I love Rosé but I wished she had a full Korean song.

• since it was confirmed her song is in full english I am a bit frazzled and sad. Some people are saying she will chart well but I do not know.

Dynamite is the only full english song that charted well so maybe Rosé will do well. I wish it was half and half, but I get why she chose english, it is a lot easier to sing in english than Korean with the style she sings in.

I am not that angry but just a bit disappointed because Gone is in full english as well so it doesn't seem like her Korean debut but her Western debut.

This does not mean I am not excited, I will tune in of course because she is my girl and I want what's best for her <3

• I'm pretty sure Rosé said in the press conference it was her own decision to have the song be full English

English is her first language after all maybe she feels more comfortable that way

YG's goal with BP is never Korea so I don't think they cared too much either way

• Official Post

Why do y'all keep saying Dynamite is the only English song that charted well when Square(2017) exists.....this Baek Yerin erasure.

:pepestare:

Anyway English is probably the language she's most comfortable in....so I see no problem. She chose it herself, and I think English would be a better language for the storytelling.

And it shouldn't matter if Rose's solo doesn't meet expectations charting-wise, that doesn't make her or BP any less popular.

I think alot of you guys here are focusing more on the charting, achievements and reception aspect of this, and not the actual music.

• I'm pretty sure Rosé said in the press conference it was her own decision to have the song be full English

English is her first language after all maybe she feels more comfortable that way

YG's goal with BP is never Korea so I don't think they cared too much either way

Well then what was their goal then? The west? It’s a single album it can’t chart and billboard 200 and even with a group comeback it was hard to chart on the hot 100

• Maybe because it is easy for her to speak English and KPOP nowadays always aiming to the Western market. So it is an opportunity for her. Didn't she the one that writes for the title? That mean she the one that wants it

• This is a good point! Rosé will slay either way. Sometimes we get so caught up in the details that we forget about the fact that the artist made this from her heart.

I think for me if yg isn't distributing it it would have been in Korean. It's gonna be fire anyways

• Why you keep using the term "erasure"? Did you just learn that word today?

• Well then what was their goal then? The west? It’s a single album it can’t chart and billboard 200 and even with a group comeback it was hard to chart on the hot 100

Here's a wild thought... What if she- get this- just wanted to put out some personal music for her fans... in a language that she was most comfortable in- imagine that? Charts will do their thing but it's not the end of the world and doesn't correlate to her/BP's popularity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!