My personal thoughts on Solosé

• The things I wanted/want:

Well first of all congrats yg for again pulling off lies and successfully fooling us into thinking we were getting a mini but turns out since Rosé doesn't have a cock between her legs, she has to settle with 2 bloody songs.

Which brings on to my next point, her solo album won't be charting in bb 200 because of that.

Now even though I really wanted english songs, it was when I thought we might at least get 4 songs, so another bside along with Gone can be english.

But now you know what, they better make the title track in Korean. Because if its in english, the song won't do well in Korea and from what I heard she is gonna perform on Inkigayo so hopefully it indeed is a korean song or half n half.

Also what is up with the non existent proper distribution overseas. I thought they will learn their lesson after The Album sales success to properly distribute every album there. They are trying to aim for Western market with the whole Friday release at 12am est but they pull shit like this and literally the single album won't be charting on 200. Great going yg.

I am afraid if they make the title track in English then we will just be left with subpar hot 100 n korean charting. I swear if they sabotage her.

Also they better send her to M countdown. If the males can go, they better promote her song there. Anyways I am really trying to stay hopeful. I can't wait.

Solosé 12th March, 2021. Anticipate!!!

She looks so beautiful n elegant omg I can't :pepelove1::pepeflushed::pepelove2::pepe-cowboy::pepe-simp::pepe-comfy::pepelove:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

Edited once, last by rosseannepark ().

• I think she will do well english or korean. Bp are at that point anything they do will do well i wouldnt worry too much.

Gone was nice i hope on the ground is too.

No if her title track is in English it won't do "blackpink" level well in korean charts. I love Rosé but come on, even bp won't do exceptional with a full English song in korean charts at least not as of now.

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• I think everyone is a little too quick to call an English title track sabotage, Rosie was literally involved with designing her album and the stuff in it, she got to choose the name, she insisted on performing Gone at The Show, I'm pretty sure she was allowed to have a say on the language of her title track.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• I think everyone is a little too quick to call an English title track sabotage, Rosie was literally involved with designing her album and the stuff in it, she got to choose the name, she insisted on performing Gone at The Show, I'm pretty sure she was allowed to have a say on the language of her title track.

Maybe, maybe not, idk, I personally think Rosé isn't super thrilled with the idea of having only 2 songs for her solo debut either after her album keep getting delayed for 2yrs. It was unfair when Jennie got only one song n its unfair to Rosé too and especially when her solo kept getting delayed for years.

• we already know one of the lyrics because of the neon lights on the building in the teaser and it’s in english (like in playing with fire mv/teaser)

but i think it’ll be half english and half korean

you really summed up my thoughts, tbh. it should’ve been a mini album with 4 songs. one single in half korean and half english to promote in korea (along with a full korean ballad with no english). and then a full english single to promote globally, plus a final song (full english collab with halsey! to promote in the west!!!!! she’s one of the most successful female artists in the west since 2010. shes more commercially successful (sales, charting, etc.) than ariana grande and their vibes/music/voices together.....)

and the singles should’ve been spaced out by like a month and properly promoted. the halsey collab and ballad wouldn’t even need mvs. just radio or music shows, sync, etc. to help build hype for the album and get more sales afterward as well. like:

the halsey collab in january

the full english single in february

the half and half single + the mini in march

promoting the ballad in korea in april

as well as having global/western distributions to retailers, lots of preorder time, a ton of promo and building hype, etc.....

• You thought too much. They will never do all that but 4 songs were the bare minimum we were asking and proper distribution n promotions.

• You thought too much. They will never do all that but 4 songs were the bare minimum we were asking and proper distribution n promotions.

i wasn’t expecting all that tbh, just hoping for it

i thought probably 2 songs and a 3rd and 4th would be the instrumental of the title track and a remix or acoustic version where rosie does guitar. when i mentioned it on the old forum everyone said i was being pessimistic.

but now..... i’m glad i never let myself fully believe anything yg says. they also said i was being too harsh on the company when i said that 2020 didn’t prove anything about “being better to the girls now”

we usually wait 9 months for a mini of 4 songs. we waited 18 months and got 8 songs. it was a full album but the same lack of content as always.

2 singles (hylt and lsg). the selena collab was obviously a last minute though. the mv was subpar for bp standards (even if it was cute), and it made the album get pushed out by another month.

we didn’t get more of anything or better anything in 2020. we just had 2020 content + our content from 2019 getting delayed until 2020. so it seemed like more.

i told everyone they never changed and not to get their hopes up for yg in 2021. but i’m trying to focus on the positives of rose debut! at least we get two songs from her :/ and no proper promo ://///

• YG is reliable, they stay disappointing us all.

What was the original wording for Rose's solo? I know we were expecting an EP at least. Two songs is a double single.

Why not buy at least another two songs? Literally some mellow filler songs would do. Her voice would do the heavy lifting.

But she's broken pre-sales records, so YGE are patting themselves on the back. Minimum outlay, maximum profit. That's what Blackpink is to them.

• Maybe, maybe not, idk, I personally think Rosé isn't super thrilled with the idea of having only 2 songs for her solo debut either after her album keep getting delayed for 2yrs. It was unfair when Jennie got only one song n its unfair to Rosé too and especially when her solo kept getting delayed for years.

I don't think it was unfair Jennie debuted with one song. It was a really great release with the photobook and the YouTube series. And Lisa is debuting with one song, and presumably also Jisoo (though maybe she'll be doing the OST for Snowdrop). If there's any unfairness to Jennie it's that she had a huge hit in Korea and no follow-up because YG have been dragging their feet on everything. Really she should have had another song by now but there would have been hostility if it came before Rosé's.

I suppose what makes the difference is how long Rosé and Blinks have been strung along, and how upset Rosé has been at some points, and they did say to expect multiple tracks which read like an EP's worth at the minimum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!