BTS : WINGS & TXT The Name Chapter : TEMPTATION.....

• ( This Post Is About BigHit )

I like how BigHit always touches on youth and the darkness of it.

It opens a sense of relatability, but also a alluring aura surrounding the music.

WINGS - Is an album about the growth of boys, who find themselves conflicted in the face of temptation.

The harder a temptation is to resist, the more you think about it and vacillate. That uncertainty is part of the process of growing. Blood Sweat & Tears is a song that shows how one thinks, chooses, and grows.” The wings pictured in the music video are one of the symbols of growth. “The song relays an optimistic determination to use our wings to go far, even if we are met with temptations in life".

That was BTS explanation about the Wings album.

BTS dark MAMA award performance

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TNC : TEMPTATION - "We always talk about growth. We’ve talked about friendship for The Dream Chapter, and some love being broken in our Chaos Chapter. And, finally, we arrived at The Name Chapter and you know you have to grow up but sometimes you don’t want to yet. That’s what this EP is about: You’re tempted to stay in “Neverland” because it’s sweet and you’re young and free. But at the end of this album, you say “Farewell, Neverland” because you know you have to go".

"It tells the story of youths who decide to embark on a long journey for their future but is swayed by the temptation in front of them". "All the tracks are connected by the central theme. If you listen to the tracks in order, you will be able to feel the emotional changes of the boy who feels happy after falling for the immediate temptation but soon realizes the reality and sets off on his own path."

That was TXT explanation about the Temptation album.

Im looking forward now to TXT year end award show performances, with this dark, but light concept.

• Good question. Although I’ll say BTS own is from the members themselves because their whole album discography has been a transition from their youth to adulthood, showcasing their growth through different stages of life

I agree and they've documented it a lot, so to imply BH is the one responsible for it seems misguided. I'm afraid I don't know as much about TXT though - perhaps a MOA can help shed light there.

• I agree and they've documented it a lot, so to imply BH is the one responsible for it seems misguided. I'm afraid I don't know as much about TXT though - perhaps a MOA can help shed light there.

While I definitely think BH is playing a heavier hand in TXT's concept and image, TXT's music has always been about growing up and the pitfalls of it.

• The dream chapter albums discussed the idealism of youth using school as a backdrop for TDC: Magic and the Eternity Port ver. concept photos (minisode1 transition of wanting to stay dreaming)
    • The chaos chapter discussed loving someone in your youth (minisode2 breakup transition)
    • Now we're in the name chapter where TXT is realizing that the dream is gone, their relationship is over, and as hard as they try, they can't stay kids forever as it will only stunt their growth.

The "Name" part of the album titles also has to do with their lore, like "dream" and "chaos" before it. It reminds me of "HYYH", "Love Yourself", and "MOTS".

Overall, the core of the message for both groups is similar. Both are introspective about the weariness of growing into adults and have story-driven albums that double as personal notes about their careers and lives as both people & idols. It's the musical backdrop and lore that are vastly different from each other, which is why I'm a fan of both. Bighit has similar ideas for both but executes them in distinct ways.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Huh???? Lol

Well you know =m if you think about like what "Temptation" means, it could be defined as doing what is easy rather than what is right, or doing what seems like a good plan but later realizing it neglects vital priorities, and it is followed by regret. It doesn't have to be something obviously wrong or bad, it could also be like a hasty decision or uninformed decision, like someone selling snake oil to you before you know what a con is. Anyway when I think about what this means, it makes me think of all the bad decisions I have made in my life, and how I don't know what are the most efficient choices and what are the best decisions to make, or even what values to prioritize or what is important in life. So I feel analysis paralysis! =O

• Well you know =m if you think about like what "Temptation" means, it could be defined as doing what is easy rather than what is right, or doing what seems like a good plan but later realizing it neglects vital priorities, and it is followed by regret. It doesn't have to be something obviously wrong or bad, it could also be like a hasty decision or uninformed decision, like someone selling snake oil to you before you know what a con is. Anyway when I think about what this means, it makes me think of all the bad decisions I have made in my life, and how I don't know what are the most efficient choices and what are the best decisions to make, or even what values to prioritize or what is important in life. So I feel analysis paralysis! =O

This was a good read actually💗💗💗💗

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!