Rose - On the ground (opinion)

• You became victim of your own high expectations tbh.

You don’t need to like every Song, but this doesn’t mean that just because you didn’t like it, it was a bad Solo for her.

I personally love it and keep on playing it.

Well, at this point I'm glad I am in the minority. <3 Not everything should cater to my own personal interests. I hope OTG will do well on charts.

Still can't help but thinking that Rosie is wasting her potential a bit with this song.

U5PXJsA9.png?0511
    BLΛƆKPIИK
    - Jisoo - Jennie - Rosé - Lisa - OT4

• Still can't help but thinking that Rosie is wasting her potential a bit with this song.

Yeah I agree.

I'm a casual listener but since hearing Rosé sing in KOMS, I've been looking forward to her solo. However OTG doesn't let her showcase her vocals and emotional singing like I saw in KOMS. I'm a little sad because I waited 2 years but I hope she does well on the charts.

• I agree with one thing. She should have a solo that catered more to her vocals.

But vocals alone is not something to be proud about as an artist. There should be the purpose and message of the song. And Rosé delivered it very well.

I heard Rosé in OTG as an artist and an ordinary person behind the glamour and fame which is important for me. This is her story. Listen well and let the message flow into your soul.

• Well for me... Whether its in korean, english... repetitive, boring etc... I still love it. Because its Rosé. I am a fan of her voice, her sound in english pronunciation is music to my ears. Rosé is so bold and brave to release On the ground... she liked it from the get go. Who are we to complain. If Chipmunk Rosé is happy and satisfied then me as a fan I am all good. Even if she sings a happy birthday song or a version of giyomi, my moolah is ready to buy it.

• I can see where you're coming from. It's not that bleak for me though. It's not quite what in had in mind for her, and there is something generic in the writing style, but I think that's pretty standard in pop. And those writers know what works. It will probably do well in most international markets.

• Not a BlackPink fan but I prefer Jennie's music more than Rose's. Was expecting Rose's music to be better because of her vocals but wth her songs are so boring and overrated....I feel like only her fans like her songs to support her.

I can imagine the amount of money put into her MVs but with her songs it doesn't match with all the hype in the MVs

• If I’m being honest. It took me a couple of listens, but it’s definitely is a grower. I think gone is more of my style. I do realize that Rosie put a lot of effort into her solo project, and it really shows. I do think that the song was a bit generic, though. Rosé has an incredible and colorful voice. She will always be one of the most unique singers in K-pop to me, but I feel as though OTG didn’t really showcase her vocal ability that great. Don’t get me wrong, her singing was still heavenly, and she still popped off the the badass queen she is, but I think if OTG was a bit more of a ballad, it would have suited her vocals a bit better. That still doesn’t change the fact that her song is doing great right now, which is something I’ll always be proud of. She’s worked her ass off to get to the point where she is right now, and I’ll always respect that :borahae:

• Otg is good in my opinion. I did not like it during my first listen since it felt generic, but a few more listens helped it grow on me. It has that classic Blackpink sound, and it did get in my head. And of course, Rose's vocals were heavenly. Maybe they could have pushed her vocals more, but I do not dislike what they did with it. Overall, while I don't love the song, I can say I liked it.

I do think what saves the song are the vocals and lyrics. Lyrically it's definitely relatable and seems to come from the heart. It terms of Blackpink songs in a general sense, I hope we can see more of that.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!