming. One company makes a video game with a unique or new concept and suddenly the industries flooded with them. A huge examples is Demon/Dark Souls games. From Software created a rather unique gaming experience, everyone copied it and the new genre that came from it was even named Souls Like. Most were derivative. Grim stories, dark, depressing worlds, big ugly monsters and spiky over the top armor/weapons.

It's the nature of trends and fads. It's always been that way and always will be. ESPECIALLY when theres money to be made.

Saying that, there is room, even in a trend, for exploration and creativity. It's just a risk. Some companies don't want to take that risk if theres easy profit in taking the easy, unoriginal path. A kpop company might just copy NewJeans style and music pretty closely, while another company could foreseeably look at the Y2K pop trends. but instead of going RnB, they decide to put an early 2000's pop punk, Avril spin on the concept. it still goes close to the Y2K vein, but has that point of differentiation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!